DotM toyline: Mainline, or Cyberverse?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bountyan, Oct 2, 2011.

?

Main line vs Cyberverse

1. I have more fun collecting main line toys

45 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. I have more fun collecting cyberverse toys

24 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. I happily collect both, I don't significantly prefer one over the other

30 vote(s)
    28.0%
  4. I don't collect Dark of the Moon toys

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Oh i check out every one of them, i read and watch all reviews and check the boxes in the shelves when i see them. i also do not consider scout class too simple. i was talking about legends generally. Also while i am sure Hatchet is a great figure, to me it lacks the screen accuracy (Suburban, not jet) and size accuracy (most of my figures are in "Leader Bosses - Deluxe cars scale and i have that wonderful deluxe Crankcase as a Dreads reference).

2. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Cyberverse can also be good for people who generally dislike movieverse designs.

As a side effect of the simplifications at such a small scale, it often
    happens that the designs are affected in such a way that it pleases those
    people.

3. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm an adult, and a toy collector, and I truly enjoy Cyberverse figures.
    Hmm. Where does that leave me?:rolleyes: 

Yes, they're simplistic. So what. For a figure to just pick up and fiddle with, nothing beats a Legends/Cyberverse toy.

Besides, you get more of a scale feeling with them, too. I don't go for scale most of the time, but I'm also not a fan of a biker-bot being slightly larger than a sports car.

4. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Well, may be i misspoke, probably i don't count really as a toy collector. I have 30-something robots at most, and a few other figures. To a real collector, all toys including legions of course can be appealing.

What i mean is:
    [​IMG]
    - This is a little cool toy. It's clearly Bumblebee, it's relatively cheap, fun to fiddle with and it's very cute.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    - This, on the other hand, with all his flaws, even can count as art piece, sitting posed on some desk or shelf, would be interesting even for a friend who don't have interest in toys or Transformers. He would be recognized as a character and would be admired for his engineering.

So i didn't mean to offend anyone. Also i just realise that little guy would make a good keychain :) 

5. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Personally, I think that the engineering for some of the Cyberverse figures more impressive, because they're working at a smaller-scale with cheaper figures. Some Legends figures have had almost all the features of their larger figures, and other (especially the Commanders) are genuinely better than their full-size counterparts (Blackout, for example. And while they're not exactly the same figure, I genuinely like my Cyberverse Dreads much more than Deluxe Crankcase. And I'll say it again, some goddam variety goes a long way. Bumblebee is a bad example to use (for one, because that's not even a DotM figure) but because I haven't considered buying a BB figure since the first movie. Just sayin'.

Cyberverse can be hit-or-miss, but I'm very pleased with the hits.