Don't know what to do !!!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Rob3880, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Rob3880

Rob3880 Well-Known Member

He's already pre-ordered.. I hope he's out soon so I can display him next to KFC's Ultra Magnus, MP-01, and MP Rodimus. That will be an awesome looking quartet.

2. Toonimator

Toonimator Well-Known Member

…even if you've never played the game (like me!), Caelus is a great Classics Dinobot. Not 'perfect' (in a similar way to how Steel Core, another greatly-admired figure, isn't 'perfect'--swivel wrists would've been nice, among other things), but incredible quality and looks swell next to Hasbro Grimlock, Takara Grimlock, and I think even Platinum Grimlock? (not sure on that one)

HOWEVER, as someone who tends to kill my bank account with the death of a thousand cuts, buying a bunch of small things, then realizing I can't buy anything big for awhile… if I had $400 right now and the options you listed, plus the testimonies of so many owners here, I'd go for Green Giant.

3. diecast17

diecast17 Well-Known Member

Well at least I know you have good taste, because you already have Kronos on order. Those 4 will look awesome together That is for sure.

I also have Green Giant and he is awesome as well.

4. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    just out of curiosity, who do you generally order from?

5. Rob3880

BBTS for most stuff, especially where pre-orders are involved. Toy Dojo or Acestoystore for the stuff BBTS doesn't have.

6. Jehsee

Jehsee Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to be you'd be so happy with Giant, you might consider selling Herc... so in the end, no money spent and possibly money made. Seriously.. he's that good. DO IT!! Giant is worth having.

7. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Either of these two things would be 400 well spent:

[​IMG]

Alternatively you can get three/out of five of the feralcons and make this:

[​IMG]
    Which I'd probably recommend more honestly. Nice as GG and M3 are (and having a complete set for less than 400 is cool) the feralcons are just on a whole other level to them. Even if it takes you a while to get the money to buy Talon and Tigris, it'll be well worth it especially since as individual figures Leo, Bovis and Fortis are some of the best we've ever had, combiner or not.

8. BulletSponge

BulletSponge A guy with way too many toys...

As much as I respect Lazy's advice, I'd still have to say Giant. I have my green giant in individual bot modes with my classics display and they fit in perfectly.

I'll PM you a picture since I'm on my phone and it limits attachments to 1 MB

9. Rob3880

I actually do have all the items you suggested, and love them all.

10. Rob3880

I just ordered Green Giant from BBTS. Hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week. Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Can't wait to finally get this thing. This and MP-11 were two of my grails, so getting them both (and Citizen Stack, finally a MP sized UM) within a week of each other is amazing! Now I just need to sell off the rest of my Marvel Legends collection so I can stash away money for everything else that's coming out. Bring on Quantron!

11. Rob3880

Do you Giant owners recommend getting the Reprolabels set ?

12. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Yep. He's great out the box but he becomes absolutely gorgeous with the set.

I think it was $35 total for all three sheets for the six bots.

Fair warning some of them are pretty tricky to apply due to their size or shape, the barrel ones in particular stressed me the hell out and you could easily lose some of the super tiny ones if you aren't careful. :lol 

13. Rob3880

I've gotten used to tiny stickers as of late, having bought quite a few Japanese Arms Micron figures. And not only are those stickers tiny, they're flimsy and didn't stick well at all... which makes it even worse. I had to glue half of them on :banghead:  After those, and the stickers for the KO Brownings, I feel like I can handle anything sticker-wise. :D  Those shall be my next purchase.

So after that I've still got another $40. to spend. I don't have a Seaspray or Powerglide, so can anyone recommend the Maketoys Bomber and Hover? Not many reviews for these guys, and they don't get mentioned much.. Are they the same size as Trashtalk and Cogwheel? Any info or suggestions on these would be awesome. I wanted to get a Xtransbots Powerglide but can't find one.

14. Jehsee

Jehsee Well-Known Member

Don't you dare. He's a work of art right out of the box. Don't put all that ninja-turtle stuff on him... please?

15. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    My vote is Green Giant. You literally cannot go wrong with them.

16. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also have Herc as my Devastator and was an early adopter for Yellow Giant (sold as sets A, B and C before they released the Green Giant set).

Why? because I wanted to have both molds and enjoy the great engineering that both had to offer.

To further distinguish Yellow Giant from Herc I made him into the Autobot Sixbuilder. Just painted all the purple parts and eyes blue and slapped some Autobot symbols on. Done :thumbs2: 

17. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

18. Kero

Kero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Green Giant is great. There's nothing like opening up a box set. I used to have MT Bomber/Hover, but sold them off when I dumped my classics collection for MP. They feel terrific and look MUCH better than the Igear ones, which strangely got more love on the boards. Hover's transformation isn't the smoothest (arms sometimes pop off), but they look exactly like I would want them to. They are a bit small though. I'm not sure about size comparisons, but I think I saw them compared on the Trashtalk Cogwheel thread.

19. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Good job on picking Giant. I know Hercules has a special place in your heart but Giant really is way better IMO

20. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

I have 2 Hercs, a YG, and a GG. Considering whether or not to pick up a second GG.