Dr.Wu Vigorous Mixer (Mixmaster for CW Titan Devastator)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Autoboty, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I don't know, I'm of the opinion CW Devy is what it is... you could spend a lot of money trying to make this "Masterpiece," but it is never going to be one.

I'm all about the least and cheapest amount of upgrades possible for this.

2. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

Yeah, I'm at pretty much the same point.
    I really wish 3P's and HasTak would stop mucking about and give me a set of Constructicons that will work well with Masterpiece figures, and have that toy/toon vibe going on. I don't care too much about alt mode scale, or height of Devastator. As long as the individual 'bots look like the Constructicons, and are all the same height/build, and are the right height to go with my Masterpiece figures. And the alt modes are all the correct vehicles that they were in G1/'toon, and they have the same vehicle articulation that the G1 toys did.
    This Dr. Wu Mixmaster could be the first of this ilk, but I'd need to see if it had decent MP-level articulation in 'bot mode.

3. superscream

superscream Well-Known Member

I didn't get Apollyon to play with a toy gun. I have 5 real handguns. I got Apollyon for Megatron.

Similarly I didn't get CW Devastator for the individual Constructicons - I got him for Devastator. While having MP Constructicons is a nice to have, having a better Devastator is my focus. The Prowlastator kit is the way to go - Mixmaster just needs a better cab IMO.

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    For me, when I get Transformers for both the Bot mode & Alt mode. If the alt mode is meaningless then I might as well just get a toy robot.

IMO, you can't have Devastator unless you first have Constructicons.
    If the Constructicons are unimportant, then I'd rather save money and have a big, articulated figure.

5. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I totally agree. If I just want a poseable G1 accurate Devastator without the Constructicons, I'll just buy this guy: Before and After - Giant Bulky Action Figure - BA-01 Engineer General

I still might. :D 

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
  7. robh

robh Decepticon

8. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Well-Known Member

Cool, I guess, but I think the Hasbro version has a better headsculpt. At least, I think I do. Can't make out many details on this one.

To the people asking for a better Long Haul: How exactly do you propose a third party improve on him? The "flaws" that people complain about are almost all a direct result of him having to form the crotch of an obscenely large combiner. His proportions, especially, arise from this fact. The only feasible fix I can imagine is better arms, and there's already an upgrade coming for that.

9. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    OK, I'm gonna try to explain this, I don't own titan devastator yet.

Start by having long haul in bot mode. Then transform his hips and legs into devastator mode only, leaving his upper body in long Haul's robot mode, but make sure that devastator's hips are still rotated to the back of long haul. There, your done. Now add on parts to fill in devastator leg connectors and give Long Haul some feet. Give him both a bigger head and longer arms to make him more proportionate and that's it.

Now he's more proportionate and a lot taller, hulking bot compared against his other team mates like in the IDW comics, and he can still transform into devastator's torso, hips and thighs.

My computer is down, so I can't photoshop to show what I mean..

10. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Well-Known Member

Ah. I see what you're getting at there. Grabbed my Long Haul and walked through the steps.

Honestly, I don't think Long Haul's proportions, aside from his dinky little arms, are that bad. The legs, by virtue of becoming Devy's massive thighs, are a bit too thick, but not terribly so.

But I can see how some upgrades might improve his looks.

11. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    All I know is every other Devastator in the world doesn't have a freak Longhaul and still looks great in combined form. So it's not a magic trick.

Start over, and make it normal. I don't care how.

12. Olymprix

Olymprix Moonwalkin' on the Ceiling

News Credits:
    So you'd be okay with a considerably shorter Devastator whose legs are very close together? 'Cuz that's the only way I can see a redesign working.

13. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The 20,000 other Devastators out there don't look wrong with a normal Longhaul. I don't see why the same wouldn't be true here.

And if he's shorter, that's a small price to pay for 1/6th of it not being the worst thing ever.

14. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

Gotta agree with Cheebs here.
    I'd even take partsforming (like G1 Devy) if it meant a cohesively sized Longhaul.

15. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    I just opened up and combined the CW Devy and man is he awesome. If only a third party company can take what Hasbro has done here and refine it with MP looks, articulation and upsize each limbs to close to seeker height they will literally be printing money.
    I still don't know why Gravity Builder did what they did with that stumpy ugly ass classics Devastator.

16. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Because 3P does what they want. Not every single 3P is trying to be Masterpiece.

17. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    From what I've seen thus far, I really like what DX9 has done with their take on Longhaul. So far it's seems to have struck the best balance between all three modes... of course that might change once we get in hand reviews.

18. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Update from Dr. Wu.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  19. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice! Arm articulation is still limited, but the legs looks like they added a thigh rotation. The back of robot mode is the INCREDIBLY improved.

[​IMG]

I wonder if they price will be kept down by the fact that he kept it relatively simple like Hasbro did, just improved it a little.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  20. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Too bad there's not a more accurate head to the cartoon. unless the head from the hasbro version can be swapped with it.

Overall Hasbro's Robot Mode looks better to me. but wu's alt mode looks better.

[​IMG]