Does Silas make you think of Agent Bishop from the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Megatron1, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

You know, I just started thinking that while watching him in action. For some reason, he's starting making me think of Agent Bishop from the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV show. Another good reason is that Silas' real name is Bishop too.
    [​IMG]

So, am I the only one that thinks this?

2. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Nah, I get Agent Smith from Bishop.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well Silas's real name is Leland Bishop.

4. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    And thought of 10 good reasons to never let go of a dime.

5. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Yes, they are kind of similar but TMNT Bishop isn't the first fictional character to be called bishop. I dunno why a secret agent dude would want to call himself bishop. Maybe he sees in the world as black and white with himself always on white or black.

6. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    More interesting are the parallels between Leland Bishop and a particular android called Bishop, manufactured bei Weyland-Yutani.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    No.

Agent Bishop was a loyal Government agent who could hand-to-hand school the heroes at any given moment as was always cooking something up. There was his faked invasion of Earth, his plan for a generic super-race, and so-on.

Silas was the equivelant of a moustache-twirling "bad guy" who talked a big talk about "plans" and what-not only for it to be a contrived plot device resolved in one episode and then left to be a directionless coma patient before being rebuilt as a cyborg and defeated immediately.

And aside from all that, their personalities and designs are not similar at all.

8. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are some parallels. But I think while TMNT was able to develop 'Agent Bishop' as a recurring antagonist and antihero, Transformers Prime has so far ended up wasting Silas' character.

Early on I did see a lot of parallels. But as time went by, the depiction of Silas' character deteriorated. And I think that was a very sad thing to see.

9. joeysr21990

joeysr21990 Member

for a second i thought you were talking about bishop from fringe lol

10. keetongu

keetongu Active Member

At aleast Bishop leant from his mistakes in the future and became a good man/president, While Silas got taken apart presumably by Knockout

11. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    which is why I posted in the tmnt thread in movies and television that if there ever was another live action tmnt movie and bisoph was in it Hugo Weaving should play Bishop (not that he would) I mean we don't want someone who knows nothing abour the fandom nor cares to know anything about it play a character in tmnt.