Does Hasbro care?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Lucario Prime, May 21, 2009.

1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The switch to 4" figures seems to be working good for Marvel, but the 4" DC line looks so bad compared to the other 4" figures I'm not sure if DC isn't going to have to back to the larger scale.

2. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

DC's figures are going to be more articulated and just better overall in order to compete with Marvel,within the next 1-2 waves you'll start seeing the new body type.

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I'll believe it when I see it. Though DCUC is the last of the 6' inch lines, they're going quite strong for now. Hopefully, we'll get another two-three years out of it before it starts going to the way of Hasbro's MLs. But I wouldn't lump DC into the 4' switch as they basicly launched both lines at the same time, and in this case, 6' appears to be winning. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel the 4' inch line, and let DCUC runs its course before returning to the 4' inch line again.

But makes for a great market right now. Mattel has a great 6' inch line with DC, and Hasbro has a great 4' inch line with Marvel. The best of both worlds IMO.

4. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    I call BS on this.

I follow DCUC and DCIH figures QUITE closely, and have heard NOTHING about a 'new body type' for DCIH.

5. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Jeez, not Hasbro Online store. I mean, how hard would it be for them to FINALLY ship overseas? BBTS does it, heck Amazon does it... Yet, although Hasbrotoyshop if full of toys I'd buy and have the money for, I cannot order anything because I'm not an US citizen. :(  So, if I want Classics Overkill or Dragstrip, I have to buy it from some scalper for triple the original price.

So let's rather hope for a Walmart/ToysR'US release rather... if any. But knowing our luck, they'll be bought off by TFCC and released as the next exclusives for Botcon or something...

Umm, did I say anything about the line needing to have many toys? Just 2 in a wave would suffice, like in the Classics Exclusives (OP/Megs, Overkill/Drag Strip).

I didn't know McFarlane's is going out of business - here in Hungary the collector stores are still stocked with their toys and regulary order more and more. There is a big market for them, alone in my city there are about 4 such stores and they did not get bankrupt from competition... And this type of collector's merchandise (Lost/Prison Break toys, McFarlanes sport/Spawn/etc. toys, various busts/statues, WOW toys, etc...) form the core of their merchandise. Yes, they are more costly then the toys you can buy in a regular toyshop, but that's because usually guys my age (30 or more) buy these, who are working and not buying this from parent's monthly allowance or loose change they made by selling lemonade... :) 

In 2007, Hasbro tried to enter this market with Titaniums - the store I'm talking about had them too, they did not sell other TF items but Titaniums, as they understood these were collector's items. They were sold out pretty soon...

6. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's sad to know. Maybe in time Hasbro will expand sales coverage for online customers, or Transformers will become popular enough with retailers in Hungary for Hasbro to ship more toys there.

But could this be because the Hungarian market itself has so little product that fans will pick up almost anything related to Transformers? Could be a case of a shelfwarmer in one country being popular elsewhere.

7. kidnicky

Well,I saw it. Toyfare 2 months ago (? the one with Baroness on the cover) showed Animal Man,and his articulation was just like that of the Fury Files Marvel figures. They said all the DCIH guys were switching over to that style.

8. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

You must be blind because I just looked him up and it's almost the exact same articulation as before. I take that back. They added ankle and wrist movement. An improvement, but he still looks like crap.

9. kidnicky

Well,all right it's not exactly the same. The point is they're trying.

10. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    Too little too late.

Or maybe 'too much money, not enough availability' would be a more apt calling card for DCIH.

That line will be dead by the end of the year, imo.

11. Some_Gamer_Dude

Some_Gamer_Dude Active Member

I loved animated, I still do, I bought EVERY DAMN TOY RELEASED IN AUSTRALIA. Including Bumperbattlers, their repaints and all activators. But Animated was one of the WORST.LINES.EVER. from an economic standpoint. They just sit there, piling up, at half price. Doesn't help that the show is on a block no one watches anymore, but JC, AEC sold better. I don't even remember BM sitting as hard as Animated does.

Unfortunately, the movie was what got the line kicking again, they should have stuck to that. Much to haters, including myself, of the movie line's dismay, it IS what sells. In most respects, Animated was a mistake on hasbro's behalf. Needed Moar Bayformers and GIANTFINGROBOTACTION.

12. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

LOL... talk of collectors paying more money to keep the line alive when they all already bitch when things cost too much. The second we have a 15.99$ deluxe the first post will be "WTF? why can't these be 7.99$ I am an adult and kids will like anything so Hasbro should focus the kids line on me!"

13. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    Please lock this thread, I didn't mean for it to become like this, and I made it when I was really pissed off at the end of Animated.

Hasbro has a special place in my heart, and I will never doubt them again. Honestly, I loved the panel today.

14. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

where in Australia are you? my pocket of it, animated and even universe was selling well. well. it was. till Hasbro Australia stocked up on OLD stock and then everyone who got what they wanted couldnt find any new stuff. and that was happening cos Hasbro Australia got asked by retailers to stock up on movie toys. i have yet to even find Waspinator and Samurai Prowl. i know they are in Australia, but i may get forced to go to ebay again.

judging from the Q&A panel on Botcon, Hasbro does care enough to get ALL the toys they said was coming out to us. even another voyager Sarscream clone repaint.

15. kidnicky

LMAO.
    A little much,don't you think?

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really. HASBRO is a pretty cool guy eh makes toys and doesnt afraid of anything

17. kidnicky

good point.

:crazy: 

18. Aurora Bluewolf

Aurora Bluewolf Aurora Bluewolf

I think what people are (well...were) saying is that fans can get rather crazed over a decent series. Though physical violence rarely accomplishes anything, when certain things call for action rather than talk, people want to get into it- if nothing more to say they did so.

Given, a lot of us are still very upset over the cancellation of TFA (i'm not afraid to admit i cried when Prowl smiled and died. At least i can register my emotions and not over react to them or bottle them up to fester as a mental disease) i don't think that throwing a shoe at them is a great idea. Though humorous (and in my opinion rather deserved), lets not encourage riots at the conventions. They might stop the Transformers series (which ever they are working on) if their animators and storyboard guys get massive brain damage.

Now... something more... what's the word... passive? would probably be more effective. like just complaining until the big dogs hear something. then we -the fans- can have some say in what stays and goes. It is very easy to kill a series. Keeping it takes a lot of action and a lot of guts. There is nothing a network can do to you. but you can complain until they are red in the face and they can't touch you. Throwing a shoe? Yeah, they can tackle you and beat the crap out of you while they arrest you.

Personally, i'm not a person who reacts with speech more when it's easier to just yell 'fight' and watch what happens. But this takes meticulous, calculated moves. Who else wants to what CN and Hasbro tremble in fear of the fans? (mwhahaha)... i can dream.

19. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just bought Waspinator and Samurai Prowl about 48 hours ago form a melbourne toys r us. keep your eyes peeled in TRU's :D