Don Murphy producer post

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ErbFan28, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Or they could introduce a new faction, like the Predacons maybe.

2. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I really don't know what to think, I was hoping for a reboot so we could get new designs for the Transformers (don't get me wrong, I love the designs they have now), because seeing the same design on the big screen and on the toy selves over and over gets old. Pretty much, I see having the same designs as a good thing and a bad thing.

I glanced at Don's post, and this is the response I'll give him: :rolleyes2 

3. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

Really enjoyed the new film. Think the ending with megatron and starscream going down, opens the door for galvatron to lead the cons with the deep dark being unicron.. well that's just what I'd like to see.

4. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see were he's coming from a little...but it's not fare for him to say that others don't know better. There are very creative people out in the world who will NEVER work in Hollywood because they aren't related/know anyone in Hollywood. Not to sound like a smartass, but Hollywood doesn't have all the right answers or stories.

5. Mutantx

Mutantx Well-Known Member

I would like to see new TF designs. I remember when the 1st movie came out and people were saying that the TF characters looked like Bionicle and Spawn...3 movies later I guess people forgot and now take this for the norm and are used to it.
    I'm used to it- and among other things that suck and I am used to- I am not buying the toys of it. Go figure.

6. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Wow....I see his point but to throw out F-bombs to the fans and basically give them the bird? What a moron.

Designs are fine imo. Just keep doing what you are doing though and more bots :p 

7. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    last time I checked don it was called transformers, not some dude and his girlfriends or G.I joe ya jack ass!

8. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh, I forgot that it cost money to make Transformers. I also forget that Transformers are in the movies, so your point is a bit wrong.

9. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

I saw the third movie today and it was terrible. Not because it wasn't all bots. It's just wrong on so many levels.
    I would, however, be interested in more movies as Bay is no longer around. The possibilities for a good fun adventure with my favorite bots in movie form are endless!

10. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

I stopped going to Mr. Murphy's forum because it was eating itself alive and turning into a "yes sir" type of place....I am not surprised that it was closed off to new members. I will say, though, that Don definitely went out on a limb by opening himself up to the fandom - he attracted a lot of extremely enthusiastic people and naturally among those is going to be some crazies.

I don't agree with his statement and I think it's damned cocky - here's hoping that the extreme success of the films doesn't preclude a continuing effort to improve on areas where they are lacking.

11. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Go Don for speaking his mind. He is entitled to his opinion. Right or wrong, I give props to him for speaking out.

People who complain can sometimes ruin it for others. What came were three movies meant to cater to all generations, not only the ones who saw the '86 movie. I think what angered him most are the naysayers who tend to be "louder" than those who give praise.

Maybe the fandom did not enjoy the films, but he is right, these were some of the biggest blockbuster films of the decade.

When I saw Dark of the Moon, I wanted to see a Robot Royal Rumble, and that's what I got. I don't care for love story and I don't care for the little problems people had with the film.

I was hoping this would be the end of the live-action movie saga, only because drawing things out can become stagnant or boring. I thought three was enough, and if there will be another transformers movie, I can wait five years.

12. mrsackhead

mrsackhead Member

So they kill megatron, starscream, shockwave AND soundwave (who could ever kill a cool decepticon like that?) so i dont see how they could make a badass second trilogy because all the season 3 and 4 cons like galvatron and scourge ect are crap compared to season 1-2 cons, if they do another trilogy then we should get megs, screamer and the others back.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Never thought I'd find myself agreeing with Don Murphy.

14. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I could kiss that man

15. Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest Well-Known Member

makes sense, but big players like optimus will certainly need a re-scan of their vehicle form to keep toys interesting. DOTM shows great exhaustion regarding veteran characters already.

16. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    While this sounds awesome to me. As I agree whole-heartedly that a reboot is not needed as there are still storylines to explore that are left untouched from previous movies. I have learned two things about the movie franchise I must keep in mind at all times.

1. Don Murphy is usually full of sh*t.

2. Haters are going to bash no matter what. (Hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day!)

That being said. I do hope they ignore the haters, stick to their guns of a movie that actually gets a massive audience, and actually develop some leftover plot threads and questions from the previous movies much akin to how star wars built upon itself consecutively. I especially want to know one key thing that could be very prevalent in a future trilogy. Why the frak something like the allspark was left on a barren planet to create cybertron and why it built life forms with the instinct of 're-fuel me with suns from unpopulated solar systems.'

Now that certain events have happened in the newest film, that can be sped up even more since a chunk of the outtercrust has been damaged on top of the fact cybertron is dying. Plus it yields even more reasons for a new Decepticon leader. So god yes, please let Unicron be Cybertron, and let the new Trilogy use Galvatron as a seperate bot like the IDW comics did.

Don't forget the comic characters like Jhiaxus, Straxus, and more. PLus liokaiser, and many other bots added into the universe. Plus, I think you're forgetting about one bit of awesomeness that's from later series too. Soundblaster and Sixshot. =D

17. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A 2nd trilogy would be really easy. Think of all the transformers lore they have to pull from. I think Galvatron would have to be a separate character from megs though cause I don't see people buying a unicron storyline. I do think that humans working the decepticons could of opened it up for potential "master" characters though. That could lead to some really fun sci-fi movies for people and not have the human characters take as much time from the bots. Won't happen though.

18. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Then it would be worth seeing. Seriously, they could have just given me Josh Duhammel as the main character and it would have made more sense. Shia needs to go back to work on Holes 2.

I agree that there is a definite distance between the fans and the writers. But its because there is a definite distance between G1 and these movies. G1 was nothing BUT the bots. They were the stars. Not some schmaltzy actor.

Let me know when this series hits the official 'Star Trek syndrome'. For those who are wondering what that is, it's when a movie franchise starts good, then has a bad movie, then a good movie, then a bad movie, then a good movie, then a great movie, then a so so movie, then a lousy movie, then waits 6 years and decides to reinvent itself and they call it a reboot. See also Batman.

19. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

I stopped listening to Don Murphy before T1 even came out because he came across as a douche who can't take criticism (constructive or otherwise) and loves to sling mud at people.

Get me a director, producer and writers who are actually professional and have a love of Transformers, not just seeing it as a cash-cow, or chance to brand with their own toilet humour.

I don't care if people love the movies for the action and explosions, but I think we could all set our sights a little higher rather than falling back on the 'what do you except, it's a popcorn movie!' excuse.

20. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Personally, I'd rather see a reboot than a second trilogy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.