DOTM Sentinel Prime toy??

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ultraq, Feb 2, 2011.

1. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    Taking a closer look at the new Sideswipe, he clearly lacks any kind of visible seam lines in his front. Either they've managed to hide them perfectly with the flow of the actual vehicle parts ala ROTF leader Optimus, or that's one solid piece. I'm thinking it's the latter, and I wouldn't be surprised if that means his engineering is patterned off the Human Alliance, since it already has seats and a working interior.

In other words, there's a good chance I can skip this version.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The leaked toy list said SENTINEL PRIME LEADER. That's confirmation enough.

Plus rumors of it being called Sentinel Prime on set were around since day one of the fire truck being seen.

3. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    There was even a video of a security guard (who certainly overheard people talking about it) point at the firetruck and say "That's Sentinel Prime, Optimus' dad!" The second part might have been an assumption but it wouldn't surprise me if that's part of the plot.

A lot of people discredited that because he certainly wasn't anyone in the know, but all the evidence is very strongly pointing to that being Sentinel.

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I don't have much comment on that, but they do seem to be packaging them in bot mode this time around, unlike the previous movies. Transformers tend to look smaller in vehicle mode.

The main problem I had with that figure was the massive backpack and the stubby legs. Well the backpack shouldn't be quite as huge this time around, so if they can sort out the legs, I might give it a shot.

Also, while it's not a good enough picture to tell for certain, I'm going to speculate and say that they're going with silver plastic for the bodywork this time around, rather than the silver paint of the previous versions.

5. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Voyager Ratchet looks like a giant compared to the other toys. Only the Firetruck is larger than Voyager Ratchet.

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Man I wish I could see these, stupid work computer blocks the website.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I can't speak for others, but this is the first DotM toy we've seen that I personally think could be Silverbolt. I'm not saying that it's absolutely him, just that out of everything we've seen, I think there's a good chance that it is him. Only time will tell.

8. 009*

009* That Guy In Nebraska

News Credits:
    The fire truck has my attention, but I don't know how much of my interest this line will have.

9. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

At this point, the only ones I'm considering buying are deluxe Crankcase, deluxe Starscream, and the biggest Shockwave I can get my hands on!

I really hope I can dig some more gems out of this line, if not, oh well. I have plenty anyways. I really think the line would be batter off without the mechtech gimmick, but that's just my two cents.

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    PHP:

I think it's a Wrecker. I heard it's rumored to be female. (Which makes me think it's Glyph)

That Ratchet looks great. So does Sideswipe. And no Arcee? It keeps getting better!

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Voyager Ratchet was always on the large side, so it seems pointless to use him as a basis for VOYAGERS ARE RUINED FOREVER F*CK U MECHTECH.

12. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand that height and size as a whole gives you more value to a toy, but my God is there some over reacting going on in this thread.

I'm excited to see what Sentinel Prime and the Helicopter, as well as Sideswipe and the blue wrecker look like. So far these all look like pretty rad toys.

13. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    No sign of a mechtech backpack for the fire engine there, perhaps that was just a one off for bumblebee. Wouldn't mind electronics in this guy, I mean, it's a fire engine, it's gotta have a siren...

14. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    It may have been better intergrated with SP. I see what looks like a water jet thing on top and maybe a ladder (the picture is too small to be for sure). Maybe that's all part of one peice.

Or, maybe they just don't have it/didn't put it on SP.

15. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    DO NOT WANT

Honestly, I wanted to keep Arcee (and Chromia and Moonracer if you will) as the only female characters in the movie franchise. The Blue NASCAR doesn't seem to really fit a feminine robot.

16. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    The lack of a roof should certainly help, but I never had a big problem with the kibble. For me, it was always the proportions which seemed excessively stubby and blocky all around. Granted, they may have learned a lot from Sidearm Sideswipe and applied that to a simpler figure that ultimately works just as well. In the end, though, I don't think it'll be worth spending the $12 or so to replace my HFTD version.

He has more bulk than the average voyager, but he isn't fundamentally any longer or all around bigger than most of the other figures in the first or second movie lines.

17. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Legends Skids (new) (Pass, never liked the twins)
    Deluxe NASCAR Blue Wrecker (new) (Need robot mode pics)
    Deluxe Crankcase/Dread (Buying for customs)
    Deluxe NASCAR Green Wrecker (Need robot mode pics)
    Legends Barricade (Pass)
    Deluxe Starscream (Pass)
    Deluxe Sideswipe (new) (Pass)
    Deluxe Ratchet (Pass)
    Deluxe Barricade (May consider if he`s in the film)
    Deluxe Jolt (Pass)
    Deluxe Bumblebee (PASS)
    Deluxe Skids (Pass)
    Voyager Military Helicopter (new) (Need robot mode pics, probably an aerial bot)
    Voyager Shockwave (Considering, but really want a leader version)
    Voyager Megatron (Pass)
    Voyager Ironhide (Pass)
    Voyager Ratchet (new) (Pass)
    Voyaver Optimus Prime (Pass)
    Leader Rosenbauer Panther Fire Truck (new) (May consider, depends on size compared to other toys and robot mode. Most likely Sentinel Prime, however i would prefer him to be Ultra Magnus)

7/19
    Overall a bad lineup. Most of these are ruined by mechtech gimmick. The wreckers have`nt got enough Mechtech to make them look like the film versions...

18. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    You know, I wonder if people haven't looked at Battle Blades Prime recently. That was a damn small figure, much smaller than the original Prime and probably about the same size as the DOTM Prime.

But yeah, Mechtech is taking away plastic and budget from the figures, there is no recent trend in smaller voyager figures. Not one bit.

19. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Yeah, because all female characters should be girlie girls, right? :inquisiti 

20. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All right. So...I'm definitely going to get Leader Sentinel Prime, Voyager Shockwave, Voyager Megatron, Deluxe Green Nascar, Deluxe Blue Nascar, and Deluxe Dread. I might get Voyager Helicopter, Voyager Ironhide, Deluxe Bumblebee, Deluxe Skids, and Deluxe Sideswipe. Everything else is a pass.