Dungeons & Dragons and other RPGs

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Rattrap Primal, Oct 18, 2013.

1. VorZorV

VorZorV Nostalgia High Achieved

Warduke looks fantastic and is an instant order for me. They nailed his accessories too.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My kingdom for the cartoon cast!

D&D cartooncast.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Finally a Warduke figure. This is great news. I need the cartoon cast, especially Venger, but I had the original toys and there are some winners NECA, bring it. North Lord is at the top of my list.

CCE708FA-812C-4B49-8427-3EE44026BDB5.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Pharoid

News Credits:
    This is small but you can see the leg articulation.

FF14ECBB-4490-409E-8F5E-86C32911E4D6.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  5. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Love everything about this. I hope we get the entire LJN run, to include Valkyr and Pulvereye

I’d also like to see the unreleased character designs from the puffy sticker sheets

• Like Like x 1
  6. Convotron

Convotron Well-Known Member

Interesting knee joint design. I hope it works well. Warduke looks pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Yeah I am definitely in for these. I wish they we a little more whimsical and cartoony with the designs. These look great but very Conanesque. I am just happy to get a Warduke at the end of the day.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Convotron

I'm good with the aesthetics of NECA's take on Warduke as I associate him more with old D&D book and magazine art as opposed to the D&D toys. However, I'm sure we'll see a toy inspired redeco (NECA never passes up redeco opportunities) that will have a less gritty look.

Hopefully this will open the door for more old school D&D character licensed toys. I passed on the Drizzt and Guenhwyvar toys because they took after the modern look rather than the designs from AD&D art.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Pharoid

News Credits:
    B4177D6B-DDCC-4C9E-821A-47CDA25A3D83.jpeg 97979472-F07F-4982-ADDA-47063782A2F1.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  10. Convotron

Grimsword looks great. I like that he's larger in stature than Warduke.

• Like Like x 1
  11. VictoryLeo19

Love that they did grimsword right off the get go. Cant wait to see a bowmarc and mandoom if they get to em.

12. Pharoid

News Credits:
    The thing that attracted me to this line as a kid, and something that makes or breaks a toyline for me now is scale shifts. You had goblins and elves and dwarves and giants and monsters. It was fantastic. It’s all so much more visually interesting and immersive. Mythic Legions does it well, I just couldn’t stick with the line. I am concerned NECA won’t do a lot here.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Convotron

I really like the Mythic Legions figures but one of the things holding me back from going all in is that the designs are all "too pretty" to my eyes, especially the bad guys/monsters like the orcs. The aesthetics are a bit too polished for me.

In contrast, I love how NECA has retained the brutish and "dad bod" proportions of Grimsword's vintage toy design. He doesn't have the broad shoulders and tapered waist that most toy designs default to. I hope they continue to retain the vintage toy aesthetics from the LJN AD&D toys.

I hope NECA goes full into D&D figures. At least get all the LJN AD&D toys reincarnated in modern action figure form. Then move onto other D&D characters and creatures.

Hopefully, the toy collectors out there who are also into D&D and/or the fantasy genre will buy the early figures in adequate quantities so that NECA can justify investing further in the product line.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Pharoid

News Credits:
    My problem with ML is it’s just too much of a good thing. I couldn’t edit it down enough and I couldn’t commit to the space. Great looking toyline though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe

News Credits:

As if entering a new world wasn't enough- it was to see how the monsters would turn out. It's unfortunate it affects the humans as well, but just something short to do.

Using the second song:

A Spanish song with a Spanish lady. Despite the origin of the lyrics, it's a fun tune, sung by children, whose age would be to watch animation. I thought it was a way to remember this character.​

16. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Wow...time flies.

So, I started LMoP back in summer 2019. This summer will be three years of the same campaign, but only about one year in game time.

I've taken Lost Mines, Dragon of Icespire and Tyranny of Dragons and wrapped it all up into one massive campaign. Everyone will be level 9/10 after the conclusion of the current "episode 2" of Rise of Tiamat.

Only ONE character has managed to stay through the entire campaign. Everyone else has either left the party or, not as often, died. Funny enough, the survivor is a dwarf cleric and this has pretty much become his tale. If the party survives Rise of Tiamat, I'm debating whether to reboot the party or give them a new adventure. Considering that they will most likely return to Waterdeep following the conclusion of RoT, I'm thinking of sending them into the Dungeon of the Mad Mage.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  18. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

So I got Drizzit and Guenhwyvar from the recent Pulse sale. Someone put a lot of effort into these. The outer slipcase has a nice metallic hologram and Drizzit's swords, armor, and scabbards have cool, intricate designs. I never really thought about how Drizzit resembles Elric until getting this figure in hand. I'd love to have Drizzit's friends and enemies, and an Elric for that matter. It's too bad it seems to have been a one-off.

• Like Like x 2
  19. VictoryLeo19

I thought the NECA D&D line was scheduled for May/June release

20. Convotron

It would be a shame if Bruenor and Wulfgar don't get action figures eventually to display alongside Drizzt.

• Like Like x 1