Dumb transformers questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mn_128875, Nov 19, 2020.

1. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Also true, but I think that it being in the movie would give it more gravitas, you know?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

I can see that
    Maybe a speech at the hall of heroes

3. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Putting the ‘Bi’ in Bionicle.

News Credits:
    See I’m the opposite, I HATED season 3 Galvatron’s CooCoo for CoCo Puffs personality. G1 Megatron was always a rather pathetic antagonist (as was common for villains in 80’s cartoons) so I wished they leaned more into making Galvatron a genuine threat, the dude killed Starscream and seized control of the Decepticons, and would have killed Rodimus if not for the Power of Plot Armor. Season 3 Galvatron was somehow even LESS competent than Megatron ever was.

• Like Like x 3
  4. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

I honestly preferred the unpredictability of season three Galvy, whereas in the 86 movie, he is just a total jobber (after killing Screamer, he just lets his cronies fire at the 'bots and he stands around being Unicron's whipping boy, not a good introduction).

5. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Beats being so dumb as to trust the Quints, only to be stabbed in the back, several times. Season 3 Galvs was a bloody idiot!

• Like Like x 1
  6. SuperSunnyDee

SuperSunnyDee Sense is like cheesecake.

Why don’t the Autobots drop the automobile schtick and just reformat into tanks and jets when their cover on earth is blown?

7. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's the in-universe point of the Clones? Like, their out-of-universe gimmick is obvious, it's cool to have 2 near-identical robots turn into 2 very different alt modes, but how exactly does that benefit them as soldiers? Sending the ground one for a mission that would require flight is a dumb idea, and sending the flying one on a mission nominally for a ground-based troop is a waste or resources (Especially for the Autobots, where flyers aren't exactly the most prevalent), as well as easily countered. What espionage advantage do you get from having two of the same dude visually when the enemy knows that there are two dudes in your ranks who look identical?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

I just don't see it. For some reason Galvatron just never clicked with me the way that Megatron does. Granted, toon Megs was pretty goofy, I still liked his look and attitude better. I do agree that once Welker took the character it got better. I love Nimoy but it's hard to beat Frank Welker.

9. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Due to his depiction in both Marvel and Sunbow, I have a hard time accepting Galvatron as Decepticon leader.

In Marvel he's too much of a loner and at the same so incredibly powerfull that he doesn't really need anyone. And in Sunbow he's that batshit crazy that he's an ineffective leader.

To me a better idea is to have Cyclonus become Decepticon leader (facing Rodimus Prime), while Ultra Magnus and Sky Lynx hunt for Galvatron to stop his lunacy from hurting anyone.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TheUltimateBum

Quints are deceptive and Galvy never fully trusted them. He just gave them the benefit of the doubt like two or three times (if you count the Terrorcons), but in all the other episodes, he is pretty much against them. Besides, Galvy was quite unpredictable. He could be fine one second, but the next, he would be pretty much throwing a temper tantrum. But he still was a deadly adversary. In fact, he destroyed the planet of Goo, he could concoct plans that could actually demoralize Autobots (The Ultimate Weapon), he could take down a giant bot (Omega Supreme in Big Broadcast of 2006) and he actually destroyed the memory core of Torkulon risking melting his own circuits, but coming out of there without any damage.

Megs was a worse idiot than Galvy.

I just preferred him over Megs because the lunacy actually added a lot more unpredictability to the character and really made him a much more crafty foe. Heck, surprisingly enough, Megs sabotaged his own plans quite a few times when it came to listening to advice from others (Masquerade and Dinobot Island). Galvy didn't. He didn't take advice, but his plans were actually more successful than Megs' plans.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

I like this. It still involves Galvatron, even if I prefer Megatron, but makes more sense and would be a fun way to use his madness.

[
    I get that, I really do, but to me the character just didn't entertain me as much. I liked that Megatron occasionally pulled a win out of thin air but was just too dumb to hold onto it. I wish the tone of later seasons had been there earlier because I think Megatron would have been written better. And honestly I do like Galvatron in the comics more but probably because Megatron still exists in some fashion in that universe.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TheUltimateBum

I see. Yeah, the whole time-travelling aspect in the UK stuff and the alternate reality in the US.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Galvatron was many things, but crafty he was not.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TheUltimateBum

The takeover of the Plasma Energy Chamber as well as his "Ultimate Weapon" scheme say otherwise, as well as his constant scheming during the Hate Plague incident.

15. Primeultra

The takeover of the Plasma Energy Chamber was , in my opinion, in part the result of the healing effects of the matrix ...... I feel it not only cured the madness plague but also helped to heal (at least partially) the madness caused by the plasma baths from 5FoD .......also pretty much handed to him be vector sigma who actively wanted the End result we got so it seemed to line up all the events to happen just the way they did

his "Ultimate Weapon" scheme was Absolutely ******ed.......There is absolutely no logical reason anyone should have fallen for that not to mention any leader of the autobots

his constant scheming during the Hate Plague incident also doesn’t speak very well for him since he only posted to save himself.......So what was he going to do after that?

All of Known space was already effected, and infected Transformers Certainly would have pursued him if he tried to travel other regions of space Resulting in infecting any life/planets Galvatron would try to conquer there

• Like Like x 2
  16. TheUltimateBum

It still managed to instill uncertainty, though. I feel like that was the whole point. It backfired tremendously in the end, but it shows that he could concoct plans despite his insanity. Not always the best of plans, but they were plans nevertheless.

17. Primeultra

And my point it was just completely stupid, juvenile, the kind of plan that only works on An elementary school play yard

It was lazy writing
    It was a stupid idea and because of that it really didn’t do anything positive for how Galvatron can be judged

This is no different from galvatron as how Rodimus behaved about blowing up paradon

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheUltimateBum

That is just your opinion. I personally felt it was a good idea that really added to a rather fun episode.

19. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Waving the Tv remote around and calling it a doomsday device hardly screams crafty to me (more like desperate, the Decepticons really took a nosedive in season 3) I dunno who was the bigger idiot: Galvatron for thinking such a stupid plan would work, or Rodminus for being so gullible as to fall for it (until the last second).

How was taking the PEC crafty? Doesn’t crafty imply sly wit and coming up with the unorthodox? When did Galvatron ever display any sort of cunning? His ‘plans’ usually just boiled down to chucking a few Sweeps at Rodimus and co. or working with the Quints.

I’m not trying to sh*t all over a character you like, I’m just trying to understand your point of view.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Primeultra

I don’t deny it was a fun episode, as 80s cartoons went, but season 3 seemed to be trying to tell more mature stories.....and this was far from that

someone should have smacked Rodimus in the back of his head for falling for such a trick

• Like Like x 1