Don Murphy producer post

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ErbFan28, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Its a nice thought, and I'd love to see a local boy get a shot at the big bots, but I don't think Edgar wright could handle something as big as Transformers.

Now I know its still up in the air as to whether bay returns or not, but I think that without Bay, the action we've seen is probably the best we'll ever get. So instead, I'd like to see them make the film in compelling in other ways, with great characters and a tight plot.

Personally, for the sake of the robots themselves, I'd love to see someone who can handle an ensemble cast well (eg, Joss Whedon) or someone who knows how to give characters real personality and soul, even when the action ramps up (eg, Brad Bird).

2. feckineejit

feckineejit Member

How about a movie that focuses on robots, since the movie is called TRANSFORMERS, the movie is not called HUMANS, explosions, (and also transformers in some scenes).

I personally like the designs of the robots, but they are not transformers, they morph, they melt, the pieces blend together and shift size and shape. But they do not TRANSFORM. transform would indicate that parts move from one place to another, but without changing size or shape.

3. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

I honestly dont mind focusing on the humans. I dont even mind the silly humour. Im even one of the few people who liked Leo (only after my second viewing though, he had to grow on me). I dont even mind the broad focus on the human military. I enjoy these movies for what they are, and the fact that they give me a whole heap of new and interesting toys to buy, and they bring transformers to the masses. The ONLY thing i'd like to see changed in the future is, as one chap here already mentioned, a bit more in the way of Decepticon threat. The autobots won too frequently and too easily, several of them battling off hordes of Decepticon soldiers. Just seemed unbalanced.

4. Lantern48

Lantern48 Banned

Don't try and change history:
    You stopped coming to DM.net because Angelophile got slight mod powers and you hated him.

Anyway, what'd you think of DOTM?

5. Seansy

Seansy Me Grimlock say Go Do One

Ebay:
    I like you as your avatar makes me hungry.

I still think he needs to be given the opportunity to try his hand at it.

Also another one I DON'T want to be touching TF's is that Louis Leterrier.

Seán

6. VestigialHeart1

VestigialHeart1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don Murphy's an idiot. I thought they locked this guy up in a cage for PR reasons a long time ago during the first movie. This guy doesn't bring anything to the table but money. Seriously, if they want to improve on this franchise they need new producers more than anything else. These guys all suck.

Also, I find it hilarious how quickly people disassociate themselves with a group of people as soon as criticism and verbal attacks fall on them. I remember him flaming the fans left and right because people were pissed about Megatron's original vertical mouth. The fact that the fans didn't shut up about that and that everybody agreed on the issue is probably the only thing that got it corrected in the movie. Not to mention the FAN support is the only thing that got Peter Cullen and Frank Welker in the movies at all.

7. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

I still think something more along the lines of the IDW Furman penned stuff like the "-ation" series would make for a better live action movie. Its got just enough human stuff to give a mass audience the relateable bridge characters it needs, and then gives us all the mythos and hot transformer on transformer action anyone could ever want!
    I'm not saying do a direct screen adaption, but its a fine blueprint, methinks.
    And if they're worried about the fx costs of all those robots, I think the franchise has proven they can risk the $ and take the time to make something massive and impressive, and people will spend the cash to see it!!!

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If they can continue it without Sam in the story line, than more power to them. I just don't see it working out that well. If it's a matter of a time gap between 3 and 4, and they explain why Sam isn't around anymore, I guess it could work. We'll just have to wait and see though.

9. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, what a dbag. And an idiot, lol. I don't even know where to start with his post, but then realized it's not worth breaking it down. Live and let live, and if they're not rebooting it, hopefully the next batch of people continuing this know more about how to make a good Transformers movie, that is more than just a summer fling. I know all Hollywood cares about is money though, so it probably won't happen.

10. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    A whole lot better, that's for sure. Given that a fourth movie could happen, that is.

No, really? You think?

This guy's a jerk. He thinks he's all high and mighty when in reality he's no better than the average Internet troll.

11. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sheesh... way to rattle people bones eh? Telling folks to go **** themselves. Quite crass.

I can understand why he's annoyed that some have done nothing but lambast him for years... but that doesn't make things better. On the other hand, I imagine the only way to make thing better with those folks would be to try and make a G1 Movie... which will NEVER happen.

The "Bayformer" type movies won't end anytime soon... they've made too much money to deviate from the formula so drastically.

As for a new trilogy... simple... Unicron/Primus. The "Gods" of the TF universe have yet to make their presence. Unicron would do as he's done before... resurrect fallen 'Cons to do his bidding. (Wouldn't be the first time Megatron is subservient in the movies either)

If approved for an insane cost... they could even do a prequel Fall of Cybertron type film... but given that they feel the need to have LOTS of human involvement, this is doubtful.

12. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

Reading the comments some people put up in movie threads give me a serious case of the giggles :lolol 

A second trilogy would be great. You haters out there can complain all you want. But don Murphy has a dam good point. Regardless of your opinion on wether they were good movies or not, they are freaking cash cows. They have brought our franchise billions of dollars. And brought tones of new fans. And a second trilogy will do the same. More
    Money and more fan and public support means more figures like jazz and Kup and STRAXUS OF ALL PEOPLE!

So honestly. Quit complaining. Don Murphy is right. After 8 years of this, it dose get old fast.

SECOND TRILOGY ALL THE WAY!

13. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    Don Murphy going on a rant is news?

14. HAIL_KING_PRIME

HAIL_KING_PRIME Well-Known Member

friggen awesome comment

15. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Yeah, I say he probably couldn't handle it, but if it was announced tomorrow that he would be directing TF4, I'd probably be all like "OMG!FUKYAH!EDDIEWRIGHT!FTW!"

Also, how awesome would it be if Simon Pegg and Nick Frost voiced a pair of bots? See below!

YouTube - ‪Simon Pegg and Nick Frost's 'Star Wars'‬‏

16. Burnout

Burnout Rogue Mercenary

Man i was HOPING for a reboot so the tranformers wouldnt look like skeletal androidal robots made for a chinese sci-fi convention. Maybe they will adapt to more earthen forms. Hell maybe it will be hundreds of years int he future for the next oen and Statham is the Brain master brain dude for victory saber...how f'in sweet would THAT BE. Especially since statham is all martial artsy...oh that would ROCK!!!

Nick Frost as Warpath and Simon Pegg as Powerglide FTW

17. The Crooked Man

The Crooked Man Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Three more? That calls for a courtesy flush.

18. Seansy

Seansy Me Grimlock say Go Do One

Ebay:
    it's just another different continuity. no one likes all the continuities. I hated the armada/energon/whichever set, and beast wars didn't twist my nips either. I understand and got what Bay did with his, and respect it a helluva lot. How much did he have riding on his shoulders to make sure it appeals to everyone including non fans of the subject matter? Credit where credit is due.

He didn't get it all right (ROTF) but for three movies, and five years work, guy's a don (no pun intended).

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don Murphy is kind of a douchebag.

Oops. Doomed TFW2005 to a weak raid that won't affect anybody but will make Don feel good inside his biiiiiiig biiiiiig body. Sorry.

20. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    This thread really brought out the chronic haters, didn't it? Half the freaking thread is posts from people on my ignore list. :D 

Hell yeah. 1000% correct about a small but vocal group of TF fans.
    No, not everyone who disliked the movies, but rather the chronic haters; the ones who prowl the boards posting over and over again about how much they hate the bayverse movies and they suck ass and blah blah blah. I'm always amazed at the energy they expend on something they hate. When I don't like something I tend to ignore it and not spend energy on it, but hey - that's just me.

I would LOVE another trilogy set in the same universe, with the same designs. I don't need Sam/Shia, bring on new human allies. And bring on Galvatron or Straxus or any number of badass Decepticons as the new villians. I'll be there opening day again and again.

Or they can please the small number of chronic haters and make that shot-for-shot remake of the '86 movie and we can all watch it financially fail and massively harm our beloved franchise... you know, either way is fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.