Dotm theatrcal trailer out early on apple

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Starscreamer95, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    same

so true

totally agree

2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Watched it a dozen times now. Hyped each time. :D 

3. Valenti

Valenti BoA's love.

Wait, Sam took a level in Badass and the Earth has become a Crapsack World? Yes please. :D 

4. Ceric Neesh

Ceric Neesh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm personally incredibly impressed with how far the CGI has come even from TF2, and especially from TF1. In both of them, you could still see spots where the relfections, lighting, etc. weren't quite right, or the blend was off between the explosions/smoke/dust/etc. and the 'bots, but even freeze-framing my way through the entire trailer, it was perfect. Especially the shot with Optimus standing outside in front of the spaceship thing, it's one hell of an impressive shot. Same with the hangar scene, I couldn't tell at first whether it was a CG Ironhide in the bottom of the frame or a physical prop, and Ratchet is reflecting off of the floor like a real floor, not like a perfectly flat surface that most reflections are rendered as (there's dips and distortions to the reflection that you get on any real-world surface that's not designed to provide perfect reflections).

Overall very impressive, and might be worth purchasing on Blu-Ray.

5. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finding someone pretty is fundamentally different than finding them attractive. But thanks for the sarcasm.

The trailer, yeah, its awesome. Full of pretty people and awesome robots. Yay!

6. Shatterkick

Shatterkick TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not wanting to add more fuel to the fire re the Megan/Rosie debate, but Josh is ten times hotter than both of them, even if he does spend his entire time in the movies well covered up :)  :)  :) 

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    You know even after the Trailer I stil don't know for sure if the Wreckers have Robot modes or not or if they are really Autobots/Decepticons/Autobot Traitors, or Human built machines made from borrowed tech or reprogrammed and mind controlled Protoforms... etc..

As they don't appear in this Trailer at all. so it's not much help - Hopefully there will be plenty of TV spots some of which may answer some of the unanswered Questions.

8. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Was this sarcasm?

If not, this thread is about the trailer. Rosie was in the trailer. Therefore, people have the right to talk and bitch about her being better/worse than Megan. You might not like it, as big giant robots are why we watch it, but they do have valid points to make, as it concerns both the movie and the trailer.

9. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

I can't stop watching this, OMFG!!! I've already taken the day off of work for this next chapter, my oh my.. Am so totally pumped for this movie.

And on the Rosie, Meghan debate. Rosie's stunned expression seems to subtly change from scene to scene. And Meghan on the other hand seemed to have so much plastic in her face that her mouth can't even move when she talks. they are both eye candy, Rosie being a newbie to the movie industry and Megan a one trick pony hack of an actress, overall I really don't care. I just wanna see some bad ass robots fuck some shit up, with destruction and mayhem throughout. 7-1-11 can't come fast enough.

10. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Do you stand on a soapbox at work too?

11. Rockdown

Rockdown Dream Commander

Ebay:
    Some of these posts are a disgrace, with all the bitching about Rosie's or whoever's looks. Some of her critics are probably no oil paintings themselves. Some or all of the critics could not interest a lady like her in their wildest dreams. Show some respect, be mature and stop sniping; it gives a bad impression of this site and its members.

12. SONICDEBEZT

SONICDEBEZT DESTROYER OF WORLDS

News Credits:
    okay how are they going to survive that whole building fallin to the ground :D 

13. bigkid78

bigkid78 I MAKE SHIT HAPPEN!

anyone else catch what apearse to be starscreams death? the part where bumblebee runs up the building starscream falls with his cheast on fire and bumblebee catches the humans.

14. Skywarp2413

Skywarp2413 Well-Known Member

wow.... just, wow..... that was amazing! i loved every minute of it. I could definitely see some new 'cons (besides previous clones and protoform clones) that looked cool. Like Crankcase and another Dread waking up on the moon and our beloved Shockwave.

Did anyone else notice how animalistic the Dreads are? as soon as they wake up they shake around on all fours like a dog would if it's wet. And soon after, they run on all fours towards the "Mothership" (maybe the Nemesis or just some form of transportation, who knows?) they jump from all fours too. Looks like Crankcase's pincer shoulders will come in handy! XD

Also, am I the only one who thought that there was a purposeful absence of the Wreckers? I hope they don't try to keep them from us and then they turn out to be another bunch of obnoxious 'bots that most people can't stand *hint hint*Skids and Mudflap*hint hint*

15. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

Truth be told, this is a pretty terrible clip.

Here's why:

While the visuals are cool and hint at an epic full scale battle.

The audio used for this trailer is downright annoying. Or to be specific, the Ba-Da-Dadada! parts. I'm not really familiar with the terms and concepts of music, but I think the way to describe what's wrong with it is that there's too much percussion?

The sound effect is alright as an opening, but fails in closing the trailer. And as noted, ended up downright annoying.

Contrast this with say, David Tennant's second season run of Doctor Who, which featured the 4-beat "Drums of War". Now THAT'S how you do repeating beats right.

Also, Prime's dialogue sounds cool, until you think about what he's actually saying. His opening lines basically amounted to him lambasting the humans because HE was keeping secrets from them.

So in conclusion, nice visuals that DO build interest in the upcoming movie, but the audio effects need significant refinement. Also, the choice of dialogue seems poor given the lack of context.

16. guillo

guillo Well-Known Member

I was really excited waiting for the trailer and was pleased when I saw it the first 3 times, however, did anybody find odd the fact that when robots are jumping from the moon they are affected by the gravity as if they where on the earth (they shoudnt fall that quick)
    dont get me wrong, Im soo looking forward for the movie despite all the issues it might have, but thats a little detail I woudnt show on the first trailer

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    I think it's just the angle. the camera follows and pans up, which could make it seem like they're falling faster. The dust an debris all fall as you would expect.

18. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Well actually, I had a headache yesterday (Must have been from my friend daring me to watch Rebecca Black...HIYOOOOOOO!) and i didn't know what I was talking about because I took some Tylenol and became REALLY drowsy.
    So I took a nap, woke up and just decided to delete my replies.

What I ment to say is that most women in Hollywood are ugly without they're makeup (I don't know why I typed what I typed), and I don't find nether Rosie or Megan attractive, im more into girls with natural beauty, but I have hope for Rosie because we never seen her act before and this may start her career, and Megan can't act to save her life.

So im sorry if I sounded a little sexist, im not in anyway (Well...some feminists do get annoying) I hope you can forgive me. :) 

19. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The world is full of critics. Get used to it. I'm one for sure.

I'm also upset that we still have no Sentinel. I need some movie of footage of him.

20. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just makes me laugh how a lot of nerds are calling Rosie ugly. Like none of us would bang her six ways till Sunday if given the opportunity. I know I would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.