Does Generations have to be just G1 Classics only?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I'm gonna be pissed if G1 is all they keep releasing in Classics. Considering it's a fan based line, they should expand to what other fans want. I hate Beast Wars with a passion, but fans that like Beast Wars, but on't like G1 should get some love as well. Kids will eat up anything.

2. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I could care less what HasTak does.

But I'm only buying new toys of G1 characters.

3. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I'm all for some updated BW guys, mostly for more show-accurateness. I'd also like to see some more Armada updates, just for the hell of it (let's see Hasbro tackle Arm. Sideswipe). But most importantly, I want my Scrounge toy, damn it!

4. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

We can all agree we need a new Trailbreaker.

5. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Well-Known Member

Hear, hear! And then they can have the second head be Hoist, and he and HFTD Grapple can continue their epic architectural bromance with my old K'nex.

6. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    What happened to all that talk of a Generations Rhinox? Is it even in the pipeline? Hopefully the failure that was Classics Cheetor hasn't put Rhinox on the scrapheap... :/

7. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I really hope we get some Beast Wars figures in the line. Blackarachnia, Terrorsaur and Rhinox really need more show accurate toys. I'm getting pretty sick of almost everything being G1 in generations... BW deserves way more attention than it's getting.

I just don't want any of them to end up like universe Cheetor...

8. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Generations Cybershark!

Please?

9. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    the way that I look at it, I'm all for updates of "pre-ball jointed" figures. once they started using those in figure designs, the articulation became up to par with what I like to see in my figures. I think that's part of the reason why a lot of figures in armada were so terrible, since they were like a step backwards from what we had gotten used to in late g2-machine wars-beast wars-rid.

10. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I'd love more non-G1 characters in Generations, I use to be a GeeWunner, but I've seen the error of my ways, now I'm just strictly a TF fan, I appreciate all of the various universes of TFs.

Gimme some BW, RID, BM, Victory, Animated, Masterforce, BW2, and BW:Neo, and we will call it a day.

I wish Generations wasn't a Deluxe only pricepoint, cause I'd love for them to release the Big Convoy mold in his actual colors for a stateside release, be nice to have my Uni Nemmy Prime to square off against him.

11. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Most of the Beastwars,Rid,AEC & Animated toys can easily be bought on ebay for the same price as the original back in the day. slightly lower price as the price back in the day. or with some exceptional figure a slight or double mark up from the price that it was back in the day.

Doing a Armada blurr updated homage new mold. make no sense because that figure was meant to be a homage to the G-1 toy & character.

I kinda want more generations TF toys to focus on the G-1 brick formers. because the majority need poseability. it makes zero sense to update a toy from beastwars,BM Energon,cybertron & animated that were very poseably & highly sculpted. the whole point of a updated homage should be to give a brick former from G-1 a chance at a very poseable new mold.

There's just so many G-1 toys right now that need poseable toys. hopefully generations expands their size classes to voyager,ultra & leader sized toys.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This. Armada needs articulated toys espcially the Megatron, Starscream and Armada Wheeljack. awesome design that needs a second chance.

Armada Blurr is a brick, i'm guessing you don't own one.

It's not about articulation. Some toys are just bad (Armada Sideswipe, Energon Ironhide) and then their show inaccuartes (BW Blackarchinda and just about anything in BM), and then their's the bricks (Like most of the G1, G2 and early beast wars & Armada lines).

Yeah Leader Class Omega Supreme and Trypticon FTW!!!!!!!

Yeah Rhinox would be cool. I wish they were still going to make it, :( 

Scrounge is a great idea. Released in HFTD, He could be ROTF Jetfire's father.

^This. Besides if kids who had brothers/Sisters, or cousins had Beast Wars as a kid can always flash back their childhood.

13. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want well made figures that are a good alternative to the movie style. When it's a character I know and like, that's a bonus, but it's not necessary. I am pretty much totally unfamiliar with Drift, but he's a great toy so I bought him. In other words, I'm open for them choosing from any line if it's an improvement over the original figure or if the character never had a figure. I do find it kinda neat to be getting some comic characters.

14. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    :lol  :thumbs2: 

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Honestly I don't mind which line characters are culled from as long as the figures are good. But then I bought Cheetor as well one day when I had coin in my pocket and nothing else TF worth buying to get my fix so what do I know?
    That said redux G1 characters are my preference and those would be purchased first before ones revived from other lines.

16. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    Aside from the few big names that haven't got a CHUG release yet (the forthcoming Jazz & Scourge, for example), I'd prefer that for the rest of Generations we get wider line diversity. I'd love to see a Generations RiD Megatron (easy redeco into Hun-Grr!), for example.

17. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

Mostly, I just want obscure characters like Straxus that haven't been made into toys.

*G1 Alpha Trion
    *Marvel UK Impactor
    *Marvel UK Emirate Xaaron
    *BM Botanica
    *Animated Constructicons

And other obscure guys:
    *Proper G2 Megatron
    *G2 Dreadwing
    *G1 Darkwind
    *Transforming Classic Action Masters (i.e. Treadshot, Sprocet, Skyfall etc)
    *Diaclone Redecos

18. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

They don't have to, but if they want to sell the toys they make it's probably the best idea. Go ahead and make a few of those Neo figures in Generations. I'm sure rabbits and shrimp will fly right off the shelves.

19. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

^G1 Darkwind was made as a TRU EX out of the Univers Silberbolt mold and it's a pretty good and fitting update I think.

I don't mind the Non-G1 stuff. The Universe Lines had the three, however I didn't buy either because they weren't characters I was interested in. Not because they weren't G1.

20. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    You haven't looked at the secondary market prices on Beast Wars in a while, have you?