Dreamwave 6 part comic good base for the Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by optimus1, Apr 7, 2006.

1. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

I'm reading the 6 part Dreamwave comic and i thought what a good basis for the movie
    It starts off in the Jungle in Sth America 2 troops on nightwatch only to be killed off by a Transformer which looks like Megatron
    Then spike is confronted by the DWT-Developing war technology
    Hound is used as protection( robots in disguise)

They show Megatron can be controlled by a chip but unknown to them he overrides it
    Optimus prime is awoken and Megatron is been sold off to the highest bidder .
    Optimus activates other Autobots by using the Matrix

and it end with a massive blast Megatron looks as though to have escaped and Grimlock doesn't go back to the Autobots and the last words areThat things will never be the same with Jazz holding wheeljack.

I know we cant have all the TRANSFORMERS IN THIS SIXPART USED but i beleive it makes a base for a good 1st film as it has Military a disaster( the Ark 2 disaster) Humans wanting all transformers off the planet
    Big robots fighting and the human element
    What else do we need
    Comments anyone ???

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing that Pat Lee had a hand in should in any way be used for the movie.

3. optimus1

Pat lee was just a money grabbing non paying staff artist im talking story but you have a valid point

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone know what the DW writers' plans were for TFs? I found the story well written especially with SunStorm etc. I wanted to know about the Robotic core on earth...can anyone help me?

5. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I thought all the stories that Dreamwave put out were crap too be honest. I only bought it because of the Transformers name, and the artwork, which is pretty tragic when you think about it. I don't quite know where it went wrong (maybe the stories tried too hard? Trying too hard to shoehorn in x-files etc?) I dunno.

The thing is, I was about to get all the Transformers titles excised from my pull list (I was most dissapointed with the Micromasters Series) when Dreamwave went down and TF comics stopped. And so far, I'm not totally happy with the new series. Is it even monthly?

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    The stories written by Brad Mick & Adam Patyk were very good. However, the original 6 issue series written by Chris Sarracini was less than worthless. Superion headbutting a nuke? Absolute codswallop.
    Plus, as has been said before in this thread, Pat Lee is a moneygrabbing turd who never paid the people who made his name in this fandom. The mere thought of anything he had something to do with being used for anything, ever again, is repellent in the extreme. Scumbag.
    Also, a first movie in what seems to be a planned series of films should be an origin movie, not jumping in so far into an established world. Look at the Marvel films, for example.

7. optimus1

i agree thr superion bit was terrible i just finished it
    i found the rest of the story not to bad it has a interesting base line that could be worked off and improved

8. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's what I meant...the stories after the first 6 issues were very entertaining. E.g. how Shockwave took control of Cyberton etc.

What I wanted to know is what Brad Mick and Co. were planning...I want to know their plans such as a robotic core found in the middle of the earth etc.

I'm not too interested in this current series...the pacing is wayyyy to slowww for my liking! :) 

9. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    The first Dreamwave mini was terrible. Trash. I'd be sorely dissappointed if it were used as the basis for the movie.

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    The only thing I would want to see from the comic is the scene in the jungle where Megatron reaches out from the bushes and crushes the soldier like a ripe tomato. Goodness.

11. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    the basic idea of the plot of the first mini was decent ~ a human controlling inanimate TFs and useing them as WMDs.

problem, was as soon as everyone woke up and it turned into a story as lame as something off the cartoon... and Supes headbutting a nuke. come on.

v2 had an 'OK' story, but felt a little to homagey to the movie and repeated classic scenes a little too much.

V3/ongoing was pure gold. (ok, maybe they drug the sunstorm arc out an Issue more than necessary, but it was still good) Brawn and Ratchet -vs- the Combaticons? Starscream daydreaming his kingly self? Sunstreaker getting more characterization in one exchange with Sideswipe than he did in the past 20 years? great stuff.

12. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    What can I say? I enjoyed the DW scripts and using them as a guide for the movie is a good idea, especially the first part. :thumbs2: 

13. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I would agree, though, that the basic *approach* that the first DW mini took to the concept is a good basis for the movie - opening with humans primarilly, teasing with the Transformers before the big money shot, then sidelining the humans in favour of the robot action, but allowing them to carry out important action in a B-plot that dovetails with the robots' A-plot.

14. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I agree that the story of Volume 1 wouldn't be a good choice for the movie. It's really not a good place to introduce people who know nothing of Transformers to the characters (it takes place almost 20 years after they were reactivated). That, and the story does actually devolve with Megatron's fiendish, 80s cartoon villain scheme.

But I agree with Chris McFeely. Starting with the humans and building up to the Transformers would make their full appearance much cooler than seeing them immediately at the beginning.

No one knows. McDonough and Patyk were at a few conventions after Dreamwave went under. People asked them about where the story would have gone, but they wouldn't say since they were waiting to get hired by the next license holder so they could tell the rest of the story.

15. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel like it should start with a huge battle scene on Cybertron, that ends with the 'bots and 'cons fleeing, and crashing on Earth, then transitioning to the human element and ending with a huge battle. Check out "Fellowship of The Ring" from the LOTR series. The way they started that with the huge prologue battle, and THEN started the characterization, and built to the battle at the end was great. It gets you pumped up for the rest of the movie, and gives you a nice adrenaline "push" to get through the slower beginning parts.

16. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Thanks for answering my question! the reason i was curious is because like artiepants mentioned v3 of DW's series was really well written IMO. The stories with Starscream vs Sunstorm etc were really well done.

Sad to hear that Brad Mick and co. are still unemployed with regards to a TF series because I would love to see their ideas get translated on to the comics.

17. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I thought all 3 volumes were great. I thought the art got better after Vol 3 started and Pat Lee wasn't working on it anymore. I always thought Vol. 1 would've been great for a movie too. I guess I'm in the minority of people who liked it though.

18. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

Vol 1 was fun. But it had been so long since there had been new stories that I think I would have read anything and liked it.
    After I read Vol 2 I was thinking "now this is what I want out of Transformers' Vol 3 was even better. Too me Vol2-3 plus the extra info given in MTMTE (Issue 8 mostly) was the perfect Transformer universe for me. IT was everything I ever wanted. The 1st time that I could not think of anything better to do with the Transformers. But it's all opinion. What I like about Transformers may not be what you like. But I was so sad to see the DW comics end. Just glad that with WWI and micro masters we got 41 issues of story which is not a bad run. Just wish they could have started with Vol 2.

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What have the TFs in really awkward poses and not pay the actors or Special effects guys? Brilliant!