Don't buy Power of the Primes Rodimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ltcolonel97062, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nems

Nems Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Honestly, he's the weaker of the two leaders we have so far, but he's still a pretty fun toy. Flawed, yes, but still fun.

• Like Like x 2
  2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tbh I'm really on the fence...the figure looks nice but...

1. He looks good from the front but terrible from the top...the orange shoulders...I hope some 3P can find done way to fix this?

2. Buddies who got him says the plastic feels thin?

3. The stickers don't conform on some of the curved surfaces...at least a fellow collector told me.

3. IceCreamCyborg

IceCreamCyborg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OP is like: "Protocol be DAMNED! I got to get online & join that forum & warn them all! I will NOT let this toy ruin anyone else's day! They're all in danger!!!"

This might not make any sense but this is how I feel about maple syrup & im passionate about it. I show up out of no where & I try to explain to people that that "goop" (he tell me) coming out the bottle is crap & not real, & that the maple syrup that pours out like liquid is the good stuff. No matter how hard I try to warn people, I get cussed out & kicked out of IHOP.

Maybe the OP can come around & see how PotP rodimus fits for a lot of people

• Like Like x 6
  4. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't been able to pull the trigger on either of these figures. Optimus is just a poor man's mp10 which I've owned for years now I just want him for the matrix gimick. Rodimus looks weaker then Optimus and I have mp rodimus and hotrod already so do I need another? $100 for two kind of weak figures is is a little steep. I'm more interested in seeing what these molds are retooled as and then maybe buying the retool instead.

5. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Op. You can atleast give details on rants like this. Your post is worthless and tells us nothing.

• Like Like x 7
  6. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    so instead of jumping up and down like some of the others, im going to ask whats wrong with him, i havent seen him in person yet new zealand wont get him intill march so its good to know the ups and downs

• Like Like x 1
  7. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

I like POTP Rodimus Prime. He isn't perfect but its a decent representation of the character.

To answer you question about what is wrong with POTP Rodimus Prime, here are all the complaints I've heard:

1. He is a parts-former. His arms has to be taken completely off the motor home for the transformation so you aren’t transforming it as much as you are taking it apart and putting it back together differently

2. fake car hood chest in Hotrod's bot mode. It's a personal pet peeve for some Transformers fan of having fake altmode parts in robot mode.

3. The thighs as shoulders arms look unusual.

4. There is a color difference between Hotrod's legs and the Rodimus' arms - two contrasting shades of red

5. Rodimus Prime's back in robot mode has a huge empty, hollow trailer shell that looks incomplete when seen from the back view

6. Rodimus Prime is big and chunky in robot mode. Some people say that Rodimus Prime's chest sticks out too much in robot mode

7. His transformer from robot to alt mode is difficult with a lot of small tabs

8. He has a lot of foil stickers and some fans hate the foil stickers. Plus, with some POTP Rodimus toys the foil stickers are slanted and not on straight. Poor quality control by Hasbro

9. His arms don’t come forward further enough to be able to properly hold his rifle in both hands. He has to hold his rifle almost perfectly horizontally

10. While POTP Optimus Prime's Matrix is in his chest as it should be, Rodimus Prime's Matrix is located inside his body all the way internally and to some people it seems that Rodimus is trying to digest his

11. Rodimus Prime in robot mode has fins hanging off his forearm that bothers a lot of people

• Like Like x 2
  8. Backbeat

Backbeat Well-Known Member

Your not my space Winnebago supervisor!

Besides, I'm waiting for the evil one.

• Like Like x 3
  9. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hi,

I spent £1,000 (1k pound sterling) on the PotP Leader class Rodimus Prime and was reduced to tears by how bad the figure was. I am holding you, OP, responsible for not delivering this grave warning sooner and also holding you responsible for reimbursing me on monies lost on this venture. Please send me your bank details ASAP.

Warm regards,
    Oscar Pitwilsonstein

• Like Like x 22
  10. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    Too late. :p 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got 'em both at the same time. While Rodimus is the weaker figure of the two, I have no regrets. I didn't have a Rodimus Prime at all before, just a couple of Rodimus figures from Classics and CW, which should actually both be Hot Rod. This one is better, and truer to the character IMHO, than both.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Say that he's a crap figure (I disagree) all you want, but no one likes being told what to buy.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  11. beardy

beardy Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Unfortunately, most figures employ such tactics now.
    The combiner wars cars, MP10, MP39 and TR prime spring to mind...

12. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 F.T.C

News Credits:
    Don't watch an anime called Boku*, but this time it's Rodimus Prime edition

*there's an obvious reason I didn't link on the video

• Like Like x 3
  13. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    This.

14. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Too Late, I already wasted my money, bought this amazing toy, and I love it. Hasbro, if you are reading this, you rock! keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Thank you for the advice OP
    I
    wont buy
    him.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Booga

Booga Well-Known Member

Is today a Mod vacation day?

• Like Like x 3
  17. steelsalami

steelsalami Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFW.

• Like Like x 3
  18. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

I see that pre-orders for Unicronus Prime is going for more than POTP Rodimus Prime. Bigbadtoystore has Unicronus for $10 more than Optimus. Guess it is because Rodimus will be sold in wave 1 and wave 3 and Unicronus will only be available in wave 2 but at same time Unicronus is just a straight redeco of Rodimus.

19. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hasbro, if you’re reading this i’ve Fed both cats and changed the litter tray. Spencer is going to the toilet more frequently than i’d expect. Might be nothing but worth a check up at the vets. I’ve left the keys in the greenhouse. Hope you’ve had a wonderful time away and will talk soon no doubt xoxo

• Like Like x 9
  20. badbadryan

badbadryan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I understand that this is a forum for a fandom that spans decades with so many different styles and preferences of collecting. I also get that people are allowed to have their opinion on whatever they want and others can take or leave that opinion for what its worth. I do not understand why if you do not like a figure, toy line, or whatever, you would find it necessary to post a new thread consisting of a short sentience of honestly nonsense IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.