Dream Star Toys Superion

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    It's interesting, but there are significant problems which make this a never purchase. The head is totally wrong, if you're going to get the head wrong really don't bother. Our fandom is past that at this point, no settling. We aren't looking for more people like Michael Bay who don't care at all about what we care about. If it's Slingshot, make it Slingshot. This is just Harrier guy.

Second issue is the panel joints on the wings. When are these companies going to realize this looks much better with the realism when they aren't differently colored from the rest of the wing? This is a huge complaint for me with TFC and even Hasbro on some MP seekers, and you see it again here. It's dumb and shows no planning ability no understanding of the point of realistic vehicle modes.

As some have noted, it doesn't appear the nosecone sits at the proper angle either. Pretty underwhelming show here!

2. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

You cant tell me this figure wouldnt look cool in black and red or blue and gold. I mean seriously, the only thing Slingshot about this is the colors.

3. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Sure it’d be cool, but I don’t think as many people would be interested enough to buy it without the Transformers tie-in.

4. RebelM

RebelM Well-Known Member

The sad thing is, this head paint not being included is all that's stopping this being an instant purchase for me.

I'm clearly in the Geewun camp, but even if you're not going to be slavish to the original character deco, at least make the head colour not camouflage/ blend into the back kibble.

I have Giga dinos and Cang predacons which have opened my collection to this cool modern stylisation of these bots, but make them recognisable to their origins please!

• Like Like x 1
  5. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    What worries me the most is that now the companies use the diecast gimmick to attract the collectors who like it and the simpletons who think it's a premium material at the cost of weight related issues.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I would admittedly prefer the orange head and white fuselage paint, but I'm a visual person and a G1 fan so color matters to me. Otherwise, the stylistic liberties they've taken with the design are really appealing to my eye. I honestly doubt what we're seeing is finalized with regards to paint, though, so I'm not concerned. I don't mind customizing my figures with a bit of paint anyway, so if the orange head/face doesn't happen, I'll just do it myself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Yeah, it's interesting that Zeta has started making their combiner limbs (particularly the arms) lighter for that very reason. Their Aerialbots feel like bird skeletons. Die cast doesn't automatically make a figure better, though if put in the right places in the right amounts, can considerably improve the feel and stability of non-combining figures. I have no intention of combining these figures even if I buy all five, so it's not a particular concern of mine.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sovietbot

Sovietbot Autobot from USSR

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 3
  9. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    That is why their robots are heavily stilized, not just only to make them look extremely cool, but also to avoid the wrath of Hasbro.

"MP grade" stilized bots for the win :cool: 

• Like Like x 2
  10. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

maybe it'll be more Gundam metal build, less fanstoys in its application. nobody knows until it shows up.

• Like Like x 2
  11. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH you really think our fandom has the collective brain cell to move past anything??? Also this is far more IDW or Bumblebee movie to Bayverse, and people who aren't you are allowed to like things you don't.

• Like Like x 9
  12. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

I guess I just cant see 3rd parties the same as I did 10 years ago. Back when Fansproject did this type of stuff, it was cool because Hasbro wasnt doing it. Now that Hasbro does everybody, those overpriced stand in figures have become pointless to me. Keep in mind, I collect CHUG scale, not MP. But all MP collectors have to do is be patient and offical stuff will come.

13. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last I check official stuff isn't doing stuff like these guys.

Or a lot of the options 3rd Party gives people who want MP's of stuff other than G1 toon MPs.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Eater of Garbage

lol sorry guys but as a massive aerialbot fan this figure is fucking awesome and i'll be getting the whole team if reviews of him say he doesn't fall apart

• Like Like x 3
  15. D0nut

D0nut Well-Known Member

I don't know the first thing about Slingshot other than he's an Aerialbot and forms a part of Superion. I'm super on board with Harrier Guy though

• Like Like x 9
  16. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    like how there making jets look realistic less cartoony blocky LEGO looking if new fans knew about third party company this will get some new fans sign up on this site and buy this toy for any of new fans who are jet collectors of military

• Like Like x 1
  17. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  18. KillKen

KillKen Well-Known Member

Where can you order these from?

19. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

@Chosen Prime has it up, but since you're in Oz, you're probably better off ordering from a store based in Asia.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Ohhh now I get why there are posts from people who don't normally post on this part of the forum ...

Screenshot_20210720_153704_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 8