DOTM Deluxe Crankcase

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus1138, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been searching for a Deluxe Crankcase with the right serial numbers for the unclipped or remolded fingers ever since the beginning of the summer, but have had no luck, and am thinking I might never find it. Has anyone ordered Crankcase from Amazon, especially recently? If so, was it clipped, unclipped, or remolded? What do you think the odds are of me receiving an unclipped or remolded one if I order him some time in the next few weeks? I don't care if it's got the long middle fingers or the remolded hands; I just wouldn't be able to get past the clipped finger if I got the wrong one.

2. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know how kosher this is or not, but I'll attach a link to an old thread over on Seibertron. If that's a no-no the mods can delete this or something.

I bought one on day one of their release (May 16th) blissfully ignorant of the clipped vs. non-clipped situation. I bought a 10601 and would later realize this was one of the clipped versions. I happened upon the thread that I'm linking to, which actually let me know I had been ripped off.

So I went to Walmart and got a 10561, which had the unclipped version.

So, long story short, my admittedly anecdotal experience was that 10561 comes with unclipped fingers. The numbers near the later pages of the linked thread seem to bear out which numbers are safe. I can't tell you what the numbers are for a remolded one, but 10561 seems safe. I still see that product code at local (Mid-MI) Walmarts that are still packed to the gills with first wave DOTM stuff, although it's been a little while since I last checked.

You may have to hunt, but I think it's still plentiful.

Hope that helps some.

LINK

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  3. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, but I had already known about the serial numbers. I was mainly asking what people had gotten when they ordered from Amazon, since I obviously can't check the serial numbers that way.

4. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
  5. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have any more of the unclipped ones, but it seems like there should be a possibility of them having the newer, remolded ones. Would that be at all likely?

6. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Maybe. The only way to know would be if someone on here who has bought one recently from Amazon says one way or the other. Even then it is still possible to get a clipped one.