3D Artwork: Dominator/Thunder fight...first 50 seconds

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Angryscott, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Angryscott

Angryscott Pancake Hustler

With sound, dialogue, but no music yet. put up for your consideration and crtique.

Damn, this is taking a long time.

You'll need DivX 5.2.1 to view it. 6.5 megabyte file.

Right click to save

2. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Never saw what hit 'em!

Nice, me likes

3. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

pretty cool concept, but some of the animation seems to be a bit stiff. I think what needs more emphasis is the anticipation. The timing seems pretty spot on though. Definitely awesome that you've gotten this far with your work. Look forward to seeing how this progresses, angryscott. :thumb 

4. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

I like the voices, whoever you got does a pretty good Optimus. The Meg is a little,,,,weaker, than I'm used to. But somehow it makes him seem MORE sinister.

the only weak part I noticed was Meg's chain gun, the bullets were TOO pixelated. It looked like Megs was trying to hit Op with confetti.

(late thought: Most modern guns use a tracer round every (?) 5-10 regular rounds. Most bullets are invisible. Try a slow long streak every few shots only. but on the reverse angle show Prime's arem being pelted with impacts.)

(late thought 2:a highspeed gatling gun makes a consistant buzzing sound. For a sample take an electric shaver and hold it against a pice of wood. Check some military sites for reference too.)

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Looking VERY nice, man.

6. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Much better than I expected. Sound effects, models/animation, even voice acting...VERY nicely done.

Maybe try a more dynamic fight scene next time, though? That's my only critique..more running and dodging bullets, more punching, etc.

Otherwise, though, I was very entertained. :thumb 

7. B.F.

B.F. Well-Known Member

Cool. :) 

Some background sounds like wind would be useful.
    And I want more action :D 

P.S.
    Do you use skelet animation, or direct parts movements?

8. Angryscott

Angryscott Pancake Hustler

Thanks for the comments/crits. now, to address some of them...

1) Star Cracker/The stiffness - yeah, the rest of the animation will be much more fluid. The first minute or so is like - this is the best comparison I can think of - the old school pro wrestling "tests of strength," where two guys would look hands and push to see who was stronger. Coming up will be fist fights, kicks, throws, etc.

2) Infosaur/Voices - both done by me, with effects added in Goldwave. I went for a less emotional sounding Megatron, and tried to get a more cold, calculating thing going.

3) Infosaur/The bullet sounds and effects - I'm still working on those, but i didn't want to cut that scene. I tried the gattling "whir" you speak of, and it just didn't sound right. I'm looking for more samples. though. I'm also working on the look of the bullets, but it's tough finding the right look. But I am worknig on it.

4) Draven - that means a lot coming from you, man. Thanks.

5) thefrozenred/Dynamic fight scene - it's coming in the later parts of the animation. Punchin, running, kicking, dodging, flying, throwing, falling. And stuff.

6)B.F./background noises - trying to find some good samples, or recording them myself. Then there's the mix. And I use direct parts movement, since bones(skelegons) in lightwave aren't much good for non-organic movement (at least in my experience) - too much deformation.

Thanks for the input - I hope this goes quicker as it progresses-

-Scott

9. Steeljaw

Steeljaw Play more games

News Credits:
    Impressive.
    The camera movements seem a little jerky. Best example is the zoom in for Prime's Transformation. Just didn't seem very natural.
    Still it looked great, and it had me wanting more. :thumbs2: 

10. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    Fantastic stuff! The only problem I have is nothing to do with the superb animation or the damn fine voice characterisation.

It's the line: "Surrender the matrix and I'll let you live." It just doesn't sound like something the Prime we know and love would say. Then again, I suppose it goes with his new "tough guy" alt. mode and colours...

Anyway, more please! :D 

11. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    nice it is really good

are you doing more?

12. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    I totally forgot to reply in this topic. Dude what you have done is priceless. Love how the animation turned out, the FX sounds are a blast and the voices are great. :thumbs2: