Duncan MegCloud?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Vulcan, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

Somethings been bugging me about the new Earth-made Decepticons: How could the Autobots run through them so easily when they should for all intents and purposes be immortal? For one thing, Prime couldn't stab Galvy through his spark, as he doesn't have one. Also, isn't getting stabbed or smashed to pieces a non-issue for robots that transform by breaking themselves apart into millions of little tiles. Seems like they should be able to instantly heal themselves. Or are they all made out of Bumble Bee's Achilles voice box. :confused: 

2. HQJ

HQJ Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that Galvatron used his dust cloud transforming abilities to dodge attacks at one point, showing that it is physically possible. I assumed that the drones simply didn't have the self-preservation instincts or creativity to do so. Galvatron, although he started out a drone, was taken over by Megatron so, even though he didn't have a spark, he had, for lack of a better word, a soul, or at least an individual mind.

The others on the other hand were merely following Galvatron's orders and struck me as a hivemind-type consciousness. They never protected themselves by flying apart, or healed themselves in the same manner, because, since they have no sense of self, it was outside of their understanding to do so. They literally could not think of doing so on their own.

As far as Galvatron goes, and any of the others were they able to independently develop a sense of self, yes, I'd say he's pretty much unstoppable, until someone comes along with a small EMP device, a broom, and a dust pan.

To be fair though, this is all a pretty major assumption on my part. I may be over-analyzing things and filling in meaning where there wasn't actually meant to be any.

3. Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime Well-Known Member

These guys actually took more hits to go down and dealt more damage than any of the protoforms in TF2 or TF3. There's no reason they should be immortal either. They still have systems in their heads and chests that take care of everything they need to remain functional.

4. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

True they could take some thumps, but even with all the critical systems they have, those were all made from the same matter, which could be reformed into any other part of them. In other words, damage to a brain should not have been fatal to something that can take matter from it's tire and change it into more brain, or just pull the matter back in place after it's blown away.

5. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

They do seem to be mindless, but the ability to assume a form can be programmed in. Like the gun that changed into a speaker: that device wasn't intelligent, but the ability to change was placed into it, so why not self-repair protocols?

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I bet having Galvatron killed will destroy all the other KSI bots simultaneously.

7. HQJ

HQJ Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to say it was impossible for them to be made to do it, or even to learn to do it themselves with time. I was just putting forth a theory for why they didn't in the movie.

As far as why they weren't already programmed to do so, I'm pretty sure it was said that, except for Galvatron, all of the drones were being made to be marketed to civilians. I highly doubt they were designed with beating the crap out of each other in mind, and no company trying to make money is ever going to have an interest in putting out a product that never needs repairs or replacement.

8. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    That would've been an interesting plot point. Try to go after Galvatron (kind of like the queen bee) rather than mowing down the others. Oh well.

9. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

Seems like a good idea if they become a real nuisance.

Good point. Planned obsolescence, it is the bane of progress.