Dr. Wu Extreme Warfare Master Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by magicube, May 6, 2023.

1. nune

nune neurospicy-flavored blitzwing fanatic (ey/em)

News Credits:
    in the Hasbro designers' basement. Hi, Mark!
    Instagram:
    I think a G1-ified Wasp and Longarm colors (grey, black, and teal) Shockwave two-pack could be a neat Animated homage.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

I’m gonna skip on the cliff jumper and shockwave sets. If the 3rd set was something cool as other have mentioned (animated or Sg colours) I’d have grabbed one… idk. Maybe I’ll grab a shackwave set..

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Double identical Cliffjumpers is a terrible idea. Tap-Out and others are right there. Hopefully they at least make one a grey-leg Toon version and one a black-leg Toy version. I ordered both for now, but if it really ends up being two of the exact same CJ, I’ll probably decide which purple Shockwave I like better and cancel the other one.

Regarding other potential pairs, since SG Cyclonus is coming with Goldbug, I’d really like to see a hypothetical SG Shockwave come with either SG Bumblebee or SG Cliffjumper.

Last edited: May 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  4. WST Junkie

WST Junkie Minibot Overseer

• Like Like x 1
  5. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    I hate that I would like the grey Shockwave to be part of my huge dragon omega supreme just like the grey versions of inferno and grapple

• Like Like x 2
  6. WhatWouldSkyLynxDo

WhatWouldSkyLynxDo Well-Known Member

Was a red Cliffjumper ever used with a different head for another character? Maybe he can just pack in an alternate head?

But I do want a sky blue Cliffjumper.

I want all the colors.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WST Junkie

The thing that disturbs me is that if he posted these sets then he’s most likely finished with the production part, and most likely won’t make too many changes. I seriously doubt that any of our suggestions will ever come to fruition, especially at this stage. :( 

8. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    OH good there is a Shackwave. Only pre-ordered the HUbcap/Shackwave set for now. Can't make up my mind if I just want animation or toy more and it's really hard to go off of renders.

Will say it's rather disappointing to see Cliff just repeated between the two sets. At least throw in yellow CJ if you don't want to go to the more out international repaints/SG/Tap-Out.

• Like Like x 2
  9. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    I'd have accepted a Prime-derived alternate head or Hubcap's head in red, but this repack sucks on principle.

I'll probably cave when I realize it's like $25 and both Shockwaves' colors look better in plastic than in pixels, of course.

Last edited: May 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  10. teamzoth

teamzoth Un-Chrasimatic

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    If Dr wu doesn't do any alterations to one of them...The wave of future cliff jumpers to be sold across all social platforms at major discounts in the future . Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a 4-5$ bin figure at parts parties in every transformers convention

• Like Like x 1
  11. WST Junkie

That’s exactly what Dr. Wu is counting on, everyone eventually caving in due to the low price point of these figures. But like you stated, this sucks on principle. I can deal with essentially being forced to purchase the lesser desirable figures in order to get the essential ones, but forced double dipping? C’mon dude…

• Like Like x 3
  12. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So another update.
    1000001562.jpg 1000001556.jpg 1000001558.jpg
    This seems a much better plan than two identical Cliffjumpers. Only tweek I'd hope for is black windows on the toy Cliffjumper.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 14
  13. WST Junkie

I can tell you that from what I'm seeing this makes a big difference in both bot and alt mode. In vehicle mode, the difference in the color of the front fenders is a simple yet huge way of differentiating the two. Then there are the paint apps which gives them totally different headlights... Those subtle changes coupled with the different colored windows makes a big difference in my opinion.

You know I bet that his fellow followers on Weibo chewed his ass out. After already having been made to purchase two identical Galvatron figures I'm certain that they had some choice words for the good doctor lol...

EDIT: I believe that black windows on the toy version would've integrated poorly with the bot mode being that both his legs, arms, and toes lol (front fender) are all black. It would've been a whole lot of black going on...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope Dr. Wu does a Shattered Glass Shockwave recolor. No one has made one yet.

SG_Shocky.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  15. teamzoth

teamzoth Un-Chrasimatic

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Yay! These changes are literally going to make me keep my three pre-orders.
    Dr wu listening to their audience will only be good for them and the future releases :D 

• Like Like x 4
  16. WST Junkie

Ooh that’ll be a beautiful deco for Shockwave… :rolleyes: 

17. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Still silly to do a second cliffjumper when there is so many variant characters to choose from.

if he was able to modify it, he should’ve gone all the way.

• Like Like x 1
  18. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Well, there you go! That makes a big difference, and makes me feel a lot better about double-dipping. Ironically the two red Cliffjumpers now look more visually distinct than the two purple Shockwaves, haha.

I agree that I'm always hoping for an SG Shockwave to finally be made in plastic. I'm still holding out hope that NewAge gets around to it someday as well.

But from a purely objective perspective, not as an SG fan, SG Shockwave's color scheme really isn't attractive. I can kinda understand why companies are reluctant to produce it. That mid-tone grey next to the yellow is just drab and ugly. It's a shame, because there are so many better ways FunPub could have done an SG Shockwave. Make him Blaster colors, give him that nice red-white-gold scheme from the Animated SG concept that someone posted earlier in the thread, etc.

Still, we're stuck with FunPub's decision on that (certainly not their only baffling decision during their time with the franchise), so I would still like to have the chance to buy an actual figure of him one of these days.

• Like Like x 3
  19. blakasmoko

blakasmoko Active Member

seconding a red SG shockwave for looking 100 times better.

• Like Like x 3
  20. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    That's better, and why I'm glad when there's feedback we're heard; such agility is one of the charms of a relatively straightforward design and manufacturing process.

Are we, though? I'm potentially up for a Shattered Glass Shackwave that doesn't look like its creator dressed it in the dark.:ev: 

Maybe in a red or a Shattered Glass Cyclonus orange?

• Like Like x 2