DOTM Ratchet repaint?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ultraq, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Looks to me like a custom the paint in on the crouch is incomplete and the green looks just like the green on the origonal so I say custom I hope.

2. hippymule

hippymule Duocon

hasbro makes half assed repaints so I wouldn't doubt if this is real. the colors are horrible, the mold is horrible, the mold needs to be destroyed! but hasbro loves to waste valuable voyager class slots with repaints

3. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Where the F*** is the Mech Alive gimmick for ROTF?

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I was really hoping he would get a new Voyager class figure. Looks like I might just be getting the Deluxe figure now. If they were just going to do another repaint, they could have at least got his new color scheme right. It's like they decided they didn't like the green color, so they replaced it with his previous shad of yellow.

5. ultramagnus64

ultramagnus64 holder of the matrix

a repaint of the same mold meh why cant think fix somethings wrong with the mold, or better yet make a new mold they seem to do it with everyone else

6. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Look, I'm not saying that it IS a custom, I'm just saying that "It's so bad/lazy" isn't a good reason to rule out it being a custom when we know that this line is getting a Deluxe Ratchet (at least earlier than the voyager) and that Hasbro clearly wants all the figures to have Mechtech weapons and there is clearly no place for an included Mechtech weapon in vehicle mode (unless, maybe if you take off the top rack but all the other voyagers had multiple ports).

Maybe, like someone said above, this will be included in some store exclusive multipack. That I could buy. But this being the official Voyager Ratchet of this line? Nope, I don't believe it.

Isn't there a difference between a passive gimmick like Mech Alive and an active gimmick like Mechtech? The gimmick is SO active, it was included in the descriptions of the toys itself in TRU's system.

7. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I wouldn't.

I think it most likely is an official Hasbro product, and I certainly hope it is some form of exclusive rather than a wide release. I don't want to see these things everywhere. Those initial waves always seem to arrive in vast quantities.

I think the badness of the repaint is enough to rule it out as a custom in that it has all the hallmarks of mass-produced bad, rather than custom bad.

8. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Whoo, keep on pumping out those molds from...4 years ago. And a crappy mold at that in this case.

9. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    yeah

10. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

This < Cancer
    I'm thinking custom. Something about the paint apps aren't clean enough.

11. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    Ratchet is so dead in dotm

12. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand expectations for the DOTM Doc Bot have been crushed.

I'm actually okay with the new paint scheme, but for all that is holy, do I need to hire an assassin to literally kill off this mold, Hasbro?

This is probably the first Transformers toy line where I'm not that impressed with, though there are a few exceptions. Looks like this is more money I can use on Generations toys. :D 

13. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    What is the deal, Hasbro? You give use a new Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream, and Ironhide every movie. But what about Ratchet? Does he not deserve a new mold like the others?

They gave us that Deluxe Class Ratchet which did have proper legs, but it wasn't the correct sizing with the rest of the Autobots.

This is a big disappointment....

14. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Um ... yeah, disappoint, Hasbro.

15. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    What? *loads shotgun* I hope that they didn't do this YET AGAIN.

I Would have bought ROTF Ratchet but the lame colour scheme put me off. Why they couldn't just re-release or re-produce TF1 Ratchet was beyond me. I bet ROTF Ratchet is still on the shelves in Symths as I speak.

16. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I really was hoping for a new Voyager mold for this guy... Sigh, well i haven't picked up this mold yet, maybe I'll cave if the actual results aren't half-assed like that picture.

17. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    IMO, the accuracy is so low that I have to call fake. Sure not everything is 100% accurate e.g. ROTF Leader prime flames (not pin-striped and not covering whole areas properly) but for the most part you can put it next to a picture and think "yeah, this is pretty accurate". Not this. So I call fake. And I'm willing to be stubborn about this.

18. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    It looks like a genuine TF3 toy. Maybe the toy company believes the symbols on the car will help sell the toy ? I can already imagine a kid being sure he has no Ratchet with symbols yet and uses the symbols to convince the parents to buy Ratchet again for the upteenth time.
    It is also possible that in the early drafts of TF3, symbols were supposed to be used but the symbols were dropped later from TF3.

19. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

Do hope this is fake somehow, if anyone needs a new voyager toy its Ratchet.

If real this'd be the 5th or 6th repaint yes?

20. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the deluxe mold - only toy I have of movie ratchet - but believe a voyager retool (like Ironhide) is definitely due.

Honestly thought by this time, they would apply the more accurate ideas of the deluxe molds & use the extra space on the voyager size to improve on the transformations & bot mods...