Dungeons & Dragons and other RPGs

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Rattrap Primal, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not sure why they're haven't done yet. Like articulated dragons feels like an easy win. Is it too expensive?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dunno, but the Hammond Collection Rexy is damn cool at $50 and is exactly the size I would want a dragon to be.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

That delayed reveal event might have stuff along those lines. They called out that black dragon being a simpler kid-focused thing in an early D&D stream but surely can guess at the appeal of a collector-grade dragon.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh I really hope so!

5. Duke spino

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Same. If they think they can sell a boat at 60-70, I'm sure they realize the value of dragons at a similar price would be valuable..I mean, they made a slime right? Rexy is selling great so a giant dragon should be easy money. They could even retool the same body and give us multiple color dragons

As it stands, dicelings will hopefully do for me as the most articulated and reasonably priced ragons on the market so far lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this would be a bad idea. Just because both are fantasy based doesn't mean people are fans of both. Imagine how pissed people would be if forced to buy a brand they don't like because it has a BAF part. Just keep the brands in their own lines.

Imagine if they did it with other brands. Marvel fans estatic to get a BAF Goblin Queen figures. Then they break out the torches and pitchforks once they find out they have to buy Wolverine, Spiderman, Gambit, Lobot from Star Wars and The Library Ghost from Ghostbusters. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  7. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro doesn't really do BAFs anymore, outside of Marvel Legends, which barely does them.

In general, they seem to be moving away from the idea of waves. We get 3-4 figure waves in most lines and around half the actual releases for the year are sold at a higher price point as single-packed figures. Plus multi-packs.

I don't think a mixed property Hasbro line would go down the way you're thinking. For the most part, it would just share planogram pegs.

There wouldn't be a BAF. Waves would be small. You'd see a substantial chunk of releases be single-packed to a case or in multipacks.

In large measure, it would just be a unified place for a bunch of lower performing brands to get between 1-5 figures a year without canceling the line and a launching pad for new lines when something succeeds.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

If there is no BAF, then it would be standard figures at $19.99 (what it should cost, as there are no licensing fees) for a standard figure a few army builders with some characters or named pieces, like a skeleton warrior with a sword and shield and greatsword, and a female elf wizard, with a weapon, spellbound, and a few magic effects or a named character from MTG.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I feel like a scale dragon in a 6" line would be way bigger than Rexy and probably close to the Commander price point. Even young dragons in D&D are freaking huge.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Duke spino

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, but scale accurate would be too expensive. At 50-70 a pop, large and affordable dragons would be good. Big enough to be special in the collection, affordable enough you could convince someone to collect multiple

11. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Kinda overpriced, really wish the numbers were painted 737BA5C5-5F2C-4868-8AA5-A252E81D9E82.jpeg BEA9737F-CA82-4AB2-B71B-6C78844ED099.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    Ack! The Beholder makes them kind of tempting.

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Might as well be their own subline and not connected to the 6" line in that case.

14. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    It’d be nice if there were a few more waves of these in the future. So many creatures they could make...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally I don't need a 6" scale dragon, all I want is a good sized one that's really poseable and looks good to boot. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  16. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they could probably do a Galactus sized dragon as a Haslab. I'd be tempted IF they showed signs of doing a line with deep cuts. But I'm not going to spend $400 on a figure for a line that ends in 2023.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, same. If they expand outside the film and into stuff from the books/graphic novels that are well-loved by the fandom I would be hard-pressed not to buy a bunch of stuff. Not interested in movie figures at this point as I'm not hyped about it. I'll definitely go see it but so far I'm not convinced to buy merch from it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    One cool idea they could do would be kinda like the selfie series but not totally. Once they have enough parts build up they could totally do a build your own character sorta thing where you choose from a selection of parts to make a figure based on your own character (for example, a recent character I made is a Changeling Druid).

I doubt they'd do it, but it'd be cool given that the game is all about making your own characters.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That would be both awesome and I imagine expensive. Given what they charge for preset bodies with the selfie heads I don't want to know what they'd think a "custom assembled body" would be worth even if they're using tooling that already exists. Especially since much like custom character minis the run would be a one off.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Yea, and that price is exactly why I don't think they'd ever do it, but it's still a cool idea to think about.

• Like Like x 1