Customs: Dogfight base figure

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by theosteve, Dec 14, 2019.

1. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

I’m interested in doing a custom Dogfight figure, but I’m not sure what base figure to mod for the project. I’m leaning towards Triggerhappy, since it has swept forward wings in alt mode that end up on the arms of bot mode, similar to dogfight. But the canopy on the torso of Triggerhappy would limit the opportunity to create a Dogfight-style chest, and I’d have to do something about those big cannons that just fold away in alt mode.

many ideas on a different figure to use that would suit the character?

2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Maybe one of the following...

Armada Starscream who has Triggerbot-like flip out shoulder cannons.

You can also remove and reverse his wings.

Cybertron burgandy Starscream who also has flip out cannons. Or the CHUG Dirge repaint since he already has brown wings.

Siege Starscream. You can remove the fake canopy from the chest and the Siege ports provide options for weapon upgrades.

That said, Triggerhappy already has a red face, swept forward wings and built in flip around cannons which can flip over his hands in robot mode giving him Triggerbot style weapons.

I wouldn't worry about the canopy on the torso since it's a reimaginings of the character and artistic licence is allowed as long as the essence of the character is captured.

Alternatively, Sir Toys has an oversized blue CW Powerglide. The CW Powerglide/Viper was repainted as Dogfight in Japan. They did use Viper's face rather than Powerglides though but Powerglide's face is closer to the G1 toy.

3. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

oh, I hadn’t thought about the Siege seekers. That faux chest does make changes relatively easy! Thanks for the idea. I’ll try either Triggerhappy or the seekers.

• Like Like x 2