Dragon*Con 2010 (Atlanta, GA)

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Voiceroy, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Dragon*Con is Labor Day Weekend -- Sept. 3-6 in Atlanta, GA
    http://dragoncon.org/

If you haven't been previously, it started as a con focusing on the fantasy genre, but like the San Diego Comic-Con it has since expanded far beyond that. It's been described as being like 30 conventions in one.

[edited later]
    I'll be at D*Con Thursday through Monday. Arriving to pick up my media pass on Thursday afternoon and attending a VIP Media event on Thursday night and then two other fan group con kick-off parties if I make it to all of them.

As for a TFW meetup, maybe sometime Sunday night or Monday after the con wraps?

As for TF-related events, there's only 1: a TF fan panel called "The Cybertron Update: War & Piece" and it's Sunday @ 2:30pm but the room still hasn't been announced.

And the only TF-related guest (that I know of currently) is Phil LaMarr, who voiced Jazz in TFA.

Also, I'm hosting a dinner event but it's not open to the public. It's for Atlanta area voice actors (last year our industry guests were Bob Bergen - voice of Porky Pig, Richard Epcar - anime/videogame VA, Marsha Crenshaw -The Brak Show, Frisky Dingo, and Anime dubber Michael Brady). Seating for this event is extremely limited and normally exclusive to the VA networking group I host. However, it's possible I might have some seats left if there are any cancellations, so if you'd like to be considered to attend send me a PM.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'd love to attend the dinner again.

3. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    I'll be there. But I'll probably just be drinking most of the time. XD

4. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Wish I could say that I was going this year, but don't have the money nor the time to go.

But to all that ends up going, have a shit ton of fun for me!

5. Soundwave_X

Soundwave_X Assassin/Vault Hunter

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    My apologies. I have such a habit of typing it as "Dragon*Con" that I only did a search on that spelling, and of course your thread didn't come up.

My out of state gig on Friday night got canceled, so I'm cleared to be there the entire weekend. If you guys want to do a TFW meetup, we can try working something out. (Just so it's not me and Tekkaman again eating pizza in the food court.)

I'm confirmed as a moderator for both Voice Actors panels and will be assisting with a few others on the Animation Track, and possibly hosting an "Animation Fan Fun Panel" with industry guests if there are any panel cancellations on short notice (I pitched this panel and it was approved, but I was asked about it after D*Con's deadline to get panels listed on the program booklet had expired.)

I've also been confirmed as a contestant for D*Con's first-ever "Dragon*Con Has Talent" competition. It takes place Monday, 9/06 @ 1pm. The room has not yet been announced. If you guys come and show me some support, I'll give you cookies.

And here are the (tentative) schedules for the animation-related panels/guests/events, if you guys are interested:

Anime & Manga Fan Track

And this one says it's for 2009, but it's actually 2010:
    DragonCon Animation Track

Adult Swim Dragon*Con Coverage 2010

Star Wars Track

@Tekkaman: I'll count you in for the dinner. I'll send out the time/location as soon as D*Con staff publishes the official con schedule. It's less than a week now until the con AND STILL NO FREAKING SCHEDULE!

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Thanks Viceroy, I'll be running around the animation panels as well, I'm trying to get speakers who are animators, writers or directors to come speak to some of my animation students via phone/ web conference. I got a few last year and students are still excited about them.

8. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    @Soundwave_X: I don't know who to look for around the con, but if you want to try finding me to meetup, I'm involved with the Animation Track - our events are mostly all in the Hyatt's Dunwoody room.

I'm also moderating the Voice Actors panel Saturday @ 11:30am.

@John: I'll see you Saturday evening. Safe traveling to you - d'town is crazy this weekend.