Minor/Repaint: DOTM Half-Track/Sandstorm Roll Cage to Cannon Conversion

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Pudglor Shmormuff, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

Hey guys!

It's been a while, I've been really eager to get my hands on this figure ever since this little conversion popped into my head- so here it is: Converting DOTM Half-Track/Sandstorm's roll cage into a dual cannon.

DOTM Sandstorm/Half-Track, to me, is a sweet little figure- and I figured he deserved a badass upgrade- so here's how ya do it:

1) Go to Menards (which is where I went, but anywhere you can find these) and get some wire crimp electrical terminal ends- they sell them in little bags and they're for electrical connections between wires. (I guess? I'm not a handy man, I just found them and thought they'd work well for gun barrel ends...lol)

Size: 22-16 AWG/0.250"

2) Cut the front section of the upper roll cage section off.

4) Remove the metal piece from the wire terminal, and pop/shove the red/colored piece onto the ends of the remaining roll cage bars- no super glue or anything else required- it's a tight fit.

5) Unscrew the lower roll cage bars from his waist, and re-install the screws afterwards.

6) Do a little dance, and you're done! XD

Pretty simple, and IMO it works really well for him- and he can still transform just fine- no issues at all.

I also have Sandstorm on the way, and he's definitely in line for this modification. ^_^

Attached Files:

2. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Like it, looks like the start of Ruckus perhaps.