DotM Leader Class ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by alexcollier, Apr 18, 2011.

1. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    You need to break his neck. They all basically come that one. One quick hard turn will break the glue. I think its been labeled as the Segal technique.

2. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here they are together in vehicle mode.. I think they are not really in scale. Ironhide's Topkick looks too big with Prime's truck.. Look at the doors on Prime, that is roughly the size/height of a normal man. Ironhide's doors look really huge, so my opinion, they are not to scale, close, but Ironhide is just scaled too big here...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Dude, I am so jealous of your buster Prime.

Although the topkick is much larger than your average pickup, and is practically big rig sized, he is just a tad too big. Should only be a bit narrower than Prime, but he actually looks wider.

Thanks again for the pics. Helps make my decision to own or not own a bit easier. Had he been a bit smaller so as to measure up properly, I'd have gotten him. Now that I know he's too big, I'll pass.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

For reference on how big Ironhide should be next to Prime. We don't have a version of him that measures up to the Leader class Prime. A voyager might measure up to Ultimate Prime. The Deluxe measures up to Battle Blades, but he's too small next to Bee. Yet, I don't want Ultimate Optimus to be my definitive Optimus. I may as well forget scale and just go with the best version of each character.

5. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    I would go with Movie 1 'Hide with ROTF 'Hide's cannons.

6. imranbecks

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats how I buy my movie TF toys... The last thing on my mind is scale with one another as I only get the toys that look really or look closest to the CGI.. Thats the reason till now, I do not have any movie Megatron figures since all his movie figures so far look like cr@p.. Whether its scout. voyager or leader.. And his current DOTM voyager mold is not even close to being movie accurate.. Hopefully there would be a nice leader DOTM Megatron..

7. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That would be amazing. We have yet to get a leader Decepticon, unless you count Sentinel Prime, which I don't. I agree that there really hasn't been a good Megatron so far, EXCEPT for the DoTM voyager, which isn't as accurate as you can be but it's still an amazing toy. Despite some inaccuracies, I still highly recommend it.

But yeah, I want a leader of that since it's by far my favorite Megs design so far.

8. imranbecks

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty sure Hasbro would do it sooner or later... They are probably in the midst of designing it now... There was another Leader Decepticon other than Megatron... Many people tend to forget abt this guy.... Remember Leader Class Brawl from the first movie toy line? Another good leader figure...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I tend to forget about him just since I've had him for so long, but he is still one of my favorite leader-class figures! So many awesome weapons and I love those claw hands he has.

As for leader 'Hide, I can't get enough of his badassery!

[​IMG]

And yes, he can actually still stand up while in this kicking pose.

10. nyerk

nyerk Well-Known Member

Okay, I have been trying for the past hour to unstick Ironhide's head, with no success. I have blow-dried around the neck for probably at least 2 minutes, and it still won't budge at all! I've also tried scraping around with a hobby knife, with no results... Any ideas?

11. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Heat it up longer, with more direct heat, I got mine done in a couple of minutes..popped the shoulder pads off, put his head in a vice, applied heat and gently started twisting in the vice. It didn't ever make a crack noise, the glue melted.

12. nyerk

nyerk Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks! I didn't know it was safe to use that much force until now. Alright Ironhide, time for round two...

13. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Just got mine. Very cool figure... but I have some issues. :( 

I broke his neck to articulate him, but every time I rotate it, it slides forward. I feel like I didn't free up his head, but might've damaged it.

Second, I'm not sure if I just did it wrong or what, but I could NOT get his front end to line up for the life of me. I've only transformed him once, however, so I'm going to try again with the instructions, and give it a few more goes before I get annoyed.

Lastly, his right hip's side-to-side swivel does not ratchet. At all. Swings freely. Left hip is just fine.

Aside from these, I love this figure. The gatling gun in his chest is just absolutely awesome. I also like pairing him with Backfire in weapon mode. Looks rather good.

I also wish the lever on the back of his head wasn't there - the chest button works just fine, and I don't hit it by accident.

14. imranbecks

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Try watching the transformation videos of Leader Ironhide at YouTube.. They are pretty helpful...

15. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I used the instructions and got a better sequence of steps... he lines up better now. Still annoyed at that lack of ratchet in his one hip.

16. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

Overall i think this is a terrific figure. While the transformation is simpler than other leaders it is very fun and satisfying. Both modes look awesome and my only major complaint is the flap on his left arm cannon flopping around so easily.

17. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got my Leader Ironhide today & while he does have "Glue neck" it doesn't bother that much. all his ratcheted joints seem fine & electronics are ok (should've used a better voice though) I do have one issue I haven't yet been able to successfully transform him into the alt mode though that could be me. if he was the "easy" leader fig I don't think I should invest in any more of them.

18. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this guy starts to look so much better after you take the battle mask off and give him some proper paint details. i dont understand why they seem to randomly pick areas to paint and not paint. gold strips up the side of the face? waaaaat?

transformation was a snap for me. i didnt even look at the instructions i just folded the legs up and arms back, it was easy to figure out past that point.

19. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The dimensions are similar, but put them side by side is not very good, the proportions are different. Ironhide seems larger...

20. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I REALLY wish he was smaller and a bit stockier. Some key areas, like the ankles, waist, and lower torso are actually longer and thinner than they should be, which makes him hard to put next to other figures. He works great with my Human Alliance Wreckers though!