Does it sometime annoys you that a line you dont get, have a toy you want?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eagc7, Oct 5, 2014.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    So i was wondering if theres anybody here that feels sometimes annoyed that a toy you really really want is only sold in a TF line that your stores dont pick up or something?.

genereally it doesnt bug me, but i am kinda annoyed that Arcee, Chromia, IDW Bee and Windblade are Generations toy and they dont sell the toyline over here in Guatemala (expect for the Generations AOE stuff, which i do get). and those are the only toys in the Generations line that i want, i dont care for the other toys, even the most wanted ones like Leader Jetfire and such (but i would not mind owning them, if i was able to get them, then Cool, they are just not in my want list), but the gals and bee are the only ones i want from the Gens line, mainly the gals, as i want more fembots in my collection and since ever i have been wishing for a G1 styled Arcee and now that theres one, she comes in a line i dont get.( i know i could pick them online but TF-wise i am only picking Movie toys online and nothing else tf-wise at the moment)

what about you?

2. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I sympathize. We get Classics here in the UK, but only a small number of figures in that line actually show up at retail.

3. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Yes, actually. I'd love to have the Japanese Masterpiece line here in the states, and I would love to have ANY of the lines that released any of the Robot Masters Optimus Primal mold, but really, that's about it. I guess some of the Takara classics would be nice too, but we get those released in the US with decos that are usually similar enough. Us fans in the US are lucky since we get a good portion of the Transformers stuff produced.

4. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'm sorry, but that doesn't make any sense to me.. you say that you could get them online, but you only get movie figures online?.. why?.. if you want them so badly, why wouldn't you just order them? i'm confused.

5. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    The toys I want are never in stores here. I buy everything from the Internet.

6. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

The problem some people run into with internet ordering is that they can't always get things shipped to their countries, so it adds to the frustration when you truly can't get a figure you really want.

7. Mister Guy

Mister Guy Well-Known Member

To the OP, this has happened to me a lot. I still haven't seen any of the Deluxe, Voyager or Leader figures from AOE, just some Power Battlers, One-Step Changers, etc. Supposedly they were going to be released in September, but still nothing. Thankfully I have ordered them all online.

The DOTM, and Prime/Beast Hunters lines had an excellent distribution, almost all the toys that came out with the line could be found in stores, save for some exclusives.

The ROTF/HFTD lines were pretty sporadic, sometimes you could find something good but in few numbers, if they were bad/uninteresting figures then there were a lot. And when finally I found something really good and in large numbers it was only for a short time before the stores decided to return them to Hasbro.

8. KaguyaHouraisan

KaguyaHouraisan TORANS-FORMAAAA!

All of the time. Because the distibrution here is complete rubbish. Sure they have truckloads of one step power attacker fucks everywhere,but not a single generations figure anywhere. And online ordering doesn't help the situation a whole lot because shipping to finland either isn't possible or it costs too much.

9. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    Yup as fellow UK citizen we have to put up with this a lot, I very rarely buy figures domestically these days. It's usually imports in store or online.

10. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If I understand this right, the OP is annoyed that there are figures that are coming out in lines that he doesn't collect. So while he wants Generations Arcee, he doesn't collect Generations which is annoying to him?

Then he says certain lines aren't distributed to Guatamala, but that's OK he can always order them online like he does with Movie figures? I don't think this is about distribution or anything like that, more about a self imposed block on sticking only to certain lines?

If I got that right, then I say limiting yourself to specific lines means you're going to miss out somewhere. MP only collector? Third party only? Then you're going to miss out on some other great figures! (Like the bigger Movie HA figures, which are almost all universally amazing).

Also you'll never try anything new and end up missing entire sublines! For instance a lot of people ignored Animated Activators when they first came out because 'they were small' or not 'mainline' and yet they were some of the best Transformer Toys ever. (Animated Activators Ratchet or Bumblebee anyone?)

It's the same with Legends (old name)/Cyberverse, so many disregard these for being cheap pap (they're not and they are the spiritual successor to G1 Minibots in terms of play and retail patterns) but suddenly when Generations Metroplex and Encore Fort Max came out there's suddenly a place for them!

So I say, don't restrict yourself, feel free and happy to try what you like!

Edit.

Doh, the OP says 'that stores don't get in or something'. Ignore me.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Doesn't help that it's exclusive to TRU too. Oftentimes the nearest branch is miles and miles away, so unless you're planning on buying more than one figure it's not very cost-effective after factoring in travel costs. And then if the figure is faulty it's even more costs to go back and try to exchange/return it. Plus the possibility of getting later waves of Generations here is always almost zero.

Yeah, I could order online, but while Transformers isn't supposed to be an online-only product I really shouldn't have to. I want to be able to go to a brick and mortar store in my town and buy what I want in person.
    And yet the AoE kiddie stuff is bloody everywhere. I would gladly trade those for being able to get Generations as easily.

All it's done is make me buy far less figures and lose more and more interest in the franchise as things have gotten worse and worse.

Things in the UK were never that great over the last decade or so for TF figures, but now there's no 'thrill of the hunt' because the hunt is barely there to be had. It's like going to an enormous game reservation and knowing there's probably just one tiny old stoat hiding underground in the entire area. May as well just not bother. It's more like 'chore of the hunt'.

12. Rodimus89

Rodimus89 Protector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dafaq?? Buy online dude.. The Internet is an amazing thing, you can have them delivered to your house!!!

13. Wars

Wars I Ate The WHOLE Plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, as of late, we only get get the Power Battlers and One Step stuff here in Ireland, so I've just taken to ordering everything online

I kind of prefer it in some ways to be honest. Depending on where you buy from, you can sometimes get stuff online for cheaper than what standard retail would normally have been in the past, even when shipping is included. Like a few months back, I got Generations voyager Whirl for just under €23 shipped from Amazon. A voyager at retail here would often go for around €27 - €30

Only thing I don't like about it is that you buy something and then you have to wait one or two weeks for it to show up :lol 

Why are you restricting yourself to buying only Movie toys online? If you didn't your problem would be more or less solved?

14. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

I get what you mean, I feel like if I'm ordering online I should just do that to get the toys that I'm less likely to find in retail or stuff that I've wanted for ages. Most of that includes the Classics line even though there's a lot of other toylines I love and I want to get like most of Prime/Arms Micron and the Movie toys I feel like they're a lower priority to me.

15. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

The Obsessive Collector Disorder thing swings both ways... If i buy a lot of a line, then i'll usually end up buying all the figures i don't even like, just because.

16. Scorponok

Scorponok Kindness is no virtue and cruelty is no vice

I'm not sure I understand your question correctly but most of my collection was purchased online. I never buy the entirety of any line; only what I really like. It also costs money to do this which is why I've narrowed it down.

There are also certain characters I collect, like Cliffjumper. I buy anything issued that is related regardless of the line. This means I currently have six different lines of just one character, not including media. I've had to hunt down more than a few items which makes it more exciting and my collection seems valuable to me.

17. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I sympathize.

18. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    The only way this applies to me is when Takara puts something out that never makes it stateside. Senator Ratbat comes to mind as well as quite a few others. I'm not the biggest fan of ordering online so I'd rather find stuff retail. The only way I can score the JP stuff is if I drive up to Chinatown in Chicago and pray that they actually have it.

19. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem in the US at retail isn't that they don't carry said line or that we get a limited amount of releases, it's that they never actually stock the sections, it might as well be like they don't carry them at all.

20. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Or you have some underperforming overordered line (cough* Movie stuff *cough) or failed concept line (cough* Construct-bots *cough) tying up shelf space and limiting the number of cases that can be ordered of the stuff that actually DOES sell. I'm relieved that the failing stuff is finally seeing clearance, but not fast enough. As it stands I will probably miss out on a couple waves of stuff at retail and be forced to order online.