Drop Wisdom Thread--Non Transformers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drangleic, Nov 6, 2017.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    'Real living is living for others.'

'A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.'

'Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning.'

'Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.'

'A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.'

'A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.'

'If you want to learn to swim jump into the water. On dry land no frame of mind is ever going to help you.'

'If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done. Make at least one definite move daily toward your goal.'

'After all, all knowledge simply means self-knowledge.'

'Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.'

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    "An easy adversary is a stupid person, a dangerous one is the intelligent man."

3. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Beware not the liar who wants you to believe his lies, beware the liar who believes his own lies.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Yeah, you should totally let someone being married stop you. If you truly respect someone, you respect their relationship. If someone comes to you with problems of their relationship you help them as a friend, if they want to be more then that then you need to let them know you won’t be with them unless their single.

The worst people in the world are cheaters. Nobody who truly loves somebody cheats on them, and nobody who truly respects someone allows them to cheat with you. No matter what anyone ever says that will always be true. There is no excuse, no matter what, It’s wrong. There is no justification for hurting other people that way. If they are a bad partner it’s entirely on you for not ending the relationship before engaging with another.

• Like Like x 3
  5. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Professional Cat Herder & Ancient Alien Theorist.

Ebay:
    "If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. But if you spew and she bolts, then it was never meant to be."

-Marital wisdom from Wayne Campbell

• Like Like x 1
  6. Latooni

Latooni Terrorsaur enjoyer

Oooo! Thought of another one:

"It's not always what you say, but how you say it."

This bit of wisdom is about expressing one's opinion. It can make all the difference between a simple, respectful disagreement, one expected of an adult... Or coming across as a rude, selfish, childish nuisance.
    Which is tiresome to see time and time again, in a fandom supposedly made of mostly older folk...

7. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    If you love someone you don’t hurt them that way. It just shows that you value your own feelings more then the feelings and the relationship of the person your with. Nobody who truly loves someone fucks someone else. It just makes you a decietful, disloyal, and selfish asshole. Life is unfair and confusing to everyone, but it’s up to you to do what you feel is right throughout it. No relationship is perfect, but there is no justification for cheating.

8. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    learn the difference between apologizing to clear your own conscious and apologizing because you legitimately realize what you did was wrong or hurt someone

you're not owed the right to anybody's affection

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    Believe that all you want, there are people out there who would never cheat on anyone and I’m one of them. I don’t care if someone’s begging me for it. I’m loyal to people I love. I’ve experienced my fair share of pain in my life and one of the worst things I fear is the pain of being cheated on by someone who I love, and I could never bring myself to enact that pain on someone else. Not because I try to be better then that, but because I care about the people close to me
    and how they feel as much as I do myself.

10. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

My GF is not an item requiring purchase, is in fact a legal citizen of the U.S. (though she's been living in Guatemala for a while bc her family dragged her there) and unmarried, but thanks.

But I guess it HAS been difficult pulling strings and putting irons in the fire to get her back over here safely and away from her evil psycho parents with no money at my disposal, so, like, that keeps with the general theme of your whole "nothing worth the effort is easy" theme.

• Like Like x 1
  11. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

I am!!! She's coming to live w/ me in january and we're both super duper excited, but nervous about something potentially going wrong in the process (her parents are literally, like, deranged and unpredictable, and all of this feels sort of like a scene in a movie where people are trying to make it across thin ice over deep water).

8ut!!!!!!!! Mostly we're excited. I've got a gift picked out for her, and so does my best friend, and we're doing our best to pave the way for things to run smoothly, and I can't w8 to see her! She told me to wear flats so she can reach high enough to kiss me when we meet.

• Like Like x 2
  12. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't waste your time and money trying to impress other people...impress yourself instead...the rest will follow. And if they don't, who cares!

Don't do anything you KNOW you will regret later.

Don't drag yourself down about things you can't change. It is pointless and fruitless.

• Like Like x 2
  13. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

"Don't expect the expected.Expect the unexpected." -Awesomepow

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If you expect the unexpected, doesn't it become the expected?

A good piece of wisdom that came up in another thread (and is sort of related to the post above) is to not underestimate how much there is you do not know. You can read up on a subject or skill, even take courses on it or practice it for years, and still not realize just how much there is that you still need to learn, and just how much work and learning the 'masters' in that field have put into it. The body of knowledge, even for a very specific thing, can be absolutely huge, and far more complicated than it appears for even an initiated novice. It's a very humbling realization.

• Like Like x 4
  15. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Professional Cat Herder & Ancient Alien Theorist.

Ebay:
    Never bet against UCF. Because when you do, they finish undefeated, beat the team that defeated the two teams playing in the SEC CG II, and end up winning a share of the National Title.

-Sean Lockyer

16. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Not yet though.

17. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

"Look both ways before crossing a street."

This is not a joke post. Too many times I see people just walk all "herp-dad-derp" right into a street, OR they don't look up from their damn cell phones. It is WISE to be aware of your surroundings, especially when you decide to cross a path designed for fast moving machinery which cannot stop instantly and can KILL YOU if you get in its path.

:sly: 

18. Mortilus Prime

Mortilus Prime The 14th Prime

Hesitation means no.

Follow your highest excitement.

When you can't decide on something, flip a coin. The outcome doesn't matter, but hopefully you'll want one outcome more than the other, and your decision will be made.(poorly explained, search sigmeund freud and coins flipping on the internet for a better idea)

BTW, anyone know where that is from?( first 2)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    While it's true that you don't get to pick your family that doesn't mean you have to put up with them. It's perfectly acceptable to remove them from your life if they become a cancer.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

The moment you let your emotions control your actions over logical thinking is the moment you lose the battle.

EDIT: Also in light of recent "events": Don't make stupid people famous.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1