Dr. Wu Extreme Warfare Master Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by magicube, May 6, 2023.

1. WST Junkie

WST Junkie Minibot Overseer

Dr. Wu is going far beyond what is already becoming an unfortunate trend of packaging undesirable figures with the more desirable ones by packaging the same damn character twice, which ultimately equates to us being cheated out of a figure.

I assumed that this was previously done due to unforseen circumstances, with us not getting what was an obviously planned "scanning limited" Planet Galvatron release, and instead saw everyone receiving two copies of the same Planet Galvatron, SMH. But now we're going to receive two copies of Cliffjumper if we want to ensure that we get every variant of Shockwave? This suxazz man!

• Like Like x 6
  2. shadowPotentate

shadowPotentate Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, I have to agree, I'm really disappointed by this. It's especially weird because this is Cliffjumper, it's not like there's not more than G1 Hubcap for redeco options. I'd really like to see the Gobot Rest-Q (Funpub did it!), it'd fit nicely with Bugbite, and I'd even take it without a retooled head honestly.

Even beyond that there's more niche options too that also wouldn't ideally require head retooling, - the chrome red G2 Hubcap, the weird white and green Carrera releases in Brazil and Argentina, the original light blue Micro Change deco, heck, they could just do an SG Cliffjumper deco!

There's lots of options here for the Doc, and most of them are simple redecos with no new molding required - I don't get why we're being made to buy the same Cliffjumper twice if we want both Toon and Toy colorways for Shockwave.

• Like Like x 4
  3. WST Junkie

Man he could've even given us a Golden Lagoon version which only requires a simple repaint. It may not be the most desirable deco but heck at least we wouldn't be purchasing the same figure twice. Shit I still think that he owes us a reformatted version of planet Galvatron to make up for that previous blunder...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Target

Target Well-Known Member

Anyone know a good place or have a good link to order the cliff molds? I found the ones on bombusbee, but keep getting a message that they don't ship to the US now??

UPDATE: Took several more attempts and some patience and it finally let me through for successful pre-ordering. Fingers crossed it doesn't go away.

Last edited: May 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  5. teamzoth

teamzoth Un-Chrasimatic

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    omg...why would Dr Wu do this? Double dipping is terrible. I mean, this company has been hitting it out of the park with this line of miniatures. They sell out of most of their sets so they are for sure turning a decent profit. Already this is a slight re-mold of bee to begin with.
    I feel like this is still uncertain? like...maybe closer to the date, we'll get surprised with something? Like a shattered glass version? or maybe one with some horns on the front bumper and a slightly different head to homage TF primes version a bit? Heck, they could put some white racing stripes down the center for the studio series style...Simple options to make everyone happy about having to get all the sets, because at the end of the day, they should desire everyone to want all 3 sets.

• Like Like x 3
  6. WST Junkie

7. teamzoth

teamzoth Un-Chrasimatic

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    PO all 3 sets...but im for sure going to cancel one of those shockys if they dont do something special with one of the double cliffs.
    Though I flipping love the cartoon, that lighter comic purple goes hard!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Woot, got ‘em ordered. Glad he reconfigured the sets to put Hubs and Shacky together as those two are my primary wants. Not sure yet which version of Shockwave to go for so I will wait until I see the actual colors. I have a feeling he will change one of the Cliffjumper’s windows to black as well. That would be the easiest change to make to differentiate the two.

• Like Like x 3
  9. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

So glad that Dr Wu is finally giving us the option of getting Cliffjumper with either Dark Shockwave or Light color Shockwave. Gives me an easy choice and I don't have to get an extra nearly identical figures just to get the paint decos I want for both CJ and Shock. That mix of desired colors matched with less desired colors for Inferno/Grapple/Hauler/Shattered Glass left me with a couple more figures than I really wanted.

Still need to get the gray Galaxy Man version if I want that Hubcap and not sure I really need Hubcap for $25.

10. WST Junkie

Give us another grey mold version… Perhaps a battle damaged version… Maybe even a Golden Lagoon version but shiz man don’t make us purchase the same figure twice!!!!! This is one of the dumbest decisions ever made by Wu regarding this line, and he has made some questionable ones.

EDIT: The worst part is that he does this under the guise of giving us options. "You can either buy Cliff along with toy Shocky, or you can buy Cliff with toon Shocky, your choice"... And if we want both versions of Shockwave (which he knows a lot of us will) then we have to buy both sets… :mad: 

This is great for Dr. Wu because he gets to sell two separate sets while only having to create three figures for them. A win for Wu, an annoying loss for his customers.

• Like Like x 3
  11. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I hope your right. I ordered the Hubcap set and the toy Shockwave set for now. Animation Shockwave still seems the wrong shade of purple, too red. And I will end up with two bazooka anyways. If it was a pistol I could give to Bumblebee or Goldbug it might be worth it to gamble on pre-ordering all three.

• Like Like x 1
  12. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

If they Make one of those Cliffs yellow I'd definitely order another set. As is I pre-ordered the Darker Shockwave and Shockwave sets.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    *sigh* was happy just to get the CJ and darker shockwave, and skip hub and lilacwave. but now with shackwave, which i kind of want, bundled with hub, frack i dunno. :rolleyes: 

14. Ravewind

Ravewind Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if anyone has pointed it out to Dr Wu on weibo that they can do a toy version (black windows) of Cliffumper.

• Like Like x 2
  15. WST Junkie

Yeah and give one a white colored face, and the other a silver painted face to help further differentiate the two. This is a very poor decision on his part and I'm more than certain that he's getting an earful from members on Weibo...

• Like Like x 1
  16. zalten

zalten Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When did the soundwave and blaster cartoon version get announced. I just ordered on Uncle Billy Ali store. Is it available anywhere else.

17. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you should be able to find someone to buy Hubcap if you want. I am sure some people will only want one Shockwave.
    Not that I've seen. There is also a private fan group. Hopefully someone there will point it out. I wonder if grey could be added to the animated version's limps.
    Is that different from the set without the battle damage deco?

18. Louis

Louis Well-Known Member

Preorders are up on Showz store now
    https://showzstore.com/drwu-mechani...ockwave-toy-color-version-set-of-2_p6251.html

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  20. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    It’s really too bad they didn’t choose one of the countless other repaints to go with that cartoon shockwave.

can’t get a green wasp perhaps?

• Like Like x 2