Drift not the helicopter?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sideways77, Jun 2, 2014.

1. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Magnahide

Magnahide Maximal Commander

I can definitely see that happening. It's possible that Drift did defect and was acting as a double agent until Bludgeon discovered him, and then kidnapped him or hired Lockdown to do it for him. Then Bludgeon would be able to get important intelligence from the unsuspecting Autobots.

I could see Drift being held captive on Lockdown's ship and is discovered by Optimus while he's also kidnapped, which would then leave the Autobots alone with the impostor.

3. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Oh good, because it looks like Stanley Tucci is going to be a great character.
    Do you know what crime show that actually was?

4. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was the early concept of Drift that I seen many months back. And once the clapper boards popped up, I mistakenly thought the lockdown clapper was the Samurai TF I had saw in this concept. I even had Tuna (red goblin) add the Bugatti lights on his rendition of the clapper pic because you can see in this concept that he did always have the lights on his chest. But I thought the lockdown clapper pic was a maskless Samurai and the Con under this mask. I even argued with a few people about the face on the lockdown clapper, and thought it had the chin beard like Drift has. Turns out I was wrong about the clapper being this character but this is why I thought it was the Bugatti, and this is why I thought the Bugatti was primarily black at first. This is why I hinted at a Samurai character in the movie but had no idea at his name.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=27442893&stc=1&d=1401763493

Attached Files:

5. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Since the Wreckers built the ship they faked their deaths on, there is nothing saying they didn't build another ship. They also have their travel pod forms. So, it's very possible some escaped or left out of anger at the ungrateful fleshies.

6. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Nope, not one bit. I don't think he will, but I'll still be Team Drift in the miniscule chance that he does.

7. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Except that was actually a mistake, and in every other media he was called Brawl.

Scorponok actually showed up for both TF07 and ROTF.

8. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

And bay stated that he preferred the name devastator. Even if it ended up to be brawl.
    And movieverse scorponok is no where near the con leader he mostly is in comics or cartoons. They could always use his characterization with another name.
    Bludgeon would also be excellent for a con behind the scenes

9. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the xanthium was the ship that they arrived to earth on.. they didn't build it.. it was under nasa's care so that they could study it.. and they linked it with a decommissioned shuttle to "maintain military control".. also, they said that they "designed the damn thing". they never said anything about building it.

10. sawwheeler

sawwheeler Gundam Meister

Honestly, I'm more interesting in seeing Stinger than Drift, However, I'm hoping Drift just stays a Bugatti.

11. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    I don't really know where people are getting Drift being a helichopper from? Was it on a toy?

12. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That boat that was in ROTF looked like a scout toy but wasn't ever seen transforming in the movie.

Yes it is a voyager figure.

13. Driskull98

Driskull98 Evil is as evil do.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    What Bay prefers =/= what is official.

It's Brawl. Not Devastator.

Too bad, they're not going to.

14. starscream 55

starscream 55 Well-Known Member

Personally, I think he'll be a Helicopter at the beginning and his debut will be ambushing Prime, getting shot down, talking to Prime, and then inevitably re-scanning the Bugatti and driving with Prime. Seeing as he rides Slug and you see them taming Grimlock they may be off to get some "help", and seeing as Drift is old and ancient then he may tell Prime of the Dinobots (it's an option).

15. solusprime19

solusprime19 Disney, Dat knee

I'm thinking vice-versa

16. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

And the prize for inventing the wheel goes to....

17. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

I honestly hope drift stays a bot myself think he is an awesome design and very interesting character wise.......but if he is actually a con in disguise then i hope its as bludgeon and its to take his ship back from lockdown but needs the help of the autobots to do it, then embarks on the crazy elimination of the human race!!