Does Magnus have a realistic shot at appearing next season?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Arcee's the one who said that--no one corrected when she did it--but we very clearly saw Solus using it as such when battling Unicron.

Bulkhead even used as a weapon when he took it from Breakdown and Knockout.

Anyone can use it as a hammer, but only a Prime can use it as a forge. Megatron proved that point last season.

2. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I was referring to the toy listing in the link.

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought I had more in that quote--probably shouldn't use a smart phone to post messages.

I was speaking more to the pic.

Seeing how the artist got Ultra Magnus wrong, they might have gotten the forge wrong too:p 

Does the comic even line up with the series? If it doesn't, why use it for reference? The 80s show and comics were different beasts.

4. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Pretty much. The hammer is somewhat limited at combat, however. Its sheer size and weight means only the stronger characters, like Bulk and Megs, can even lift the thing, and they'd have to work to swing it. It'd hurt like hell if it hits you, but it's just so slow and unwieldy that it's only really gonna hit you if you're a Breakdown who runs into the swing :lol 

5. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Let me rephrase my question, if the Forge is Magnuses hammer, how did this happen? :) 

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Comic continuity?

Transformers Prime, the TV series, already told us the name, the Forge of Solus Prime. Until the show gives it a new name, why call it anything else?

7. allison0z

allison0z allison

:thumb 

8. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

That is not the answer to a possible big plot hole :) 
    And I did call it the Forge.

9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Ah, I see.

The hammer originally belonged to Solus, and got dumped on Earth. Going by the show itself, I doubt Ultra Magnus ever saw it, let alone wielded it, so I'd say he never used the Forge itself and simply had his own elaborate hammer instead

Alternatively, this is foreshadowing; Magnus will appear in the show, he will recover the Forge, and he will use it. But that's up to Season 3 to let us know how it might go.

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yes.

but it might not be as cool as we might think. it might end up just being like cliffjumper... where he appears one episode, is killed off, and never seen again. or just appears as in a flashback and says or does nothing.

11. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

Rage of the Dinobots is supposed to be in continuity with both the show and Fall of Cybertron as a bridge between the two. And probably Hasbro's attempt to shut up the people who refuse to accept the games as part of Aligned or a direct part of Prime. Whether or not it succeeds ... who knows.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh...when was this said publicly?

EDIT:

HMS, Alex Irvine and even the folks behind TFP have all said the same thing at some point or another, they all have the same sources, but they are all free to interpret that information into their own stories as they see fit. HMS, however, seems to be in a position to do whatever they please, as their story was well underway before Hasbro had a bible, and it sounds as though a lot of what they came up with became part of (or is) the bible.

13. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

14. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    It's also being written by two of the Prime show's writers and is a bit of a different beast from the games and novels, methinks.

15. garinhash

garinhash Well-Known Member

yes the games WFC and FOC are supposed to be (somehow) connected to TF prime, and the rage of the dinobots takes place in-between.
    i think the TF movies are suppoed to be connected to the games too hence the similar designs.
    i have both the 2 issues of ROTD but i haven't yet read them yet :/
    Magnus appears a few times throughout the 2 issues, his head matches the toy pretty much perfectly, but the body matches that image i posted earlier, it a more G1 styled Magnus body mixed with prime styling.
    i also thought it was cool that magnus's hand flips back and into a gun (like everyone's arms/hands in the game and in TF Prime) essentially making the gun/hammer that the toy comes with inaccurate... but you never get a good look at the gun because its out of frame or other reasons...... his hand/gun looked kinda like this:
    [​IMG]

lol :p  well not really but this was what i thought of when i saw (what little there was to see of) his gun

i keep hearing something about magnus and swoop having been captured or something and being "reforged" maybe his body on that comic cover will be reforged and will THEN resemble the TF prime toy body?

maybe Magnus was close to Alpha Trion like smokescreen? and was involved in the protection/sending-off of all relics (specifically the forge)......

who knows.... all we can do is speculate at this point.

i am curious if Magnus and Optimus share a connection (brothers)?

16. Cataraks

Cataraks Decepticon Cannibal

I think the fact that the toy has 2 separate renderings, and here is a THIRD rendering (which very closely matches the blueprint we saw in the Orion Pax episode) the odds are pretty darn high.

Attached Files:

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the link:thumb 

Sadly, this is Hasbro and IDW. HMS and the bigwigs behind TFP are as absent from this Project as Alex Irvines stories from TFP or HMS':lol 

I see they have Mike Johnson, which sounds good, but this still sounds like Hasbro giving the keys to another set drivers. Prepare yourself for another story reinterpreting Dark Energon, Optimus/Orion, the 13 Primes, Starscream, Bumblebee, etc.:lol 

18. garinhash

so here is magnus and his gun.
    i just snapped this from my iphone real quick, you can kinda get a idea of his body and his gun.

[​IMG]

19. JacobPGalvatron

JacobPGalvatron Storm Trooper #1

I hadn't gotten a good look until now, but that just looks like a modified Optimus model.

20. garinhash

isnt that basically what Magnus IS??