Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) - Problem? Help!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by AnAutobot1985, Jan 13, 2015.

1. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

So I recently bought Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii. I got around to playing it today, and I had an issue in 1-S Cranky Kong's Shop. The load time was painfully slow in the shop! It took a good minute for each response to text and whatever I was pressing, so long in fact that I kept thinking it froze. I found that pausing and unpausing solved this wait time (however it was still a pain to deal with). Other than that the game seems to be running fine. Anyone know anything about this? I'm not sure if it is a disc problem, hard drive problem, or what. I've never had a single issue with the Wii console before. Any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

2. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Haunting Your Nightmares in HD

How old is your system? Was it a used system or a brand new one when you got it?

Nintendo systems usually last a good while as long as they're not banged around by kids or something, so I'm not sure age has anything to do with it. It could be a problem with the disc. There might be problems if it's a previously used copy.

3. AnAutobot1985

It is the red anniversary edition. I bought it used on eBay a long time ago, and I use it all the time for games and Netflix without issues.

The game was bought brand new.

4. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Haunting Your Nightmares in HD

Only an issue with one game that's brand new, but the system is used?

I'm not sure, then. It sounds like it'd be a problem with the disc, but if it's brand new it should be in good condition.

5. AnAutobot1985

That's what I don't understand. The disc is mint of course. I'm wondering if maybe it is defective? Maybe someone else had this problem? It's a mystery as of right now.

6. Menasor

Menasor Jibba Jabberin' Automod

Wii's can have issues with their disc drives so maybe you're seeing some early signs of that. Do you have any problems like this while playing other games? The most logical explanation is what others have said with the Donkey Kong disc itself having problems, but there's always that chance it's hardware related as well.