DOTM Optimus primes TOO MANY!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mixmastah, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    thats a great idea but the cost is the problem theyre $20 to $22 each thats hella expensive if you plan to donate more than 1

but I think the amount that we have right now is insane. my Walmart is so packed full of them its nuts every single Voyager is a Prime. I havnt seen a Shockwave or anyone else in months

2. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure what line you're comparing it to that makes "only 6" so low, since that's exactly the same number of unique Voyager molds as for the last two movie toylines at an equivalent point in the line...

- TFTM07 unique Voyager molds, by the fourth wave - Blackout, Ratchet, Starscream, Ironhide, Megatron, Optimus Prime = 6 new molds

- RotF unique Voyager molds, by the fourth wave - Demolishor, Starscream, The Fallen, Megatron, Mixmaster, Stratosphere = 6 new molds

- DotM unique Voyager molds, by the fourth wave - Ironhide, Megatron, Optimus Prime, Shockwave, Skyhammer, Sentinel Prime = 6 new molds

3. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, but he's complaining that at any one time, you're liable to see a majority of the figures on the shelf as being Optimus Prime. Shelfwarming, if you will.

4. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

My problem isn't the infinite number of Primes... it's that Hasbro is deathly afraid of releasing a Prime in any coloration but red and blue. It's rather irritating. I love both the Nemesis Prime/Scourge and Ultra Magnus colorations, especially over "slightly darker red and blue."

Part of the problem is that in DotM, the character choices feel repetitive. 1/2 of those DotM molds are characters who have gotten Voyagers before, and 2/3 of those are very similar to the past molds (only Megatron has a new alt-mode, Prime and Ironhide turn into the exact same thing they've turned into in the past two lines. To top that off, I personally like their older molds better, but that's purely my preference).

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Why are we complaining about optimus when Bee is clearly the #1 perpetrator?

6. HulksmashU

HulksmashU Multiversal-Conqueror

Yes, but their is FAR too many voyager optimus's! damn man at one of my mocal walmarts i wish i could show you guys! in the main section they dont have many voyagers but they are all optimus and than we go to what is the clearance section and they litterly have an ARMY of voyager optimus's! i can tell you without exagerating they probrably have over 100 voyager primes, and not 1 Sentinel (which i am hiding at a Target)

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    But you can army build with optimus now!

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Just started doing the inventory of my collection and I realized that I already had 102 different DOTM transformable toys (no repaints except Thundercracker and Skywarp and no repaints from previous lines). Amongst them:

-15 different versions of Optimus Prime
    -13 different versions of Bumblebee

9. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Seems like with each successive movie, they try to come up with one new toy that will out-undersell one from the previous.

My nearest toy store, and it's not that big, LITERALLY has 25 Voyager Primes and one Shockwave.

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Same here, except no Shockwave.

11. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    True. At a Wal-Mart I went to, there wasa bout 3 Optimuses and one Skyhammer.

12. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    There may be a lot of Optimus figures, but the only character I'll say has too many is Bumblebee.

13. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    Haven't we had this thread a hundred times over since DotM toys came out? Optimus Prime is the most well known character, so Hasbro is going to push that to try to make money. Now to wait til TF: P toys come out to hear this all again...

14. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    What you saw is perfectly normal; voyager optimus figures come in 3 to 1 ratio per case, if i recall correctly.

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    True, although frankly I plan on donating at the very least one voyager Prime to toys for tots this holiday season. And if EVERYBODY on here donated at least one Voyager Prime, that would put a significant dent in the overstock numbers while also giving needy children a toy of the famous Autobot leader.

16. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    That's excellent thinking.