DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime pics and price

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Algernon, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    They should have designed it with the trailer cracking open and having all kinds of bits inside that attach to him instead of bolting the whole damn trailer to his back in butterfly mode. Damn thing even has antennae!

I got my Supreme Devastator for around $40 a few months after it came out. And that one started at $100. I haven't yet seen what the starting price on this Prime is, although most likely it too will be $100, but it might be only $80.

Considering this IS Optimus Prime they will probably manufacture a lot more of them than Devastator. I'm betting we see clearance prices on it within 2 months of release. Readily available too.

A lot of folks said that about ROTF Devastator. It seems to never have materialized.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm not a fan of some of the design choices - the wheels on the arms, the way the huge wings go, the way it all seems to be one giant piece limiting mobility in the legs. I could forgive it if it were only a little more than Leader Class, though at twice the price I really would hope for more poseability.

Granted, maybe there are features we're not seeing here - maybe the trailer transforms on its own or is loaded with SFX and light up features. But on first impressions alone, I'm not overly impressed.

There are some nice elements to the design, though, and I'm sure when it shows up on screen it will look suitably awesome. It's also nice to see Optimus with his trailer again.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Honestly, while I still have absolutely no plans on buying this thing, it actually turned out a whole lot better than I was expecting. I actually really like his normal bot-mode. True, his arms are a bit bulky, and he looks like he's carying most of his alt-mode on his back, but it still looks pretty good. The combined bot-mode isn't bad either. Not amazing, but brilliant compared to the combination RotF Prime had with Jetfire. The trailer is much more in-scale with Prime than thought it was going to be.

Honestly, for eighty bucks, it's kinda tempting. If this guy is of a good size, and we get a new Leader Megatron, and if I could sell my RotF Prime for a good enough price, I could see myself getting this guy. Would make for an interesting centerpiece to one grand movie-verse toy collection. Still, the largest/most expensive TF related toy I'll probably be getting this year is the Ark. Hopefully the next pictures to leak will be of it.

Not an issue, I've always seen Prime as more of a pie kind of guy anyways.

4. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The strongest Optimus Prime toy.

5. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Unless I am wrong I think Primes hands are articulated,I hope like hell they are,I want a proper movie prime with opening hands and fingers.As for this Prime he looks awesome as shit,will add another to my prime collection.Lastly I think he looks dragonfly-ish,I will probably name him Dragonfly Prime.

6. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Ehh...I'll need to wait for a review.

7. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    John Shaft.

8. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    I really hated the look of the Prime-Jetfire combo when the pictures were first released. After I bought it though, I was able to position Jetfire in a way that I was happy with. And I think I'll beable to do the same here.

The only thing that bugs me is the acutal trailer. It looks really bulky and clunky behind Prime, as opposed to the actual one which looked sleek and sexy.

9. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Powermaster Prime was cooler.

10. Barricade_Rules

Barricade_Rules Barricade's #1 Fan Boy

why my shoulders hurt?!?!?!

11. Regrezz

Regrezz Well-Known Member

Prime pulling the trailer reminds me of the G1 episode where Huffer pulls Primes trailer. It just looks out of scale.

Hopefully the trailer can hitch to ROTF leader Prime some how.

12. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I'll wait for the Takara release.

13. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    I must be high as fuck.

14. adypax

adypax You didn't betray me, you betrayed yourself.

~~~starts playing Pokémon music~~What??!!!Optimus Prime is evolving!!!...Optimus Prime evolved to Yanma Prime!!!~~~

15. Noeldj

Noeldj DEVZ

UUUGGGH I Duunno $80.00 glad da arcee,bumble bee an screamer from da prime series are lookin tight dotm just aint Banggin it......

16. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Most definitely NOT the "Ultimate" Optimus Prime. could be a win if those arms didn't look so ridiculous.

17. ProtoformX

ProtoformX Beasties!

News Credits:
    I honestly feel like all i can do when i look at this is laugh...how can it be THIS bad?!?!? hahahahaha

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    :lol 

19. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    I'm disappointed because i did expect something more complex and brutish, but im still pretty pumped to see it on screen. I'll still need it for my ever growing OP collection and can keep it in alt mode where it will fit on my shelf.
    Movie Prime w/ trailer is still something i've been looking forward too, and seeing as how im not thrilled with most of the DOTM figures, the money saved will help me to pay for this one.

20. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    Butterfly Prime! Yes! Just what I've always wanted in my collection. Whats up with those arms, seriously, it must not be transformed all the way