domain base kits (mechanical chain base type display)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Strike Creamsicle, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

I couldn't find anything about these in a newsletter or on the boards but wanted to point them out to anyone trying to build a display. The "Mechanical Chain Base" kits have been very popular and they're being reissued soon (there are pre-orders at HLJ) but I saw these on Captured Prey:

Domain Base Kits

It's the same concept but with a wider variety of parts. Tried googling around and it looks like these are new - google image searches and other queries aren't turning up anything outside of the Captured Prey listings.

Has anyone purchased any of these yet? For the price I'm tempted to pick a few up myself just to see how well they work.

2. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw these on Captured Prey as well. CG Domain base is what they show the name as. I may pick some as backgrounds for photos of my MP scaled bots.

3. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    The bought two of the "balcony" kits from CP and I haven't got the slightest clue on how to make those balconies as shown in the picture on the site.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    What scale are they? 1/144?

5. Pho'ptimus Prime

Pho'ptimus Prime Mancave Spelunker

They are best used for 1/144 scale if you're using just one base. If you stack it, and take a macro portrait photo it'all be okay for larger 1/100 bots/armor/aircraft stuff.