Dumb transformers questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mn_128875, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Depends on the universe and the role the Matrix plays. But since you mentioned Matrix of Leadership it's more of a Sunbow thing, at least for G1. And honestly, I think the impact would be minimal. Outside of upgrading Hot Rod to Rodimus Prime, it barely played a part. Optimus mentions after returning from the dead, that without it he missed the wisdom of the ancients to guide him in forming a plan. But that's about it.

Now, the Creation Matrix from the Marvel comics is another story. In what it finally became, it holds the life essence of Primus. Without the matrix the race would stagnate and die, since it is the way in which new Transformers are given life. There's also (the horrible) budding idea, in which a new Transformer forms from out of an existing one, but that was forgotten when the war broke out. And when Decepticon's rediscovered it after basically conquering the planet, it went wrong because either the Matrix was on Earth or Primus was in hibernation, or both. So without the Matrix, the species would continue to diminish and eventually die out.

Personally, after having re-read the Marvel series recently, I really prefer the original concept by Bob Budiansky. The Creation Matrix is a very advanced computer program that enable the holder, Optimus Prime, to give life to newly built and programmed Transformers. Without this, you can build a Transformer, you can program it, but it's not alive. It needs that little extra. But this is everything the Matrix is.

• Like Like x 3
  2. BigBlueLuke

BigBlueLuke Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Ok I’ll shoot:

Will MP-44 ever get a reissue?

3. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

Well, it did destroy Unicron, but I agree with everything else you said. The Matrix of Leadership just seems to be a repository of wisdom and some power, but it's not the end all be all of the Transformers' existence.

It sounds like Vector Sigma was sorta of the Sunbow version of the Creation Matrix, in that it was used to give actual life to the Stunticons and Aerialbots.

I always felt this is why the Dinobots on the show were primitive. Wheeljack and Ratchet could not create full sapience the way Vector Sigma could.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    I thought it had been multiple times already. It’s in stock at most of the vendors I typically use.

5. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

What happens if the Autobot Matrix of Leadership is destroyed?
    The matrix can't be destroyed it has Plot Armor it can only be temporarily written out to make room for the next plot device... Only to return later when needed.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasn't the 2 times the Matrix was destroyed it didn't return?

7. 2fabdad

What 2 times are you referring to

8. Nova Maximus

News Credits:
    Marvel and IDW.
    In IDW they even went the extra mile and had it split in 2 with one half being destroyed before the other, all before Unicron showed up.
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. 2fabdad

The Marvel Matrix was Not destroyed its energy was released to destroy Unicron and Cybertron was awash in its energy. Thunderwings remains we're also soaked with matrix energy. Only to have it return... Zero space... (written back in) to transform Hotrod into Rodimus Prime.
    Ok IDW did kill the matrix... and the story ended shortly there after. Sunbow Released the Knowledge/wisdom of the Matrix and the story ended 3 episodes later. Optimus does return it to vector sigma and the Sun powered up VS and restored Cybertron. Had it continued the Inevitable would have happened.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nova Maximus

News Credits:
    Well the splitting of the Matrix happened in 2012, the destruction of the first half was in 2014 with the second in 2017, and the ending of the series was in 2018 when both everything on or in Cybertron and any other means to make a Matrix was destroyed before Unicron was stopped, so I doubt it would have.

11. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

The G1 Marvel mAtrix returned for Generation 2 story
    That was the matrix of a different universe, So it doesn’t count as being returned

on the other hand the matrix had a prominent part in the Generation 2 storyline, So the marvel matrix did return

12. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

Why the car robots Cybertrons uses G1 Symbols and why the Car Robots Transformers aren't Downsized?

13. HispasatBot

HispasatBot Banned

Because Car Robots was a standalone show. Takara started to connect everything in 2007 and created disaster timelines.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BeeTwo

BeeTwo ~~Bzzz Bzzz, i'm a bee~~

I have a very silly question that sparked a 1 hour debate between my friends and myself.

As we already know, Transformers are asexual, which means they don't have sexual organs.
    Now the Maximal and the Predacon I guess they don't have them either, but what about their beast modes?
    I mean, if Rattrap scans a rat but this is a female, would his beast mode of him be a female rat?

15. Primeultra

It’s a very interesting question but I’m surprised it’s sparked much of a debate

I would think the dna scanners would be able to read the entire genetic profile of any Life form it scans ,so it would get the genetic info from both sexes and would outfit the transformer in question with the sexual Identity that the transformer in question is Comfortable

• Like Like x 1
  16. BeeTwo

What happens is that when answering part of that question, it left other doubts, and when answering those doubts they generated even more questions and so on continuously.

that makes a lot of sense, thank you very much for the reply c:

17. Primeultra

You’re welcome and I’m sorry if my first replacing a little bit rude

I’m dealing with a sinus infection and I’m just not very comfortable so I might not of chose my words appropriately

• Like Like x 1
  18. BeeTwo

no no no no. On the contrary, I did not feel that you sounded rude, I even felt you were very kind and respectful.
    I hope you can recover soon.

19. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

Where can one actually buy the War for Cybertron PC game? I saw references to it being available on Steam, but I couldn't find it in the Steam Store.

20. Primeultra

Thank u