Dragon Ball Super - Toys and Roleplay - Bandai of America

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by optics, Oct 9, 2016.

1. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Starting in 2017.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.toei-animation-usa.com/press-releases/BandaiToys_draft4v2.pdf

Spin Battlers 2.5 Inch Action Figures
    These mighty battle figures are designed with articulation for signature battle moves. To battle, place figure on top of a spinner and connect up to 3 other spinners. Slide the pad on the spinner back and forth to make your figure spin and battle. The last figure still on top of its spinner wins! You can collect figures in three different ways; blind bags, single figure pack (includes spinner), or 2 figure battle packs (includes 2 spinners). There are initially 7 figures to collect; Super Saiyan Goku, Super Saiyan Vegeta, Frieza, Beerus, Wis, Picollo, and Majin-Buu. Each sold separately unless grouped in a 2 pack. Blind bags include figure only.

Power Up Feature 3.5-Inch Action Figures
    With “powering up” action, kids will be able to recreate some of Dragon Ball’s most intense scenes as their favorite characters burst into super battle form by blasting off their shirt or armor. Characters included in the initial release are Super Saiyan Goku, Super Saiyan Vegeta and Frieza. Each sold separately.

Dragon Stars Series 6.5-Inch Poseable Action Figures
    This series of highly detailed and poseable figures with 16 or more points of articulation will include characters from Dragon Ball’s rich history. Characters announced for the 1st wave include Super Saiyan Goku, Vegeta, and Beerus. The 2nd wave will include Goku, Super Saiyan Vegeta, and Frieza in Final Form. Figures come packaged with an exclusive collectible piece that can be combined to form the dragon Shenron. Each figure sold separately.

Final Attack 7 Inch-Action Figures
    Sculpted in final attack position, fans can crank up Super Saiyan Goku or Vegeta with their signature energy blast disk. Then with a press of a button, launch the energy blast from the figure’s hands to take out their enemies where they stand. Each sold separately.

Deluxe Scouter (Role Play)
    Faithfully-reproduced in two styles, green or red lens, these highly detailed and adjustable headsets feature signature Dragon Ball sounds to allow kids to become their favorite characters and re-enact their favorite scenes. Each sold separately.

Deluxe Kamehameha Shooter (Role Play)
    Now the power to unleash Goku’s Kahmehahmeha blast is in your hands. Attach to wrist and insert the energy ball into the wristband and you’ll begin to hear Ka-me-ha-me- and when you press the button to fire the energy ball, the final “haaa” will be heard as the energy ball blasts through the air to take out your enemies.

2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Damn BAF's! I want that Dragon!

3. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those 6.5-inch figures look a lot like simplified S.H.Figuarts. I kinda like that Vegeta.

4. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

They (obviously) don't look as nice as the stuff Bandai of Japan's been putting out... but I do kinda miss the days of seeing DBZ figures in my local stores. I'm interested in seeing what these 7" "Final Attack" figures look like. They initially sound like fixed-pose statues that shoot discs, but if the sculpt is good I'll certainly pick some up. It'll be nice to see these characters on the pegs once more.

5. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh, those do look pretty good, though I'm curious as to the exact size of the 6.5" figures, since the Figuarts are already pretty close in scale with stuff like Marvel Legends. But hey, if this ends up being the way we finally get a Buu, it'll all be worth it.

I have to say, the Final Attack figures sound interesting too. They sound a lot like some of the old school DBZ toys I had. I distinctly remember having a First Form Frieza, SSJ Goku, and Imperfect Cell.

EDIT: Also, I wonder if this means the dub of Super isn't too far off. It would be kind of weird to have Super toys on the shelf without the anime. Sure, none of the characters shown or mentioned so far are strictly from Super, but still.

6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Bootleg Figuarts? Well, I guess official bootlegs. :lol 

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    For a mass retail toyline, they look pretty good. I'm just now starting to sort-of get into Dragon Ball (basically due to episodes of DBZK airing before OPM), so maybe by the time these are out I'll be interested enough to get a Goku figure. I wonder if they'll be able to time the release of these with a dub of DBS.

8. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    I like the 6.5" figures. Might have to pick those up.

10. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm, I'm not feeling these as much as I want to. Something about the faces is off. That and, of course, they'll be too big to go with Figuarts.

That said, Frieza actually looks pretty good. I might have to get him, even though he looks too big even for the line he's in.

11. Digi

Digi Well-Known Member

The Frieza could work as a 100% full power version since it's a bit bigger and bulkier than the SHF version.

12. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Might just pick up that beerus, I'm a sucker for that hairless purple cat god bastard! :D 

13. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I'm going to just stick with Figuarts unless they release guys that don't have a chance in that line.

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm in as I want my DBZ characters to fit the scale of 6 inch or 1/12 collection. My only worry is whether the screws can be openly seen from the back of the figure.

Fans who bought the BOA Classics Lion-O and Hasbro's Jurassic World dinosaurs who know what I mean - its an eye-sore! XD

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The collector figures look really good. Definitely worth getting instead of diving into the Figuarts line imo. Though I'm still not big on needing to get two versions of both Goku and Vegenta to finish Shenron.

Also, has anyone seen any galleries from other websites that have pictures of the non-collector stuff?
    I doubt there will be visible holes. I don't think Bandai uses screws for their 6" figures. It's certainly not an issue with their recent Power Rangers figures.

• Like Like x 1
  16. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Oh that's interesting! If that's the case, I may actually get the whole wave of this series! :) 

17. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

Google+:
    just get yourself sh figuart if you want to collect dragon ball figure...

• Like Like x 1
  18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I think I got everyone of them except the SDCC versions...but I'm satisfied with their size. I wished they were bigger.

19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Isn't DBZ on Nickelodeon? These figures have been a long time coming IMO. The Jakks figures weren't as articulated as these and I'm surprised something like this for DBZ HASN'T been out at mass retail before.

Sure Figuarts take the cake but those aren't mass retail. I bet if these new figures were out in 2000-2005 they would've sold well. Maybe they'll do good later this year. Not happy that Vegeta and Goku don't have both normal and Super Saiyan heads included.

20. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Dbz and db super are currently airing on cartoon network's toonami block