DOTM Spacecase

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Deceptigtar, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This...is...one...KICKASS Store exclusive.

I loved terradived. Hell, I think I voted for it as one of the best if not best new deluxes. Pics just dont do it justice. The translucent blue is just a kick ass color and hue..

Spacecase is almost the prototype mechtech guy. His spear transformed...kinda..
    But the jet mode is still, easily one of the best all around jet molds as you can get. Would have liked remolded wings with mechteks ports...Light piping is REALLY good.

If you dont have terradive, or are mildly interested in this one..you gotta see it in hand..FAN freakin TASTIC

As much as I disliked the Jazz deluxe, Im tempted to go back and lookat it, just to see what that one looks like. BB and the motorcycle didnt look good to me..

2. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    cool toys and cool pics.THANKS!
    (I'm getting him!)

3. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got this one yesterday but I am very happy with it. Though the translucent plastic gives it a different feel than Terradive mine seems to lack any actual QC problems. Everything fits together nice and tight, in fact, his shoulders clip together better in robot mode than my Terradive. His leg and ankle joints do feel a little loose as does his neck joint but its no problem as he still stands and poses fine.

I agree with what others are saying about the colors, I don't get why they went with maroon. It looks goofy next to the red and doesn't fit the homage well. That could easily have been done in white or maybe silver (to match his markings) and looked better. All things considered though it looks ok as it is and I'm still in love with this piece.

4. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish Arcee and Bee didn't clog up the exclusives peg. Arcee more since kids and parents will buy multiple Bumblebee.

I saw 2 Space Case, he does look better in person.

5. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Lmao!

6. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One thing I would like to add about this guy..

The Comic book.

For me, I grew up G1, never knew much about G2 all the way through, til Movie 1 when I got interested again, and buying Tfs. I have the same gripe with modern Joes as I do with modern TFs, in the Bios. They just dont give you shit anymore to, "capture"...or Portray WHO this character is your actually buying. The new Joe filecards suck to a point they arent really filecards anymore, and TF Bios are shorter, but not THAT different then when I grew up with.

The comic book changed my whole outlook of this character.

They took the Tech spec numbers, and made a short story. They gave this unknown repaint CHARACTER. After I got done reading the comicbook, this wasnt just a Terradive repaint...it WAS Spacecase.

I cannot stress how the filecards and comic tie in for Joe, and the same for TFs at the time, gave me SOooo much imagination into the characters. As a kid, I would read the filecards, and KNOW who that Joe was...I KNEW what training he went through..Hell..I even knew what some liked to do in thier spare time. TF Bios at the time were a lil better, but the simple addition of the comic with this one, REALLY made me like this guy a hell of alot more.

I would hope that Hasbro returns to, not just selling you a piece of plastic....but giving you a CHARACTER too. The comic additon, specific to this character was just great. I KNOW there would be costs involved..but I think this is something that needs to be done, to recapture kids imaginations...especially in THIS time period where alot of kids simply do not have the imagination because of everything being spoonfed to them.

Just my :2c: 

Edit...but then again..kids might not be able to read it, unless its on a monitor..

7. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wanna see scans of the comic...

8. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Really depends on the store, I guess. Superion had very low numbers here and I never saw Bruticus.

9. ZacharyBinx

ZacharyBinx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    He's on Target.com right. Really makes things easier since there are no Targets nearby, and the one I drove to yesterday (and the one my parents hit up this weekend) didn't have them.

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Good to know. I went to Target last night before the movie and I couldn't find him or Jazz, but Arcee and Bumblebee were out there. (not that I want Jazz, but I'm surprised he's sold out too). I guess I'll go ahead and order it

11. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    this dude is an excellent updated tf for space case IMO....i bought 4 terradives earlier during the HTFD craze...so now he has his own squad to lead...

12. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is there anyone planning to make a mass produced custom G2-style head for him?

13. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Found mine at the front of the store today, buried behind a bunch of BBs and Arcees. Love this guy. Translucenty and such. Like him much better than Terradive.

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Picked this guy up at the store tonight. Absolutely love him. The translucent plastic gives off a really cool effect, plus the new head sculpt is badass (thank God it looks almost nothing like the hideous box art). Might even like him more than Terradive, dunno yet.

15. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Got him about 2 1/2 hours ago and he's great. Already loved the Terradive figure, but this guys paint job and headsculpt just rock on an already nice mold! Only negative is mine is fairly loose jointed in the hips. Oddly enough, iirc, a lot of people had that problem with Terradive, but mine is tight and solid... guess this is payback?

p.s. The pack-in comic is butt. Man I thought the story, and especially the artwork, was terrible in the one that came with Ratchet... but this one is really bad. Every other sentence is something like this: "...blah blah blah I'm fast!". That combined with his bio makes it apparent that was ALL they could come up with for this guy.

He's FAST!!!

16. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Got him a couple days ago and my god! He is awesome! I remember having G2 Space Case as a kid and that beng one f my favorite toys to carry around. i always played with hm like he was a Robotech jet and not an actual Transformer. And I love this redux of him. It almost seemed like they designed it to homage a G2 Jet from the beginning from the blaster hand to the Trident storing underneath like the old missile Cannon and Space Case being able to hold onto it like the classic missile. I give this guys a 9/10! I took one point away for loose hips.

Also Cool tip for people who dont like his maroon feet, if you unscrew the ankles and slide out the feet and swap them so the long toe is sticking forward it looks much better. Messes with Transformation but only a wee bit.

17. Karis Mahid

Karis Mahid My fiancee is the avatr

I <3 this figure. Yes, I bought a figure today.

18. Starscweam

Starscweam Well-Known Member

I was actually mulling over this swapping thing since I got TD. How does it mess with the transformation? Can you pls post pics too if its no trouble for you? Thank you.

19. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tridents, vibrant colors, unique headsculpts, great articulation... individually these both have everything I want in a Transformer, together they're fantastic

20. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits: