Dotm theatrcal trailer out early on apple

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Starscreamer95, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I do wonder about that. Recently I watched Star Wars without all the modern edited in garbage and it felt really GOOD knowing every single thing in that film is real.

Now I'm not suggesting Transformers can ever do that, but the first one was filled with real automobiles and military hardware and even Megatron on ice. This trailer displays a much stronger obsession with cgi than before, which can be really mind numbing and therefore difficult to follow. If it's difficult to follow, then it's difficult to care.

2. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    I was please by what I saw. Music definitely builds up the tension in this trailer. Some of my peeps have been tweeting that they didn't like it because there was too much of a "human focus". I think that it's necessary to have human show emotion, but I just hope its not overbearing. I also thought it was awesome that there were a lot of characters that are confirmed but were not shown. A trailer is a teaser, not the answer. 7.11.2011 cant get here fast enough.

3. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

Not really, the camera spins around and we see only parts of the prime transformation, then we see partial transformations of the rest of the team. Don't get me wrong, this shot was pretty cool. But in the series as a whole, I was confused why he didn't let the transformations happen clearly in one shot - so you can see one thing change to another. That's the creative fun thing we all like to see, why we all like the toys and the franchise.

Ironic, that throughout the two movies transformations often happen too fast, with a camera moving so you can't really see it. It's as if Michael Bay doesn't get the point of what makes transformers cool and fun - or he's bored with it.

In movie 2 the twins actually transformed behind a curtain. :eek: 

4. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Man, people sure like to complain.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    These movies are totally worth it, if for nothing else, just to see these hilarious forum posts.

Never change, Transformers fandom.

6. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Covert Collector

...because it would be totally realistic if each Transformer took five minutes to change from their alt. mode. I guess Bay could have the other Transformers stand around and watch while their enemy is changing forms. If you want the movies to look like the cartoons did when they were transforming, then you want some pretty simplistic designs in your movies. That would look like crap on the big screen. Then again, perhaps some of you want TF:Cybertron in movie form where the bots go to some other dimension while transforming. Sheesh. Can't please everyone I guess.

7. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Yep, unfortunately. I remember growing up I enjoyed most movies. Then when I went to grad school I met some new friends who really picked apart movies, kind of like critics do. Then I started noticing stuff more that bothered me in films.
    But I've done a pretty good job blocking that now. I don't want to nitpick. Everything can be improved upon. If I sit back and relax at a movie and enjoy it, I consider it a good movie.
    IMO, this was a good trailer. Probably the best I've ever seen. I haven't been this excited since the first TF movie came out in 2007. And the fact that I'm this excited after having already seen two movies with these awesome robots impresses me even more...

8. Blockmonsta

Blockmonsta Member

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    And the funny thing is (and by "funny", I mean "extremely irritating"), that someone could watch these films/trailers and say that "there's too much of a focus on the robots, it's just an advertisement for GM vehicles, military hardware and CGI reel". :rolleyes2  You can't win. They show humans, then it's "what about the robotz?!". They show the robots, and it's all "why can't they have a good story and some human drama, too many robots, it's so lifeless!". Gotta love people, eh?

10. Barry Kaid

Barry Kaid Well-Known Member

I believe in you, Michael Bay. Here's to a film where day doesn't turn to night in a single frame; where our much beloved robots have some personality and perhaps more than a line of dialogue each; where we can see what's going on without edits every split second (some of the audience are able to concentrate on stuff for longer than a gnat); where the 'humour' is funny; and where the plot makes a semblance of sense.

I know you can do it, Bay: after two attempts, third time lucky?

11. micky24

micky24 Well-Known Member

how do you say this..well some movies do sell w/o toys some movies are watched because of toys.avatar was from a novel(i guess)if not it was made from crap?while TF is a toy franchise the movie is like a 1-2hrs of toy advertising so yeah

nothing different except they are not exactly the same pictures imean look at prime at the first one he just entering the scene while the 2nd one he was already on the scene p.s i though the white light thing near the lower center is a xD male organ

this might sound trolling g1 looks like humans wearing automobile parts with those fat looking truck cab as their bodies,and seriously a robot that dies becomes a ghost?what the?thats just wrong i mean its awesome but that was like a decade or two decades ago its 2011

super cool,in fact like again like appetizers after they fill your hunger,it will soon increase your wanting for the main dish..xD(sorry for the bad english)

is megatron the boss or soundwave if megatrons the boss then probably revenge,if its soundwave that i dunnon

i think the issue of shockwave not being purple was answered somewhere in this forum you just have to adjust something in the photo i think the hue or contrast or whatever and he some parts of him or most of his parts become purple-ish?not sure though
    oh and the non transforming worm..does that mean that if bay makes a part 4 for this does that mean humans should not be included cause they dont transform and its because its human?:confused: 

are you trying a way to download this?try keepvid or install antbar in mozila then download abc 3gp converter to convert it or try file2hd.com?

cause they love you?jokes aside posibly they haven read all the comments or post you made..xD

i forgot to qoute
    about the avatar thing thing how would a box office hit movie suck?i mean i saw it from the news that it made millions of $ and it still sucked?it had a plot a very good plot!well not unless you were reffering to the avatar:the last airbender so yeah personally it sucked and it has no clear story line for its first installment

about the resident evil after life,when i was watching it i was like WTF?she's suppose to kill some zombies not some guy you looks like neo from the matrix even the effects looked matrix-ish to me,i have to agree that its a good movie and maybe it would sell and be a box office hit too if the title isnt RE afterlife...

back to the topic(i posted too much already xD)
    its kinda sickening to see people complain about the movie specially about the rosie girl that replaced megan yeah megan is hot and pretty or whatever but the movie is about robots,about vehicles that transforms into robot not about megan

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh, uh.... sorry. :( 

This thread grows so fast and has som many people talking it's hard to read the whole thing and not get confused. :eek: 

Ironhide deserves an awesome death. He's a hard motherfucker. After all the crap he's put up with defending a race he doesn't even really like that much.

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What is it about big movie news that makes otherwise fine posters troll like there's no tomorrow? Your movie-hating cred doesn't run out if you fail to comment on material that allegedly doesn't interest you every month.

The battle lines were drawn in 2007, and again in 2009. It's officially not interesting to anyone if you hate the movie. And just for the record, the vast majority of the posts that express unreserved movie hate (that I've read) contributed nothing of substance about the trailer itself. So it's not at all that that you hate the movie, it's not even just that you're trolling, you're not even on topic.

14. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    three's the charm but, seven is the lucky number :) 

15. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    So you're complaining that TF3 will be/is unoriginal, citing it against the movie that was an unashamed ripoff of Battle: Los Angeles?

16. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awesome Trailer!:bay  Love the fan speculation too! Looks like a 99% TF Fan approvel from these posts which is impressive as well.:bowdown:  I can't wait for 1 July and I hope there's a midnight sneek-peek. Also for the first time I found Optimus Prime's words chilling. :2c: 

17. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

My apology Freyabeads, forgot to log you out.:D :eek: 

18. Blackout

Blackout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That worm thing tearing up that building screamed "Rumble" to me for some reason.

19. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
  20. ojcoolj1

ojcoolj1 Active Member

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who noticed the red car at 0:41?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.