Dolemite...and guilty pleasures

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by jorod74, Feb 17, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dolemite is my guilty pleasure.
    that movie sucks ass, but it is so bad at even sucking that i bust a gut laughing at it.
    come on, with lines like:

To a hooker- "You should be payin' me. I'm Joe-Blow, tha lova man."

Or witty banter between pimp and cops- "...You got those nice clothes, the fancy cars, all those black bishes working for you..."
    Dolemite- "You forgot about the white ones."

The man can't act, he can't do much, but it don't matter. it is like watching a train wreck. you just stare, and then you rewind, and repeat.

So, what is like the worst thing of all time you have watched and yet you still treasure it?

I own a few odd movies that are out there, but none have been so bad to earn a spot in my heart.

others i have:
    Twilight of the Cockroaches (it has a talking pile of dog poop.)

Naked Lunch

Human Tornado (Dolemite 2)

Iron Hammer 2

Junkie's Christmas

Nemesis

Cyborg

but like i said, RUDY RAY MOORE is DOLEMITE. oh mah gawd, that is soooo awful.

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Dolemite is awesome. When we go to my buddy's house we watch some interesting movies. Last time we watched Beyond the Valley of the Dolls. Great stuff.

3. Salvanis

Salvanis Probably not a true fan.

For years after my friends and I watched Dolemite, the phrase "BITCH, are you fo' REAL!?" was thrown around with wanton abandon.

And the scene where he gets thrown down the hill and they re-play the shot because he was showing off that he actually got thrown down the hill was epic. (Note: I may have gotten the specifics wrong - there were chemical enhancements to our viewing) We had to pause the film because we were laughing so hard we couldn't pay attention.

I think we watched Dolemite, Human Tornado, and Avenging Disco Godfather all in one night way back in 2000, so between that and the aforementioned chemical enhancements, I only have a passing memory of the events. I really should watch them again someday.

4. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Funny I was just reading about this a few days ago, Sounds bad enough that I need to see it. Just to know for real how bad it is.

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The worst movie to earn a spot in my heart is Troll 2. The acting is about on level with a grade school play, costumes are potato sacks and paper mache masks, and plot is just stupid..

6. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THIS THREAD?!?!

The best part about Dolemite is that sometimes a scene isn't even mic'd and you miss all the dialogue but they keep rolling. And random inserts of his Rudy's comedy act lol And Dolemite's creedo. "My name is Dolemite and fuckin up motherfuckers is what I do!"

also see Dolemite II- The Human Tornado ( the opening credits are all painted on Rudy Ray Moore with his shirt off while he does kung fu and each shot has new writing on him. Classic)

and Petey Wheatstraw the Devil's Son in Law , another rudy ray moore classic

I also enjoy the Roger Korman classics ( i may be wrong on the name) like death race 2000, i think he made the big doll house too....... ahhhhh 1970's female prison movies with Pam Greer :p 

Oh yeah and Barbarella lol Dildano = best character name ever

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Got to add Transmorphers to the list, that movie blows of awesome

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    dude, your dolemite sig has more quality acting than the whole damn movie.

and yeah, when that redneck sheriff busts in on his old lady (and she was SKANK) and she says, "he made me do it!" followed by, "Bitch, are you for real?" that is classic.
    the oh shit factor goes up when she gets shot. but his cliff diving takes away from it....he even says something while dangling in the air- roughly, "want to see that again?"
    oh gawd, it rocks.

There's the slasher flicks of the 80s i am trying to collect. there's one my mom told me about- the last one dad ever went with her to see, it was THAT bad- where this chick gets offed by the murderer shoving her face first into a french fryer and her eyes float to the top like eggs.
    gotta get that one, if i knew the title.

Oh, they are hard to find, but the really old driver's ed filmstrips where they show the carnage of drinking and driving, or not paying attention to signs, etc....they are really awful, were rated R and yet still shown in schools. Rumor has it Tobe Hooper (Texas Chainsaw Massacre) made one or two of them.

schlock is so cool.

9. Bumble Prime

i have a dvd that has three after school specials on it including "Teenage Father" starring Rob Lowe......classic

kept an eye out for more on the series but havent come across anymore

10. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

"Man, move over and let me pass before I have to pull these hush puppies out your mother fucking ass"

I must add my love for Dolemite.

But my all time guilty pleasure is: Roadhouse, in fact I learned how to be a bouncer in that film...

11. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

I got all the Billy Jack movies on dvd, now those are some awesome movies!

12. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Tame compared to the stuff mentioned so far, but Masters of the Universe is my favorite bad film. Aside from the fact that its a blatant knock-off of Jack Kirby's New Gods, Frank Langella's Skeletor is awesome and isn't even the boniest character in the movie thanks to the presence of Courtney Cox.

I wish that I had seen this movie before my visit to the school careers advisor.

Roadhouse is legendary. Patrick Swayze sucks, but its a crime that he will be remembered in cinema history for playing a dance instructor in a lame womens film instead of playing a dude that beat up a bunch of rednecks that owned a monster truck.

13. Bumble Prime

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  14. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Oh gods...that movie was so horrible it was beautiful. I gotta get me a copy.

I also really liked the Sci-Fi Channel movie "Ice Spiders" for some reason. Bad plot and lame CGI, but I was entertained.