Dr Wu's Workshop Extreme Warfare DW-E04 Prime Commander

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Meekutron, Nov 12, 2020.

1. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

But u forget that they have acknowledged and approved of 3P add ons. That's because, while counterintuitive, competition doesnt necessarily hurt ur brand or sales. Think about zoos or museums, who "compete" with each other. The reality is that they form a market together, where they coexist successfully and would actually suffer financial losses if bankruptcies or mergers eliminated "competing" zoos/museums. In other words, all these 3P toys actually promote Hasbro IPs and keep them going. Arguably, we cant even say if they hurt Hasbro sales, given that most 3P work in the MP scale and very few fans have bragged about buying 3P over official (they fill out official gaps with 3P).

CHUG has no 3P competition at all, save for the growing Legends scale (which a lot of fans seem hesitant to move into).

No one has the sales numbers to confirm this stuff, so we can imagine any piracy losses we want. But they are imaginary numbers, and this is all hypothetical.

3P brought back G1 combiners long before Hasbro did. And I recall a 3P combiner sitting on the shelf of a Hasbro developer, in the background, during a design video. As hard to believe (or ironic) as it is? Hasbro is also pirating... 3P designs! ;)  And let's not forget original sin: Hasbro did not license any of their car designs in G1. Using the likeness of a car without permission: classic IP infringement.

2. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And while these are whole figures, they are basically accessories to Hasbro Titan class and Micromasters figures. They might help sell existing products.

3. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

There is a huge difference between offering add ons and creating a complete competitive product. One doesnt compromise your share of the market the other does and affects you negatively.

4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Noah's Freshman Album

News Credits:
    LOL at HasTak being the one who'd encroach on anyone considering it's their property. Not to mention the Third Party legends market is only a thing because HasTak did their own line of Legends figures going as far back as the T30/Commander Class.

I mean, only until a 3P tries to butt in on their turf... *glares at Zeta Unicron*

5. TonyStink

TonyStink AKA Mr. E.

Seems more promising than the messy Kingdom Core Prime.

6. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Personally, I think that these 3rd-Party figures should make CHUG-scaled figures of figures that Hasbro would probably not release. Like Slapdash (might be called "Ramshackle") with Lube *snickers* and maybe some more WFC Trilogy-scaled Micromasters like Erector *giggles* (sorry, not sorry).

7. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Possibly too big for what I'd like it for but maybe not. I'd love a bunch of MM sized g1 characters. Don't care if they Transform though. Just posing. Works with the new titans too. I love using the Legends and WST scales for that.
    toy curio 2020-01.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    If this was the case then why do so many different 3P companies consistently release nearly identical products, instead of trying to double down on doing something unique?

9. pilot00

Competition? Trying to outdo one another? Different demographics? Its like asking why there are 500 different sets of TVs or ovens. The market is saturated but not THAT saturated at the moment.

10. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    If it was any of those three, offerings would be more distinct. But I legitimately can't tell the difference between most 3P MP offerings because of how insufferably similar they are to each other. Literally zero innovation. Everyone released a Sunstreaker at the same time. Everyone released a Hound at the same time. It's ridiculous, it's like how oversaturated the Battle Royale market became after Fortnite took off. Suddenly everyone was doing it, and the only thing that happened was people got burnt out on Battle Royale.

11. pilot00

Αs far as I remember, there were only 2 Sunstreakers and that was way before takara had any plans/announcement of their own. I cant comment on their timing, but the difference in engineering is quite obvious
    I dont remember what happened on Hound. But regardless, to call them "insufferably similar" is fallacy. There is almost nothing in common with Omnigonix and Sunsurge other than they be Sunstreaker. Now the official Sunstreaker and Sunsurger share more commons that is comfortable, but then you get the "Its the same character ofc they are going to share the same stuff". Personally a consider this to be a load of bull.

12. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

Strikes me that these'll scale better alongside Titan-class bots than HasTak's own Core/Legends/Legion/whatever-the-heck-it's-called-this-week.

• Like Like x 1
  13. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    Looks cool but I just bought core class OP:mad: 

14. pilot00

Provided both are around 8-9 cm that seems to be the case, there wont be notable difference. However I see differences in engineering with this product been the obviously superior. Pending an official price for both, it stands to reason that more of a budget was used to develop this than the official one though.

15. Alexander Fedorychev

Alexander Fedorychev TonTon: Revealing All Kingdom Figures Tomorrow!

News Credits:
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania located on Cybertron
    Something about the engineering reminds me of the Core Class Optimus...

16. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Does he scale with the old legends class? This starts to become interesting. At that scale I'd take a Prime with trailer.

17. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

1) for the snub-nose cab design, I think there's just the one "default" transformation to Optimus that all newer models are just a variation of, with the exception of evasion-mode movie prime. I'll call it, the OP-1 maneuver, lol. So no surprise if the hastak core design shares similar steps with any 3P models.

2) I friggin' LOVED the cyberverse series back when TF: Prime was on. The cyberverse commanders were so emotive and posable for such a small scale and even some of the legion class modes were absolute win (read: cliffjumper and tailgate). So on that note, great job on HasTak for bringing legends-class awesomeness to mass market at an affordable price.

3) Dr. Wu and any other 3P has my permission to make as many micro-legends as they wish. These look fantastic! And if they are +/- $30 then I can still consider adding them to my insane collection of microformers. Scale be damned, I just like things that look great and don't fall apart when you just look at them.

Really excited to see where they take this line.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whoa, neat! Time for a MM Hot Rodimus for Star Convoy and to return making that CW Mixmaster Dr Wu!!!!!

• Like Like x 5
  19. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

I've been having a great time collecting the modern micromasters and bases. I'm starting to consider getting these doctor wu figures to compliment them. I already have many of these characters as legends/legion, but that scale is still a tad too big for micromasters.

Of course, what I would really hope is that hasbro continue with the modern micromasters, giving us more bases, and figures. I would also think like a special redeco pack of some of the micromasters as '84 characters would be cool too. (Megatron could be one of the gun-former battlemasters.) Shame it looks like the micromasters will be dropped during kingdom. I would love it if Hasbro returned to the concept in the next year's line.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if they make a sixshot ill cave and buy galvy optimus and soundwave

21. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Are we gonna have to start using the term "Legends Minus" now....?

• Like Like x 1