Dumb transformers questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Nov 19, 2020.

1. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    Which one looks more Autobot-y?

En-toy_BattleRavage.jpg
    En-toy_CommandRavage.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wafer

Wafer King Kong Aventure Fuck

3. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Neither, to be honest, and I think it's the purple. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any Autobots that are purple other than Nautica. I'm sure there are others, but it's not a common color for that faction.

4. Kaleb Hart

Kaleb Hart Toy maker and storyteller

• Like Like x 2
  5. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace UN-LIM-IT-TED POWER

I've always loved the Megatron fusion cannon homage in Battle Ravage's weapons.

• Like Like x 1
  6. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Gundam & Micron Densetsu Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Is it ridiculous that most of the dumb Transformers stories idea I had focused more on the post-Autobots/Decepticons war era, where the war and the Decepticons are a thing in the past but the horrifying "legacy" they left behind still haunted the future generations of heroes after decades?
    • The Autobot Supreme Commander Sky Convoy had a brutal, horrifying past caused by the fallout of the war, where his former younger self was indoctrinated into brutally killing anyone even remotely associated with the Decepticons by the psychopathic Wrecker Impactor, been fatally wounded and left to die when a mission went sour, and his life was nothing but a long "trauma conga line" due to the fallout of the war.... until he finally found a new supportive group of genuine friends and comrades in the present day, and began slowly recovers to become the heroic "Sky Convoy".
    • One of the stories focuses on Cliffjumper, one of Sky Convoy's most loyal underlings whose fatal flaw was his lack of empathy; As he was tasked with a new job by his dearest leader of being a part of an Autobot/Human Department that specializes in rehabilitating Cybertronians and humans, who suffered various consequences caused by the horrifying Autobot-Decepticons conflict decades ago.
    • Another story (Called Super Lifeform Transformers: Supermax) was set 40 years after the Great War as it follows the former Autobot cadet Spinout, who was framed for a crime he never committed; But as Spinout find himself with no choice but to team up with a bunch of inmates, prison staff, and his brother Tigertracks (who he had a strained relationship with) in a prison-break adventure, they discovered a conspiracy set-up by what little remains of the Decepticons threat from decades ago, and they're the only one who can stop their goal to brainwash all of Earth and Cybertron into the reality desired by their long-deceased tyrant Megatron...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Genuinely interesting stories, but it’s actually Tigertrack (no “s”), right?

8. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Gundam & Micron Densetsu Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Yeah, I realizes that I misspelled Tigertrack's name through.

9. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Whatever. Spelling aside, you obviously put a lot of thought into your story ideas. Good stuff.

10. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

This is probably an easy one, but does anyone know what that Hot Rod homage robot with the Star Saberesque color scheme (mostly whites and reds with some blue and yellow accents) is from? I think I've seen it menioned a couple times here already but can't for the life of me remember the details.

The former reminds me of Snapdragon, the latter Skyquake. I'm inclined to go with the Skyquake one due to that tealish blue looking vaguely heroic if you squint at it enough, but then I look at the head and my brain goes "Nope, that's straight up Skyquake". A new headsculp would definitely help.

11. Rapidfirestormer

Rapidfirestormer Not Even Remotely Dorky

I think you're talking about the first Movie Breakaway (the Getaway homage).

• Like Like x 1
  12. HotRodDidNothingWrong

HotRodDidNothingWrong Still salty about TLK Hot Rod

G1 Thunderclash?

13. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

A cool toy, but the design I'm thinking of is a lot more G1esque. The only example I can find of it right now is from the very start of this video (standing next to the Star Convoy looking bot):

I'm almost completely sure it's not just a fan recolor, and I seem to recolor reading about it being a part of some sort of Japanese mecha anime or video game series.

Still, thanks for helping out!

EDIT: Turns out it's called Rodimus Atlas:
    [​IMG]

Couldn't really find anything of it aside from the fan comic made by the same guy who did the video above, which leads me to believe I did misremember and it is just a fan made new form of ol' Rodders after all. My bad!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  14. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Sorry, I don't understand your reference. I bailed on Transformers in early '87 and was probably well into college at the point that character was introduced. My familiarity with late G1, UT, etc. is weak at best.

15. HotRodDidNothingWrong

HotRodDidNothingWrong Still salty about TLK Hot Rod

You could've just said no.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I guess I could have, if I’d understood the question. I was hoping after I explained my ignorance, you might elaborate.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rapidfirestormer

Rapidfirestormer Not Even Remotely Dorky

How effective would it probably be to use a human scale taser on a Cybertronian?

18. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably zero effect at all considering what kind of punishment Humans can dish out that has little to no impact.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    I haven't really been keeping up so maybe this is addressed, but does IDW2 have colony worlds like Caminus or Velocitron? From what I remember, the colonies seem less like previous colony worlds and more like smaller outposts and such.

20. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They do, the new Wreckers book takes place on Velocitron. The reason it seems like they're smaller outposts and such is cause during the Age of Expansion that included both planets and planetoids until the Age of Expansion was brought to a stop.

• Like Like x 2