Dumb transformers questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Nov 19, 2020.

1. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Gundam & Micron Densetsu Enthusiast

News Credits:
    How would you feel if Hot Rod was ended up on a trial by the Autobots, get the death sentence, and be executed; technically he disobeyed orders (treason) and ends up unintentionally got Optimus killed; ala like Hathaway Noa's eventual fate from Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash?

HASAULE-3-09.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

I feel like there still should be some silly episodes in-between to somewhat lighten the mood. Heck, look at the second season of the 90's Iron Man cartoon. It had a more mature tone, yet there was still a silly yet fun episode in-between (where IM basically shrinks and goes inside Hawkeye).

I dunno, I feel like it would be understandable. Heck, normal people would make bullheaded decisions when the stress is too much, and Roddy was in a state of stress at the time as the beginning of the episode implies.

Again, he had to make with what he had. Besides, he must have known that Rodimus was prone to bouts with insecurity as well as stress, hence why he felt coming up with the ultimate weapon plan would put make him go into a state of uncertainty.

Galvatron did show a bit of a sly wit at times (Burden Hardest to Bear, when he was searching for Scourge in an alleyway, as well as Return of Optimus Prime, taunting the other Autobots in a rather mischievous manner). And Galvatron overall was an unorthodox leader, that is why I liked him better than Megatron.

3. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

Sorry buddy but this is utter nonsense

Technically he disobeyed no orders since Kup was not his commanding officer

if you take the movie figure tech spec as gospel Hotrod out ranked Kup

if you use the target master tech specs as gospel they shared the Exact same rank

Either way Kup wasn’t in a postion to issue orders to Hotrod , Besides legally blaming hot rod and bringing him to trial Would be the equivalent of bringing Bruce Wayne to trial for the murder of his parents

If anything it’s Kup that should be brought to trial for dereliction of duty......He’s certainly had millions of years of experience and should’ve been fully capable of coming to the conclusion that Optimus needed assistance

And he refused to help while the rookie risked everything to save his mentor

• Like Like x 3
  4. Primeultra

I don’t disagree but they shouldn’t be at the expense of making the characters seem beyond stupid

What was sone here was equivalent of galvatron touching Rods face abd saying “I got your nose” or pointing up in the air and saying “Look .... a distraction”

I don’t recall that particular episode dumbing down the characters that very much just for the fun....But it has been since almost forever since I’ve seen those episodes
    Sorry I really don’t find anything in this case understandable

Had there been some build up like stolen technology or hints that the Deceptacon’s were developing something then maybe but there’s none of that in the episode

And you already know my stance on the “bipolar” like of how Rod had been dealing with stress abd appearing to over come it in several episodes

The writing staff just did not depict these issues very realistically
    except up till that episode Galvatron showed no indication of that type of In-depth analysis of any kind much less about the enemy

Both seemed more like juvenile taunting but I won’t argue this one very much since it’s more perception than anything else

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheUltimateBum

Well, that is true, since all of us have our own kind of perception, and in this case, that is how I felt when I saw the scenes.

6. Primeultra

In the end I’m not saying it’s a reason to hate the character but it certainly is not his shining moment

nor was it a good moment for Rodimus

• Like Like x 2
  7. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Did Hot Rod disobey an order and thus commit treason?
    He said that he was going to help Optimus in his fight and Kup told him to stay out of it because it was Optimus' fight. As @Primeultra already made clear, there's nothing to suggest Kup outranked Hot Rod, perhaps even the reverse. If Kup didn't outrank Hot Rod, then it wasn't an order and Hot Rod's not guilty of disobeying one.

Secondly, the question should be asked to Kup why he felt it was wrong to help their commander in combat against their most dangerous enemy? (This also happened in Headmasters and it almost got Rodimus Prime killed.) If anything, those few Autobots who weren't engaged in combat should've come to help others fight and what better option than to help defeat Megatron? And it wouldn't be the first time we see an Autobot aid a comrade in the fight.

Did he unintentionally got Optimus killed?
    Let's see, Optimus gets the upper hand in the fight, aims his gun at Megatron ready to squeeze the trigger at the merest twitch, Megatron pleads for mercy and despite Optimus having fought Megatron for millions of years and having experienced that Megatron will do anything to win, doesn't come to the logical conclusion that the guy's up to something.

Indeed, Megatron grabs a gun and raises it. Optimus sees Megatron have this gun now and does nothing. Hot Rod comes running in from behind Megatron in no way blocking Optimus his shot, but as a result Megatron is distracted and moves the gun away from Optimus: if not for Hot Rod he would've aimed and shot Optimus. Hot Rod attacks Megatron (dumb), Megatron gains the upper hand and holds Hot Rod next to him. Not in front of him, but to his side. And then Optimus, one of the best marksman among the Autobots (he can burn a hole in a Decepticon nosecone from 30 miles distant) is unable to hit Megatron who's at least 80 percent exposed from a few meters away, while claiming that Hot Rod is in the way (which Hot Rod wasn't when Megatron actually grabbed his gun and brought it up).

No, looking at footage (and check topics about this, because I've posted/linked to a frame by frame analysis of this half a dozen times already) Hot Rod didn't cause Optimus his death. To the contrary, Optimus got to live several seconds longer thanks to Hot Rod. If it hadn't been for Hot Rod Megatron would've shot Optimus immediately.

So, the trial:
    - Hot Rod didn't disobey an order and instead you should ask why Kup didn't want to aid Optimus?
    - Hot Rod didn't cause Optimus to die, his actions even resulted in Optimus living for a bit longer.

And you want the Autobots to execute him for this?

If this happened then I would act like Marvel Blaster and leave the Autobots to become my own faction. And as soon as the evidence is out there, most of the Autobots would join me. Because such a trial would show that a) whomever would be in command at that time would be incompetent and unreliable, and b) that the Autobots would have a very warped and corrupt justice system.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  8. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    Remember when the Decepticons actually HAD Ultimate Weapons, and didn’t need to try and bluff. Pepperidge Farm remembers...

I uh... don’t think you know what wit is...

Galvatron was certainly a NITwit, so I will give you half-credit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Revoticus

Revoticus Big Combaticon fan

Uhm, spoilers?

I don't think Hot Rod deserves the death sentence and I don't even think the 80's Autobot would even do that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Phantformer5533

Phantformer5533 Member

I laughed with my uncle on that moment when we watched in the cinema "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen". Seems like a lot of people were disappointed with that stuff...

11. TheUltimateBum

Wit is not just the capacity to come up with inventive things. Wit is also defined as "a natural aptitude for using words and ideas in a quick and inventive way to create humour." That is also something what Galvatron did well.

12. Sauce Guy

Sauce Guy Well-Known Member

Why are the main seekers (Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker) usually recolors of one another in non-G1 stuff?

13. Max Rawhide

Because it was the case in G1 and if it was so in G1, then it must be so everywhere.

(Damn, I wish I could use blue text for this...)

On the plus side, I do think it had a certain appeal: a set of three similar jets. It enforces the idea of a Decepticons airforce.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    Nostalgia.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sauce Guy

Sauce Guy Well-Known Member

Would be nice to have at least a few things to tell them apart aside from colors tho, like different wings and helmet shapes. Straight recolors seems like an awfully archaic design choice in modern media.

16. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    Why didn't the military also uses the same railgun that knocked down Devastator and attempted to use it to shoot The Fallen during the climax of the ROTF movie? With that same railgun was shown to pack quite a punch, it probably could've been more useful than just knocks Devastator down from the pyramids?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  17. Max Rawhide

Ah, but if they have different wings then they won't be the same jets anymore. And in real life an air squadron usually consists of several jets from the same type. (Even if you have a mixed fleet with jets protecting bombers, there are bombers of one type and jets of another.)

I do think they should limit it. I like the number of three, thus each jet type should be released in threes: three similar jets forming a team. And then have several different sets. Thus not all seekers from the same mould, but a maximum of three, then three others from another mould, etc... For example: F-15 (Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker), something like the Dassault Rafaele for the Coneheads, perhaps the F22 for the Rainmakers...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  18. AStreetcarNamedWheeljack

AStreetcarNamedWheeljack Well-Known Member

How did Cybertron obtain the resources necessary for space travel? You can't just make interstellar technology out of assorted metals and minerals, right?

19. Primeultra

Can you be more specific

20. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    If famous TF voice actors started their own V-Tuber channels (Like if Mr. Gary Chalk uses an Optimus primal virtual avatar to become a V-tuber), would you want to subscribe to them? (Sort-of like Hololive, but replaces the anime girls with Transformers characters instead)

How would Optimus Prime's singing voice sound like?