DOTM Sentinel Prime toy??

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ultraq, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

Seriously, it's legitimately annoying how many people seem to think that yelling "remold" at everything under the sun makes them look smart.

I have never once seen it be the case where a true remold was mistaken for a new mold by anyone knowledgeable.

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Hey, let's be fair here. RotF's first two waves weren't exactly stellar either. All the gems came out when the line was already well underway.

3. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    ROTF also saw some reduced size voyagers... ever compare TF1 Starscream to ROTF? Or Battle Blades Optimus to the TF1 voyager.

Supposedly high oil prices were to blame on that occasion, but no doubt Mechtech bares part of the blame this time.

What I don't get is why this only seems to affect voyager class.

4. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Hmm repainted V Ratchet. If official it must be in a 2 pack exclusive to TRU(will sit there for 3 years) or something. Why would they release a deluxe and voyager so close together. Usually it comes years apart. Especially since both have accurate alt mode not like HFDT Ratchet's changes to differentiate it from the Voyager.

5. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Leader Prime: My favorite mold of all-time
    Sideswipe: awesome
    Sideways: awesome with paint
    Starscream: not bad at all
    Rampage: Highly polarizing. I love 'im.
    Skids: (wave 2) not bad at all

6. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I'm actually thinking it has something to do with the engineering. I think they've figured out how to pack a whole lot more robot into a smaller package and they're more concerned about keeping the robot the right size than they are about how big the vehicle mode is.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Nice group shot, though seeing all these stolen toys in one photo really drives home how far people will go to be in the spotlight... Anyways, going to go through this one figure at a time...

Legends Barricade looks nice, I like the paintjob, but I'm not a big fan of the mold, tbh, and already have the original. Don't think I'll get this guy.

Legends Skids ain't bad looking. Not sure I'll get any of his or Mudflap's figures, but I have to say, the green and black look nice.

Green NASCAR continues to look...kinda bland overall. Not sure I'll get him, or any of the other "Wreckers" for that matter. Will wait to see all three of their bot-modes. Might get the Legends figures of them though.

Blue NASCAR looks interesting. Defninitely more armed than his brother. I like his Mechtech weapon, which sorta looks like it will ope up to be a bow. Will wait to see his bot-mode before deciding on him.

Deluxe Skids, like his minime looks good, but I'll definitely be skipping him. Though I will definitely try to find someone willing to sell his weapon.

Deluxe Bumblebee looks good. Will wait to see his properly transformed bot-mode before deciding whether or not I want to finally replace my TF1 Premium Bee. If nothing else, his Mecthech gun looks good.

Deluxe Jolt is still on my to-get list. Looking forward to seeing better pictures of him.

Deluxe Barricade looks nice, but I'll more than likely skip him. Might get a repaint of him if he ever gets a good one.

Deluxe Ratchet isn't looking bad. Not sure if I'll get him or not. Will wait for better pictures to decide.

Deluxe Sideswipe looks interesting, but going off of his alt-mode, I have a bad feeling his bot-mode will have an even bigger backpack than before. alt-mode looks nice, but I don't imagine I'll be getting him, or any of his repaints for that matter. Still trying to get rid of the one I already have.

Deluxe Starscream still looks good, and is still on my to-get list. Only thing that'll stop me from getting this guy will be the revelation of a Skywarp themed repaint of it.

Voyager Optimus Prime looks nice, small, but nice. Probably won't get him, but I'm definitely going to try and find someone willing to sell his gun.

Voyager Ratchet....looks more and more like I was wrong about this thing. Still kinda hoping it's a ko though... If it isn't, than it's at least not a normal, main-line, Voyager figure (the lack of Mechtech weapon).

Voyager Ironhide still looks good. Actually not sure I'll get him anymore. Not that it isn't a good figure, just that I'm thinking about waiting to get one of his inevitable repaints.

Voyager Megs looks good. Doubt I'll get him, as I'm hoping he gets a Leader figure in this line, but if the mold gets a good enough repaint, I might get him and rename him as someone else.

Voyager Shockwave also continues to look good. Will most likely get this figure, unless it's revealed that he's getting a Leader figure.

Voyager copter-bot looks pretty good, well, from what little of it we can actually see. Will most likely get this guy, and probably to kitbash to boot. Looking forward to seeing the bot-mode. Who knows, this might end-up turning out to be Silverbolt.

Leader Sentinel Prime looks good. I love that alt-mode. If the bot-mode is good enough, I think I'll actually get this guy. Would be epic to see some pictures of him next to RID Optimus Prime :D 

All-in-all an interesting group of toys. Can't wait to see better pictures of them. The news coming from Toy Fair should be fan-tastic. Can't wait to see what the Ark looks like.

8. Scottimus

Scottimus That's what she said

can we please stop calling it "Rosenbauer Panther Fire Truck" and just say Sentinel Prime? :stick: 

9. Prowl 2009

Prowl 2009 A Decepticons Downfall

Lov'n that Helicopter and the Firetruck really has peaked my interest as well! :D 

10. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    everything is looking to the Firetruck being Sentinal Prime...

11. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

I think I may be the only one who likes the fact that the new voyagers are so short in Bot Mode. I've been waiting for a short enough voyager rival for Blackout for quite some time; it's good to see I will actually get to choose between many options now. :D 

That being said, I'll be trying to buy as few DOTM toys as possible. I'm really not a fan of the MechTech weapons. While I'm sure they up the Fun Factor, most of them look too clunky in vehicle mode for my tastes. That just leaves more for the rest of you, I suppose. :wink:  I'll fill in the holes in my movie-verse collection (my Decepticons could use an actual leader, and I could use a few more deluxes and scouts) but that's it.

12. tobor

tobor Member

Going to take a wild guess that the navy blue (at least that's how it looks to my eyes) military copter is Soundwave's new earth mode.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's EXTREMELY unlikely. The copter-bot is known to be an Autobot, so unless Soundwave converts over in this film, that would make no sense. Would definitely be a cool alt-mode for him, but I think it's more than likely Silverbolt.

14. tobor

tobor Member

Ah, ok. Sorry. Wasn't aware that a copter autobot had already been confirmed.

15. C0urtn33ch405

C0urtn33ch405 Banned

News Credits:
    Why does it always say forbidden everytime i try to look at new pics? x Can anybody post them somewhere else please? x

16. MNsor

MNsor Well-Known Member

As far as I'm concerned I'd also add Demolishor and Soundwave...

I'm not exactly thrilled by most of the things I've seen so far, but I think it's really far too early to give up hope. This may not be a precocious line, but the 2 previous movie lines spawned a number of fantastic toys in a two years span, so... give it time!

17. Payload MK-2

Payload MK-2 Active Member

The only one's I'm gonna get are the Wreckers, Dreads, and Barricade.

18. reave

reave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has Sentinel Prime been confirmed as the fire truck?

My friend, who worked on the film, assured me that not only was Laserbeak in the film, but that the firetruck was Ultra Magnus. So unless the crew that told him this was spreading Bay misinformation, I don't think we can say if it's Sentinel Prime yet.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    People think EVERY new toy or vehicle we see is Silverbolt.

20. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

Firetruck = Leader Sentinel Prime.