Don't order from YaHobby

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ubertenorman, Mar 2, 2017.

1. ubertenorman

ubertenorman Well-Known Member

Dunno if this is the right place for this but I'd like to share my terrible experience with YaHobby as a warning.

However reputable they once were they're currently not a credible retailer. I ordered a Planet X Neptune a couple months ago and apparently it was out of stock, even though there was no indication of this at the time. Even now you can purchase one-go ahead, add it to your cart and try to buy it. If you don't notice the SOLD OUT in the title (added after my encounter with them) you'd never know they don't have any in stock.

I waited a few weeks for my order to stop "processing" and sent a few emails but never got a response. Finally I sent a complaint through Paypal to no response. After a month I filed a claim and after the required ten days I got a refund through Paypal. I received no response from YaHobby at any time besides some automated emails. Eventually my order was deleted from the site (without any notice) and the SOLD OUT was added to the title of this listing. I'm pretty sure that was an automated response to my paypal claim. I'm pretty sure no one is monitoring this site or at least their email accounts. As far as I can tell there have been no product updates on the site since the beginning of November.

Maybe I'm wrong and there was a misunderstanding in which case I'd like an explanatory email and an apology. But I'm not holding my breath.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The only way I have ever been able to get any response out of them is to initiate a dispute through paypal. They will certainly answer you back when their money is in limbo. I won't order from them again.

• Like Like x 2
  3. KabutoRyder

KabutoRyder www.taurianfilms.com

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Really? Wow. I was just checking their page and had planned on ordering some stuff, glad I saw this post before that.

4. RoDu

RoDu Well-Known Member

is this still the case, looking for Fans Toys blue Soar, they're the only ones who have it that I can find

5. cybertronwarriors

cybertronwarriors @cybertronwarriors on Instagram

Instagram:
    Same. I forgot how I got my money back. I think PayPal initiated a refund from them. Never again.

6. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

I tried to order a grand Galvatron from them back in... January and he turned our to be out of stock, but I was sent a notice of the order cancellation with in a two days.

7. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

EDITED

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  8. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

Is this turning into Premium Collectibles, Part 2?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

I don't think it could be even close to that fiasco.

• Like Like x 4
  10. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

To those of you who were curious, I received my confirmation and the package is inbound. Apparently they had some website trouble, but it seems that's all remedied.

As I stated before, the emails are polite and professional with proper grammar. They have restored my confidence, so its looking like a legitimate site that you can buy from.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  11. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

EDITED

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  12. Negronicus

Negronicus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can someone explain that for those of us who are curious and have no idea what Premium Collectibles is?

13. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    in a nutshell, they were originslly a decent store (great prices, sloooowwwww shipping) but apparently they went rogue... and theyre REALLY good at it. they are awesome at finding ways to thwart stop payments and the like.

14. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Sounds similar to what’s going on now with Anime Island.

15. Del Smith

Del Smith Active Member

Wish I would have seen this thread before, was looking everywhere for tfc cyberjaw, ordered from yahobby, been a week, and it still just says payment accepted, tried to contact them several times, so far no answer, all I want is the last 2 members of Poseidon, desperation can be a dangerous thing, hell went through 3 eBay sellers trying to find deathclaw, so far all have cancelled, and refunded saying it's not in stock.

16. Iron Apostle

Iron Apostle New Member

Twitter:
    Re:TFC Seacons; I feel your pain. If it helps BBTS seems to have a bunch on preorder again, so they seem to have another shipment coming from somewhere. Even had cyberjaw :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Del Smith

Del Smith Active Member

Thanks for the heads up, managed to get ahold of the yahobby guy on Facebook, says it should be in, and ship in early May, plenty of time to file with PayPal if they don't get him by mid May, otherwise gotta wait for July for bbts.
    On the plus side, got my first feral rex member(Leo Dux) coming to distract me from the wait lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

I bought the TW devy from them...they forgot to ship to me when it was in stock. I was able to get a response and a discount :) ...but I won't shop from them regularly.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Del Smith

Del Smith Active Member

Yeah, once I get cyberjaw, I too am done with them.

20. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

UPDATED: Yahobby has lost all my confidence. They were unable to help me with a very small request, and extremely unresponsive. I had to open a dispute to get their attention. Do not order from them.