Does Hasbro care?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Lucario Prime, May 21, 2009.

1. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

^I'll give you your answer today.
    It's over.

2. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

Please cut it out. This is all very upsetting for some of us, and your malicious comments aren't improving the situation.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    He's a troll. Ignore him.

4. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

Will do.

5. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    My bet is what has been said at previous Botcons.

If the figure went all the way to creating the tool/mold, we'll probably see it like they did with WW Grimlock as an exclusive from a toy chain.

If the figure was stopped before the tool/mold, we probably will not see it.

Botcon (Fun Publications) typically takes figures that have already been produced and asks for changes in colors, small retools, and new heads. I don't think they will get any unreleased figures for a future year, but I sincerely believe they may do an Animated repaints group in the future.

6. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    AMEN !! You are right on.

I was too getting info when Ren and Stimpy was at its height in 1991-1993. One must be careful with how you handle information. I've actually been in some TFW2005 threads where they're dancing on the graves of TFA when no one from Hasbro has made any type of official statement yet.

In addition, no one MAY officially announce without breaking some type of non-disclosure agreement. I'm always leary of 'news' being posted to any site if it may break NDAs or could cause us (the fans or the kids) to lose potential items or discounts in the future.

We have to be careful how we handle NDAs, sensative information, and press releases both on the boards and on the news sites. It can harm more than just the fandom -- like stock prices and retirements -- but can also cause grief and a lack of distrust between buyers and sellers.

Kickback, thank you for supporting TFA. Now let your past experience go and allow Hasbro to do their job next week. They -- along with Cartoon Network -- own TFA. Let them do what they want with it. In my opinion, you're a regular person with no real financial connection with them outside of a buyer of product. Continuing to act as if you can speak for them can either harm you or the your friends passing (good or bad) information to you because of the breaking of NDAs and the other aforementioned confidentiality agreements.

It is truly too bad that most Botcon molds for this year have been spoiled. TFA's death may have been spoiled too. Let's hope the movie goes quick and move on the to next line after ROTF.

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Btw, if they do officially announce the cancellation, I want video of it and the reaction.

8. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I'd have loved for them to release Web Diver here. Kids here in the US are V.G. oriented, and I have a feeling that the combo of toy/video game would've at least sold moderately well, if not a smashing success.

I could be wrong, and we'll never know, but I have a gut feeling.

Oh and you're absolutely correct on the Wal-Mart thing. They will eat your babies.

Yeah...I...yeah. I almost couldn't believe it when I saw the post. Wow.

Well now, let's back up a second here....
    Sure, I'm pissed off that Animated is coming to an end.
    I'm pissed off that we'll probably never see the remaining figures.
    But I'm not going to cry myself to sleep over it, it's not like I'm to a point where I can't function because of it. If people are getting to that point, perhaps they need to be seeking professional help. I don't say that to be funny, or make light of their mental situation, but seriously, that person will definitely be in need of help if they're that upset over the loss of a cartoon and toyline.

Be angry, but don't be crazy about it.

Oh so do I. Someone PLEASE sneak a camera in for that one. PLEASE.

9. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Thanks for posting that. I had no idea about NDA's or how they work! I feel so enlightened. Your experience with Ren and Stimpy back in 1993 has opened my eyes 15 years later. What a fool I have been!

;) 

10. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

It's a cartoon. :rolleyes: 

For those of you saying things regarding Kickback having "informants" at Hasbro,or CN,or whatever,he doesn't need them,and you shouldn't need him to tell you the series is over. I mean,Hasbro isn't cancelling planned figures because the line is a runaway success. The news of the show being cancelled have been all over the internet,and really,ending the show is the logical thing to do. The new movie is coming out,it's more of a big deal,so Hasbro is focusing on that. Even if there was no movie,TFA would end soon,and another TF line would come along. Hasbro keeps things fresh-that's why Transformers is still around.

None of this is stuff anyone from Hasbro secretly told me during a clandestine meeting,it's just common sense.

11. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    I took a hiatus from TF Fandom from G1 to BW, and then again from BW until Armada, then from Armada to Animated/Movie 1....

I have to say, this is easily the most depressed I've ever been wrt my Transformers fandom.

There's so much negativity on the part of everyone right now, wrt Animated, posters, trolls, admins all at each others throats, going nuts...every bit of news on Animated is negative, or is negatively spun by someone as soon as it hits...

All just kind of sad, imo.

Oh well. Here's to what's next I guess.

12. TreKain

TreKain All Will Be Well TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm confused where all this sadness/anger/general negativity is suddenly coming from? Didnt we learn a few months ago that the street date for ROTF toys was the 29th of this month...and at that time remaining Animated and Universe stuff would be getting pulled and returned to Hasbro?

I was under the impression that with that date fast approaching, Arcee and the others would not hit shelves before the day came...I thought it was old news that when ROTF hit the shelves, Animated wont be there with it. Why are we having this argument now?

13. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That was the initial information, yes -- that Animated would end in May, making way for RotF. We were also told Universe would continue through the rest of 2009.

But then, at Toy Fair time, we were told Universe was done after the Ratchet/Hot Shot Deluxe wave, and that Animated would run alongside RotF throughout 2009.

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Of course Hasbro cares.
    Hasbro cares about Hasbro.

15. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

[​IMG]

16. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Honestly, you can't fully blame one entity. It's not always 100% the retailers fault if kid's aren't buying the toys, and Hasbro is a business (aka they need money). I still find it laughable that people are blaming Hasbro for this. Why would Hasbro ever WANT one of their toy lines to fail? If anything, Hasbro would have wanted Animated to become a smash hit. So sit back, take a simple business course, and realize that they may have had little to no choice in the matter.

18. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    It's not fair! I wanted a Rodimus Prime toy and now I'll never get it...

19. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

I am blaming Hasbro for *NEVER* releasing a proper *car* Arcee in the past 25 years of the franchise. Too many years have gone by to be making lame excuses. Simple fact is, they're just being stubborn pricks now. There's nothing else to say. They could have released Animated Arcee in wave 1 or 2. But no! Just can't get that car Arcee to store shelves no matter what. They can get every other type of Transformer to store shelves except an Arcee that transforms into a car.

Don't even bother to try to make up an excuse for this situation. They've had 25 years. More than enough opportunities. More than enough TF lines for this figure to fit into.

20. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Talk about getting worked up.

Anyone for hog roast?

[​IMG]