DOTM Ratchet repaint?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ultraq, Jan 16, 2011.

1. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Yeah definitely seems like custom still. The panels are different shades of green, which correspond with some of the different releases of Ratchet. Still nothing that indicates (to me at least) that this is a Hasbro repaint.

2. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes! Hasbro's next biggest thing! A Battle Blades Prime painted . . . and here's the zinger . . . he's painted like Dark of the Moon Ratchet! We'll call him Doc Bot Prime, and I know for sure they won't shelf warm, because every kid and collector around the world wants to buy a toy of the Autobot leader dressed up as the Autobot Chief Medic!

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
  4. neevnav

News Credits:
    This doesn't make it official. It means this guy purchased it from that auction and got duped.

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
  6. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I think, if this is official, it'll be from some store exclusive multipack figure. I mean, with every single other character, including characters who AREN'T IN THE MOVIE getting new molds and fancy mech-tech guns, why on EARTH would a character who's in the movie get a mold that wasn't, at least, remolded to accomidate the gimmick.

I think the deluxe will be our mainline Ratchet for this line. In the robot mode picture that leaked for him a while back, he was the same height as some of the other deluxes but his knees were bent pretty far. So maybe he'd still be pretty tall in robot mode, which is what I really want.

7. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    At this stage, I don't think it's worth the expense of remolding the figure. This is presumably its last hurrah.

My guess why this is apparently happening is Hasbro management probably wanted to have a Ratchet figure available at Voyager class, but the design department want to save the new mold for someone else. The number of voyager molds is limited, but there's always a lot more deluxe to go around.

From what I've seen, Voyager Ironhide and the new Deluxe Ratchet actually look alright together in terms of scale. Given the reduced size of voyagers this time around, and how Ironhide was always supposed to the bigger of the two.

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I can't believe we're still arguing about this thing.

-The main line voyagers are mech-tech, and this obviously lacks any mech-tech retooling.
    -We're getting a new deluxe mold of this character for mech-tech so this being a mainline figure makes even less sense
    -This guy keeps popping up in multiple pictures of leaked products, ergo the odds of it being a lame-ass custom are slim
    -The wtf paint quality is something Hasbro's done before
    -Its a repaint of a figure from a previous movie to represent the character's new look in DOTM

Taking all those shenanigans into account, this is most definitely a store exclusive figure of some sort.

9. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    That's actually a good point. I still hope that this is a KO or custom, but you never know. It's still disappointing that, after three films and all the improvements in engineering Hasbro has done, they couldn't get around to giving us a better voyager Ratchet. I still have some hope that they might revisit him later in the line, but the new deluxe looks like it might be good enough.

I think the new deluxe looks better than the previous one from the NEST line as well. The only downside is the small vehicle mode but that scale really doesn't matter to much to me.

10. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Yeah, they did that on the ROTF line with Voyager Optimus and Megatron. Megatron got the new mold going in, and Optimus got the new mold a year later. So it definitely seems possible.

Too soon to make a final judgement, but the deluxe is look pretty decent so far. One thing it has over the Nest version is an accurate altmode.

11. neevnav

News Credits:
    If this was the case, why is nearly every other figure in the line getting some kind of remold/new version? Even Ironhide, who just went through a partial remold with Recon, and Prime, who got a new mold for HFTD. It doesn't make sense to leave this figure with nothing, and espcially no MechTech, even if it is a store exclusive.

And we haven't seen this mold in several pictuers, just one set, so this photographer could either be the original creator, or have bought it thinking it was legit.

12. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Also, no hip kibble from the looks of it, which makes me a happy panda! If he doesn't have a bunch of visable robot parts sticking out below the alt-mode, he'll be awesome.