Does Skylynx Suck?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Securis, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

Yeah....SkyLynx is cool. But, the neck of that dragon always threw off a "turkey-ish" vibe to me in the cartoon, lol.

This thread has me wondering though...

When he's in dragon and lynx mode at the same time, is he the dragon and the lynx is a drone? Or are they BOTH Sky Lynx...like some kind of "mind split"?

2. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's the autobots version of astro train in that he's a drop ship. He's incredibly weird looking though which does give him a very unique silhouette etc. His personality is unexpected but it balances the weirdness.

3. Deadends Meds

Deadends Meds Yup

The proof of the glory of Sky Lynx is the fact that the original question and main topic of this thread forced me to read through seven pages of comments.

Praise be with you Sky Lynx.

4. DreadwindsGhost

DreadwindsGhost Micro Mad

I don't think anyone who hands Predakings ass to him on a regular basis could ever suck.

5. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I think one does become a semi-drone and the other is Sky-Lynx's higher consciousness, but which is which can change depending on which form requires his attention at the moment. You notice that both the lynx and the dragon can interact at various times with whomever they need to, but they've never done it together to my knowledge.

6. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

He also ran rings around the Dinobots. Grimlock had to resort to dirty tricks to beat him.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

toy and character are great

8. Galvatross

Galvatross Put down the kool-aid Veteran

He's not my personal favorite, but he's not half bad either.

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Wait... did Sky Lynx ever actually SEPARATE into his dual modes in the cartoon? I remember seeing him in all of his modes, but I don't remember him actually operating as two individual components (sometimes he would turn into the lynx or pteranodon, and the other parts would just 'disappear' with the transformation).

One of the things I found interesting about him was his dual components that seem to house one consciousness. I like the idea that he could just be one mind spread easily over two bodies, and can coordinate them as easily as we can coordinate our two hands.

zmog

10. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x63k3YHShsE

Five faces of darkness.

11. Jackie1768

Jackie1768 Autobot Scientist

News Credits:
    What! Sky Lynx is awsome. He do not suck, People who think Sky Lynx sucks are Bay Fans LOL

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Given the upcoming Beast Hunters Sky Lynx figure, I'd say that Sky Lynx would fit into the Bay film universe (look at Devcon and Hatchet, after all) better than basically any other continuity since G1. Personality would likely have to change significantly though.

13. SMOG

That was like, his first appearance, right? Did he ever do that again? I remember them being pretty loose about how and when he could transform into which mode. At least they did it once. :) 

zmog

14. Reask

Reask Predacon

I hated Sky Lynx when he first appeared in the Five Faces of Darkness but after a while I got used to his egotistic personality and he felt like Perceptor all over again and I loved Perceptor. Plus, SL helped bring back Optimus Prime. I'm not sure what the hell is going on when he transforms into two different beast modes, but his bizzare design was appropriate for the more space age focused season 3.

15. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Sky Lynx's personality in the cartoon attached to any toy would have made that character just as cool.

His characterisation was rarely about him having a beast mode. It was only referenced to in Thief In The Night and Call of the Primitives.

16. SMOG

I actually find that the seeming contradiction between his personality and his beast mode is part of what makes him neat. It's one thing to have a tally-ho self-aggrandizing elitist personality in the Autobots... and quite another for that guy to not only be an enormous, combiner-beating titan, but also to be a bizarre, funny-looking dragon-cat. It would be so easy to portray him just as another bestial Dinobot, or as a plodding slow-witted giant (Trypticon got robbed on the cartoon), but they really embraced his colourful personality.

zmog

17. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKZNIv4vrBY

Second time about half way through this vid, I think its in the episode with that monster chaos.

18. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

19. SMOG

The real question is if he ever DOES anything after separating...?

There are some awesome clips in there. :D 

zmog

20. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    :As Skylynx:

I dare say to the original poster, are you daft? And to the second poster, I, Skylynx, am a space shuttle, a dragon, and a lynx. Do not confuse me with, nor clump me in with those wretched machinations of Wheeljack's mad science gone horriffically a rye ... again ... or those dim witted combiners that follow the decepticon cause!

I am Skylynx! I am excellence personified! A blessing from Primus himself! If you recall, more often than not, it was I who was to defeat Predaking with 1 single magnificent, and if I do say, GLORIOUSLY well aimed shot. It was I who found a quintenson to bring back to earth to revive Optimus Prime and stop the hate plague from destroying everything! In fact! Do correct me if I am wrong but the hate plague needed to infect me not once but twice before it could infect me! THAT alone should tell you how righteous Skylynx is. And by the way, it was my episode of season 3 that was the most beautiful of all G1 sunbow cartoon shows run, was it not?

So! To you, human i realize your feeble brain cant quite comprehend the excellence that is Skylynx, but please, do not waste our time with these internet threads that clearly display your ignorance!

To my most loyal fans, I thank you! You are truly a credit to your back water planet species.