DOTM 1st exhibition ever held in Brazil SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Brazilian, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Brazilian

Brazilian Well-Known Member

THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS

Michael Bay just showed up for the first exhibition of DOTM held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil this sunday June 19th. The exhibition was closed to media professionals. Here is a translation of the matter published by the brazilian website Ometete.com (wrote by Marcelo Forlani)

Omelete.com just left the first exhibition in the world of the movie Transformers Dark of the Moon. The exhibition in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, counted with the presence of the director Michael Bay who entered the room to thank everyone and said he was excited and proud of what he just made. After talking to the media professionals from the Latin America on the other room Bay came back to the brazilian room to watch the movie, but he didn't stay until the end. Probably even he couldn't afford all the noise he put on the third act.

Dividing the picture in three acts seemed to be a technical mistake since the whole movie is a enormous climax. Shot after shot it increases the volume, the battles, the damages caused by the robot's clashes in the Earth.

The 3D uses impresses from the first scene, when Autobots and Decepticons battles in their native planet. In this scene is possible to figure the size of the extinct mechanical planet of both factions, Cybertron. Action sequences aren't amiss. It happens in the air, on the highway, in the city, specially in Chicago where the destruction is giant.

To those who liked the first movie and disapproved the mess of the second one we can say that DOTM returns to the point where the franchising started. The humor and action are a little more balanced. But when talking about Michael Bay there is nothing smaller than the gigantic what turns the experience exhausting to those who don't have anymore so much passion for the robots in disguise.

Before I forget a detail: Megan Fox isn't missed a bit. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is beautiful, runs, screams (with british accent, what is an extra atractive) and follows Sam (Shia LaBeouf) everywhere. The former Victoria's Secret's model also appears walking on underpants and loose shirt facing back to the camera. That was expected from Michael Bay, who would work as a mechanic if he wasn't a cineast, that would explain his passion for cars.

(this last line is a joke since in Brazil auto mechanics are known for having posters of nude girls all over the work place)

I'll translate more relevant matters as they come out.

2. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Thanks for doing this!

3. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Im already hopeful... from this basic description this sounds like what I want... first movie style with more bots and action. A gigantic climax... sounds about right!

4. mattimus

mattimus Well-Known Member

what i love about my computer is if i go to a foreign site it asks me if i want it to translate the text :)  so lets get to reading

5. brains

brains Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like the reviewer was worn down from the action scenes. I'm guessing there will be a lot of reviews like this in the coming week. I can already hear Ebert complaining about how loud the movie was.

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    worn down from action scenes in an action movie? How can this be? At least it sounds like it wont be like Avatar. Long ass movie with one action set piece.

7. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair, Omelete was always critical of the franchise.

8. mattimus

so wait there are 3 seprete action sequences?? :) 

9. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    No, its just that the movie being as long as it is, is thought of as 3 separate acts. The beginning third, the middle and the last third of the movie. You generally have something major happen in each of these act. Example... opening will show how the Ark got to earth and show some early action then that third of the movie will play out with smaller bot action here and there. The middle third of the movie will have the DC Attack as the main battle while that portion of the movie continues on with again, more smaller action scenes. Then the last third of the movie will be the Chicago battle as the rest of the movie plot unfolds. The Chicago Act/battle is about 63 minutes long.

10. mattimus

damn that is a long ass battle 63 MINUTES wow thats bad ass now im really excited knowing that the chicago scene is that long

11. VaderPrime1

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Oh, God. Don't remind me. I can't stand him. He needs to retire.

12. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

Please, he's gona find the fountain of youth after Dark of the Moon allows him to finally shit out that unicorn he has shoved in his arse...that and he gets to see his native Chicago blown to smithereens :ev: 

13. Brazilian

Brazilian Well-Known Member

If it really gets back to the vibe of the first movie then it will be awesome!

14. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    I didn't want to risk reading spoilers in the replies so can anyone tell me if the review is good? If so better than the first one?

15. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

They said it was good, that the Twins really stole the show this time.

16. VaderPrime1

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    That right there will be the only reason he give it a bad review, regardless of how he thinks the rest of the movie is. He's so biased it's not even funny.

17. Browns2212

Browns2212 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have such an Ebert joke but its so tasteless I don't think I should say it......