"Dual attempts on Megatron's life?"-Nemesis Prime spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Kostya, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    The quote for the title is part of the description for episode 10 of this season, Armada:

Anyway this makes it sound Bulkhead is not one of the two parties trying to kill Megatron. The only other people that might want him dead are Starscream and Airachnid and only one of them can make it to the Nemesis at this point. I was puzzled by this until the ending of Nemesis Prime.

If Silas impersonates Breakdown then perhaps he can get aboard the Nemesis and try to kill Megatron. Thoughts?

2. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well it's either Airachnid, Starscream, or Silas.

If Nemesis Prime is one of the culprits I'll be surprised.

3. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I follow the logic, except as of right now, Silas has no *reason* to do that.

4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't know why Silas would try it. Does he even know Megatron exists? Attacking Megatron will get the full Decepticon army after MECH. Hopefully Silas knows they can't hope to win there.

5. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    He knows of a being named Megatron who commands Breakdown. BD mentioned him in the episode where they captured him.

To be honest that's the one flaw. They don't really seem to have a reason, beyond removing competition that is, and it would just seem like a stupid thing to do for kicks. Unfortunately I can't think of who the second faction would be unless team Prime really does try to kill him and Bulkhead gets stuck on the Nemesis because the plan failed.

6. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    I think it'd be way too early for Silas to come back. IMHO he'll get his badass return in the second half of the season. And like others have already stated, Silas doesn't even know Megs.

It's safe to assume that Airachnid will make her move. Maybe the other attacker (if there is one) is the government? We know in episode 9 Fowler will be telling some big guys form the army that the Decepticons are horrible, terrible, very bad and no good and in 'Flying Mind' the 'Cons will try to attack humans. Kinda fits.

7. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Maybe one of the attempts is made by a new Autobot?

8. FanimusMaximus

News Credits:
    I'll sooner believe Michael Bay watched the G1 Cartoon for research for the Movies then a new Autobot coming to the show.

9. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

And Silas mentions Megatron when the Autobots were talking to him through Breakdown's eye. So yeah, Silas at least knows of his existence. I'm not real sure it would be a real good idea for Silas to mess with Megatron. /shivers. I think Silas would definitely meet his equal in Megatron. Both are bent on some sort of world domination and are pretty darn ruthless to boot.

10. TK458

TK458 Assassino!

..... well they DO have new voice actors. They have to play someone

11. FanimusMaximus

News Credits:
    All they'll play is vehicons. Wait and see.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Silas doesn't even know Megatron, he only recently learned of his name via Starscream in Operation Bumblebee.

Though I guess it wouldn't be too strange for Silas to try, as the Autobots and the Decepticons do stand in MECH's way for their new world order.

13. TK458

TK458 Assassino!

James Remar, the voice actor of DOTM Sideswipe, and David Kaye, an austere Transformers voice actor, AS VEHICONS?!

..... really doubt it.

14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    They're not going to waste money on hiring actors just for them to be vehicons when they can simply have guys that are already on hand like Blum, Keaton, and Richardson just throw in a line or two based on whoever wins the coin flip.

15. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    I think it will be Starscream and Airachnid.

The whole "Silas in Breakdown's body" thing will probably take up an entire episode.

16. TK458

TK458 Assassino!

Exactly so... New Bots anyone??

17. Quirriff

Quirriff Well-Known Member

You don't think Michael Bay watched the Ulimate Doom and Atlantis Arise when plager....making for DOTM.

18. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

He learned of Megatron's existence in Operation: Breakdown if I remember correctly.

19. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    He wouldn't have. Bay doesn't write the script, Ehren Kruger did. So, he probably would have watched or remembered those episodes.

Anyways, it would be cool if the second assassination attempt was an Autobot strike team, led by Springer or something.

20. badbotsarehot

badbotsarehot Aerialbot/Seeker

oh, i'm pretty sure he does. as mentioned, Breakdown talked about him (albeit briefly) in Operation Breakdown. and apparently Starscream mentioned him in Operation Bumblebee. in any case, i feel he's studied the Autobots and Decepticons enough to know of Megatron's existence, whether or not he's actually seen him. i would have a hard time believing that he didn't know who he was.

back on topic... :eek: 

Airachnid, yes most likely. Starscream? not so sure. he's been rogue now for a while, and didn't reappear at all until Orion Pax Part 1. since then, he's made no indication of a revenge plot against Megatron. he's just been scrounging for energon (which yes includes that one trip aboard the Nemesis. he was just stealing energon).
    ah wait, ok there was that ONE plot with Airachnid and her insecticon, but i feel he only suggested it because they were going to do it together. maybe he's not ready for one-on-one confrontation yet. and i highly doubt that partnership's not going to happen again.
    i mean, i'm not saying it's impossible. sure Starscream wants Megatron dead. i'm just a bit skeptical, that's all.

also, i'm expecting/hoping for a bit of a surprise here. maybe it will be Silas after all (though doubtful, given his condition.) maybe Wheeljack will try something. maybe Knockout will be overcome with anger and sadness for his poor Breakdown. :p  or maybe it's a damn false description and we're all being cleverly mislead. :sly2:  who knooooows