Duck Tales (2017 Reboot)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Zathras, Feb 25, 2015.

1. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Agreed. I'll only accept not having the rights as an excuse to not use it and even if they don't have the rights, they're Disney. Get the rights.

I'm hoping that when he first shows up in Ducktales (unless it's as Drake), he's introduced coming out of the shadows or from his signature smokescreen with some form of his theme song playing. It's one of those obvious things that writes itself.

And although the theme song is important, my main concern is casting Jim Cummings.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Well many of the original Ducktales voice actors were a bit on the older side. . Some had even retired. I think Launch Pad's original actor only does one project a year and usually only video game work.

Alan Young [Scrooge] passed away last year

June Foray [Magica/Ma Beagle] passed away this year

So if they have to recast some voice actors they might as well do most of them

Jim Cummings is only in his 60's though and can still easily do the voice and is still voice acting regularly..for Disney.

Many of his villains still voice act regularly.

Sadly Gosalyn's voice actress passed away.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I'm aware of the actors who obviously can't return. I also remember McGovern being interested, but got a call from them just to tell him they don't want him. With reboots, not contacting the original actors for auditions kind of irritates me. It's one thing if the actors turn it down or someone beat them in an audition. They have to know that if they don't try to get the original voices if possible, fans of the original aren't going to take it well.

I don't know how far ahead they planned to have Darkwing in the series, but it feels like an insult if they don't try to get Cummings. There will also be a bit of disappointment that if they do, he won't be acting alongside McGovern. Unless they want to surprise me and cast him specifically for a Darkwing show. Though that would require it to be separate from Ducktales and I doubt they want to do that.

4. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    heres a twisted though folks

what if in the reboot series the beagle boys somehow gain the ability to literally smell out wealth?

by that I mean they would somehow gain the ability to go all blood hound like in using their sense of smell to literally find newly discovered financial wealth over time mining wise? (they could literally smell gold diamonds, anything of high financial worth as deep buried treasure goes in that regard) and scrooge being fearful of the beagle boy gaining the advantage over him in this regard were to go so far as to actually hire them to work for him alone

how might that go over with the fans storyline wise?

the basic idea being that scrooge would receive as much as 95 percent of any new wealth the beagle boys would find day by day with the beagles recievign 5 percent of the full worth of whatever it was they sniffed out mining wise /buried treasure wise.

but at the same time scrooge would be helping them to properly invest the beagles newly gained money in stocks and bonds and all that stuff to help the beagels build up their own fortune by HONEST MEANS with stock market cash payouts paying off big time in both the short and especially the long term interest wise.

the only possible deal breaker to this matter being that the beagles must be willing to totally reform along the way and become respectable law abiding citizens for the matter

scrooge in his way attempting to provide the beagles with a better way of life over time

naturally this results in a internal family conflict in the beagle family in that some of them are willing to reform to live a better life money wise and some aren't willing to turn their backs on family tradition and identity and some from either side are even genuinely willing to personally befriend scrooge along the way or otherwise respect him for his efforts to reform certain members of the beagle family while attempting to provide the younger beagle relatives with a better life over time though also being conflicted in how it has strained family relations in the beagle family over time

5. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    So according to my Disney XD schedule it airs at midnight.....and all day tomorrow....
    (What were they jealous of the Rick and Morty stunt?) [Just like it the show will the be off air for a month after the premiere}

Yep confirmed

So premiere in under 30 minutes.....

Whooo Hooo!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  7. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Fun pilot
    So the nephew's Mom (Della Duck) apparently went on adventures with Scrooge too...Wonder what happened to the Mom... something clearly happened... since it shows Donald raising them from a very young age and being stupidly over protective ...Water boy heh

What happened to Della and her husband is a mystery even in the comics, and I don't believe it was ever answered. Robot chicken even did a bit on it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now we have to wait till the end of September for new episodes.......

So we can all obsess over the notes on Webby's board (It was in the commercials not spoiling anything)
    [​IMG]

Okay so there is a traitor, Gladstone is pictured in the right corner, Darkwing's old foes F.O.W.L are mentioned..which could mean an appearance by Steelbeak. But it's in connection with a character named Dirty Dingus....Scrooge has a Grandfather Dirty Dingus.... oe by the line is he Scrooge's Worst Nighmare? Scotty McDuck and an Alternate time line? ...Scrooge's Father was nicknamed "Old Scotty" Both Scrooge's sisters, and Donalds father are mentioned...
    Apparently the Beagle boys are associated with Beagleburg now. Skypirates are mentioned...hmm...TailSpin?..Don Karnage? This board will probably have fans speculating for awhile as each episode reveals more added to it.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have started to watch a little but it's kind of not my taste. Which is was for me cause i have the complete series on dvd. The way it's animated just something feels off of the show.

9. grimlock_king25

grimlock_king25 Hail to the king, baby

Twitter:
    That was great. Can't wait for September because this show is going to be fun.
    Actually a quarter of the episodes of the original series have not yet been released on DVD. I'm not sure they ever will. For some reason Disney has a habit of not finishing releasing their shows on DVD. If at all.

10. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  11. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:

you see, this be why I record my favorite shows as they air/reiar in reruns at the time while they still be on sat tv where I live here in nw ohio state

in the case of classic ducktales it payed off BIG TIME missing episode wise lol

12. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    I dunno about this one. David Tennant as Scrooge, something is just off about it. The performance isn't bad at all it's just I think how deep his voice is. One thing I flat out don't like is the new version of the intro. Just lacks that catchiness the original had.

I swear that sounded like Russi Taylor voicing the babysitter.

13. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I'm guessing she probably vanished during an adventure. I wouldn't be surprised if trying to find her becomes a later story arc later.

Kind of shocked you didn't mention F.O.W.L. We know Darkwing Duck is showing up, but F.O.W.L. is a pretty big deal.

Some other weird things.
    "Nether World War II"
    A paper from the Senior Woodchuck Council.
    That picture of Scrooge is specifically Scrooge from Mickey's Christmas Carol.

14. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    its all rushing back people give it time but we gonna be seeing the entire Disney animated universe from back in the day come back creeping on us in style big time

ducktales
    chip and dales rescue rangers
    tail spin
    darkwing duck
    goof troop
    bonkers

any other shows set in the original Disney animated universe from back in the day?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I just watched the first episode and they namedrop most of the Disney Afternoon locations.
    St. Canard
    Spoonerville
    Cape Suzette

16. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    I get the refferance to dark wing duck with f.o.w.l. but what is nether world war 2 about?

17. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    No idea. Probably a tease for something later in the series.

18. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone catch the part where they were talking about Cape Suzette!

What is that?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    I did its under the second spoiler.

20. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

It was nice to hear all of these locations mentioned. I wonder if we'll see a future episode where Mickey, Donald and Goofy get together to participate in another wacky adventure similar to how they were always off doing stuff together in the comics and original shorts.

Now the question is, do the characters and adventures of Cape Suzette take place in a different era, or are they planning on modernizing it to fit in more with the times?